• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooting at Canadian Parlament

Kinda like that guy who ambushed a PA trooper and STILL hasn't been located? Finding one man is no easy task when they know what they're doing and is in no way a poor reflection on the Canadian authorities.

That dude is in a forest.

Hahahaha, yea. Its nothing I am sure. Probably just a mugging gone wrong. LOL

And this is what you get in a disarmed society.

Someone mentioned partisan nonsense earlier, and you didn't see any. Thanks for providing your own example, that was very considerate.

Uh, how often does this happen in Canada?
I don't believe there's any statistics counted for 'active shooter' incidents in the US or Canada. Gun deaths are better kept records, but still messy. Wiki says:

Canada gun deaths per 100,000
2.22 total
0.51 homocide
1.60 suicide
0.04 unintentional
0.02 undetermined

USA gun deaths per 100,000
10.30 total
3.60 homocide
6.30 suicide
0.30 unintentional
0.10 undetermined

You say that like it's relevant. It's a large area with lots of obstacles and poor lines of sight and places to hide, same as any city.

OK Gen Patton. These guys ran away from Canadian LEO after lighting up the place.

I don't believe there's any statistics counted for 'active shooter' incidents in the US or Canada. Gun deaths are better kept records, but still messy. Wiki says:

Canada gun deaths per 100,000
2.22 total
0.51 homocide
1.60 suicide
0.04 unintentional
0.02 undetermined

USA gun deaths per 100,000
10.30 total
3.60 homocide
6.30 suicide
0.30 unintentional
0.10 undetermined
That is a riot coming from someone in Chicago.

B0jqlKeIMAA3krz.jpg

Snipers set up on National Art Gallery as we remain barricaded in Centre Block on Parliament Hill

Man running w\ 2x-barrel shotgun, wearing scarf & blue jeans. Suspect still at large. #Ottawa #Shooting

B0jmSMuIMAA_7J6.jpg

A body outside ground at library of parliament

B0jpDQACcAEyFSU.jpg

The scene at the War Memorial in Ottawa Ottawa shooting wounds Canadian soldier at War Memorial | National Post

https://news.yahoo.com/uniformed-canadian-soldier-shot-at-ottawa-war-memorial-140825845.html

Reports are saying the soldier wounded at the war memorial has died.

Happening now.

So, then..........with your permission, every single thread we have on mass shootings in THIS country, I'm free to say, "See what happens when a society is ARMED?"

Don't let the cat get your tongue, brah.

DAMN !

I have a high appreciation for Canada and consider this easily equal to an attack on our own Capitol...

DAMN
DAMN
DAMN !!

Thom Paine

I hope they catch those responsible. I hope we find out why this was done.

I'm confident if the former, less so in the latter.

I have every expectation the Canadians will have this under control and investigated to the fullest. My heart goes out to those shot and terrorized. Prayers for you all. Go Canada!

From Twitter:

MP Jason Kenney has confirmed the soldier shot at the War Memorial on Sparks Street downtown Ottawa this morning has died.

Go kick some terrorist asses eh!

My deep condolences to his family, friends, colleague's, and the Canadian people.

Hahahaha, yea. Its nothing I am sure. Probably just a mugging gone wrong. LOL
Re-read my post. I did NOT say "it's nothing." I'm not speculating at all on the event, and neither is the government, for the same reason: It takes time to sort out what's really happening, and early media reports are often wrong.

Now let's watch all the security clamp downs and oppression of freedoms that will happen from this single incident. You know Harper is just waiting for it.

Wow. This is all kinds of ****ed...

Best wishes with our friends to the north. I'm confident Canada will kick some ass.

Simpleχity;1063896256 said:
From Twitter:

MP Jason Kenney has confirmed the soldier shot at the War Memorial on Sparks Street downtown Ottawa this morning has died.

Sad to hear I was hoping he would pull through.

Sad to hear I was hoping he would pull through.

Sadly I knew he was a goner with four bullet holes to the back if reports were true. Hard to survive that.

Back
Top Bottom