• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooter of Trump Supporter Speaks Out

VySky

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Well, we have an Antifa member taking the self defense position. Let the jury decide

=====================

Reinoehl has not been arrested or charged, and Portland police declined to say if he is the target of its investigation into the killing of Aaron “Jay” Danielson, who was taking part in a pro-Trump rally with an estimated 600 trucks winding through the city that night. But in a conversation with freelance journalist Donovan Farley provided to VICE News and airing in full Thursday night, Reinoehl said he believed he and a friend were about to be stabbed, and that he acted in self defense. -

"I Acted In Self-Defense": Portland Murder Suspect Makes First Public Appearance After Deadly Shooting | Zero Hedge

Well, we have an Antifa member taking the self defense position. Let the jury decide

=====================

Reinoehl has not been arrested or charged, and Portland police declined to say if he is the target of its investigation into the killing of Aaron “Jay” Danielson, who was taking part in a pro-Trump rally with an estimated 600 trucks winding through the city that night. But in a conversation with freelance journalist Donovan Farley provided to VICE News and airing in full Thursday night, Reinoehl said he believed he and a friend were about to be stabbed, and that he acted in self defense. -

"I Acted In Self-Defense": Portland Murder Suspect Makes First Public Appearance After Deadly Shooting | Zero Hedge

Maybe so, haven’t seen evidence.

The same defense folk are using for the Illinois kid who killed 2 and wounded another.

Well we'll see if that plays out at all, the self-defense arguments seem to be a bit convenient and I haven't seen anything to suggest it was.

=====================

says he was providing "security" at Black Lives Matter protests, when he says he believes he and a friend were about to be stabbed.
Another wanabee, like Rittenhouse, just from the other side of the fence it seems.

The same defense folk are using for the Illinois kid who killed 2 and wounded another.

Well we'll see if that plays out at all, the self-defense arguments seem to be a bit convenient and I haven't seen anything to suggest it was.

Apples and oranges.

Yep. Unlike the left. I draw no conclusions. Let the courts and jury decide
Both of them (Rittenhouse & this guy) are wanabees who take-up arms and inject themselves into volatile situations, causing the loss of life. I have no sympathy for them. Throw the book at 'em.

Another wanabee, like Rittenhouse, just from the other side of the fence it seems.

Well, if there is more video evidence which shows he WAS "acting in self-defense," no problem.

However, so far all we have is the one video which indicates he identified a "Trumper" and simply shot him.

=====================

Zerohedge? GTFOH!! :2rofll:
D5240696-7FB5-44CD-A624-38518F4A675A.jpg
Zero Hedge - Media Bias/Fact Check

ZeroHedge isn’t fit to be **** paper.

Portland shooter approaches his victim

Portland shooting - https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1299937196292669440

Kenosha shooter is being chased by his victim

Kenosha shooting - Tracking Kyle Rittenhouse in the Fatal Kenosha Shootings - The New York Times

The NY Times article isn't the video I wanted to use but all the undoctored stuff I was finding showed the victim checking out and that probably won't fly around here.

There is a WORLD of difference between the two incidents and the shooter in Portland, if he is ever prosecuted, will have a whole lot more explaining to do than the guy in Kenosha will.

Also, just because I can't let this kind of thing go by unchecked, it should be noted that the kid from Kenosha is in jail right now and the guy in Portland isn't even officially a suspect even though he admitted to the shooting. How's that for a double standard!

Well, if there is more video evidence which shows he WAS "acting in self-defense," no problem.

However, so far all we have is the one video which indicates he identified a "Trumper" and simply shot him.
Yeah, obviously each situation is unique and should be determined by the unique evidence. But I'm getting tired of these unqualified wannabees claiming they are "providing security', only to have them killing my fellow citizens. It's one thing to protect your home & your family, and quite another to go out into the public somewhere and play cop.

=====================

That's why we have courts.

=====================

i don't care what side they are on... they went looking for trouble, they killed, they should burn

Kenosha shooting - Tracking Kyle Rittenhouse in the Fatal Kenosha Shootings - The New York Times

The NY Times article isn't the video I wanted to use but all the undoctored stuff I was finding showed the victim checking out and that probably won't fly around here.

There is a WORLD of difference between the two incidents and the shooter in Portland, if he is ever prosecuted, will have a whole lot more explaining to do than the guy in Kenosha will.

Also, just because I can't let this kind of thing go by unchecked, it should be noted that the kid from Kenosha is in jail right now and the guy in Portland isn't even officially a suspect even though he admitted to the shooting. How's that for a double standard!
So, you expect Reinoehl won’t be arrested?

=====================

Zero Hedge?

Isn't there a real source?

Yeah, why the Portland shooter hasn't even been questioned is beyond me too.

BTW, the shooter is a service veteran.

So, you expect Reinoehl won’t be arrested?

I think he should be but I don't have much confidence that he will be. There isn't a whole lot of interest in investigating the shooting death of a Trump supporter in Portland. They don't roll that way up in those parts.

Well I reserve judgement but he may have bit himself in the ass by admitting to the shooting. He should have kept his mouth shut. He just complicated his defense.

Exactly. Reinoehl is Rittenhouse, 31 years more twisted and more reckless.
What Is Known of Michael Reinoehl, Person of Interest in Portland Killing - WSJ
They wanna' play 'cop', then get in over their heads & somebody dies.

Reinoehl is a middle-aged service veteran, though. You'd think he could handle himself better, than to cause a loss of life. At least Rittenhouse has the somewhat ameliorating facet of being a wet-behind-the-ears kid. Not so, Reinoehl.

Well I reserve judgement but he may have bit himself in the ass by admitting to the shooting. He should have kept his mouth shut. He just complicated his defense.
That example of a loss in judgement in running his mouth, makes me wonder about his judgement in the shoot.

=====================

It was self defense. THe video proves it.

It was self defense. THe video proves it.

I can't really make things out in that video, but it seems like there should be charges and he should get his day in court. Same as that kid.

Back
Top Bottom