• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooting air rifles

Great information TurtleDude. I can't afford an Anschutz:mrgreen:, and I really appreciate the info on the others. It sounds like I need to check out the Beeman.

Great information TurtleDude. I can't afford an Anschutz:mrgreen:, and I really appreciate the info on the others. It sounds like I need to check out the Beeman.

This page shows a nice selection of air rifles. I don't know anything about the vendor, but there are descriptions and pictures of some good rifles, some very affordable:

Pellet Guns High Powered Break barrels Air Guns like Beeman Pellet Guns, Gamo, RWS Pellet Guns, Crosman, Daisy Break barrel Pellet Guns at Cobra Air guns

there are two places I buy from-one has great service ,the other has VG service and a huge selection

Air guns, BB Guns, Pellet Guns and Air Rifles from Crosman, Gamo, Walther and Beeman - PyramydAir.com

Straight Shooters Precison Airguns

straight shooters is a favorite of the hard core field target crowd

Pyramid has something for everyone

here is another good source but I haven't dealt with them but they come highly recommended

Airguns of Arizona - Precision Air Rifles, Airgun, Pistols, Pellets

places like Cabelas, Midway USA etc have decent selections of airguns but normally are limited to the OK but not top line stuff like the GAMOS or the Chinese made stuff with American names on them.

PM me for additional information if you need it. I own tons of airguns

Okay...

Pricey: RWS/Diana

Somewhat Pricey: the better Beeman rifles, Walther "Hunter Talon"

Cheaper but good: Winchester 1000 or GAMO.

Well, I'm reviving an old thread just for the purposes of updating.
Since I posted this thread almost 1 1/2 years ago, I have become a full-fledged airgun enthusiast and collector.
I own (for shooting purposes) two Diana model 34's in .177 cal, and one in .22. Excellent shooters and powerful enough to take small pests at 30 yards or more. I also acquired a Feinwerkbau sporter 124 with an old Beeman scope, which is the queen of my collection. My initial interest has bloomed into a really fun passion, and the old German air rifles are the ones that I treasure, but I've managed to come up with a couple of old American beauties as well.

Here's a few pics, for anyone interested in the sport/hobby.

Diana model 34 made in West Germany prior to reunification
rws34-5.jpg

Vintage 1963 Benjamin model 312
benjamin312.jpg

1981 FWB 124 (the queen)
fwb124.jpg

Early 60’s Diana model 50
diana50.jpg

Well, I'm reviving an old thread just for the purposes of updating.
Since I posted this thread almost 1 1/2 years ago, I have become a full-fledged airgun enthusiast and collector.
I own (for shooting purposes) two Diana model 34's in .177 cal, and one in .22. Excellent shooters and powerful enough to take small pests at 30 yards or more. I also acquired a Feinwerkbau sporter 124 with an old Beeman scope, which is the queen of my collection. My initial interest has bloomed into a really fun passion, and the old German air rifles are the ones that I treasure, but I've managed to come up with a couple of old American beauties as well.

Here's a few pics, for anyone interested in the sport/hobby.

Diana model 34 made in West Germany prior to reunification
rws34-5.jpg

Vintage 1963 Benjamin model 312
benjamin312.jpg

1981 FWB 124 (the queen)
fwb124.jpg

Early 60’s Diana model 50
diana50.jpg

I had an FWB 124. back in the old days the three big power kings (back in the days of Robert Law's Air Rifle Headquarters-the first real purveyor of the good Euro stuff-he was bought out by the later arriving RObert Beeman) were the HW 35, the Wischo 55 and the FWB. I got an FWB which I gave to a friend's college age boy for rat control where he worked. It was a nice rifle but the trigger was inferior to the Rekord trigger on the HW rifles

my favorite hi-power jobs are Brit Air Arms Pre charged pneumatics (I have a swedish compressor for filling them along with two of the top of the line bike style pumps) and an original Theoben Scirrocco nitrogen ram barrel break. I also have one of the HW-Beeman adjustable power air ram jobs as well

For the big stuff I have the webley-Kodiak 25 caliber springer-its accurate but a pain to ****

Many, many years ago, I bought this Marksman 1792. I think I paid something like $50 for it at K-Mart.

IM001127.jpg

I set up a shooting range in my parents' back yard, where, after trying a variety of different sorts of targets, I discovered that ice cubes make excellent targets for an air rifle. They shatter in a rather satisfying way when you hit them, leaving enough pieces that are big enough that you can still shoot at them and break them into smaller pieces.

One thing that I found makes a very bad target are 2-liter PETE soda bottles. PETE is a very tough plastic, that this air rifle cannot easily penetrate, so the pellets just end up ricocheting all over the place in a rather dangerous manner.

Back
Top Bottom