• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooter of Trump Supporter Speaks Out

I'm anti-fascist. I would have thought most Americans were as well. Seems that I was wrong about that tho.

The difference is while you are really anti-fascist, Antifa just claims to be anti-fascist but actually is fascist.

I get your point, but very seriously doubt that would have ever put yourself in Rittenhouse’s position.
No, I never would have. And my neighborhood was very crowded & diverse, with plenty of trouble & troublemakers, so the opportunity for a lot of heavy stuff was there. But I can say there are things I look back on, and do sincerely utter again,

"there but for the grace of God go I"

That might be fair. But I am willing to cut a 17 y.o. kid more slack than a 48 y.o. middle-aged man. You know, the "there for the grace of God goes I" thing, that I shudder about when I remember being Rittenhouse's age!

Rittenhouse made a lot of bad decisions and his life will never be the same because of it. Typically, the people who oppose the “lock them up and throw away the key” approach to a teenager, even a teenager who has killed, are more left wing, opting instead for a a more rehabilitative approach. That has not been the case for Rittenhouse. Some want him to fry. Some want him to never have hope of parole and others, apparently, want him raped repeatedly in prison. I have seen advocacy for all these things.

All that said, you are the first I’ve seen to show consistency in taking into consideration his age, and I respect that.

Just another dead asshole with a gun. Good riddance. So many more to go.

Dude, you’re so full of it. You’ve been defending him this entire thread and called the officers who killed him nazis. You’ve already revealed your grief.

Last edited:
The same exact reasoning applies to Jacob Blake. The cops were never in danger.
It's always interesting to see someone with an agenda misstate facts to pursue their agenda.
1) Danielson (the victim) was assaulting protesters all day/night. He took a paintball gun and bear spray to the protest, and was seen shooting people with it from the back of a pickup.

2) He had a holster strapped to his hip (for his bear spray?). It is visible in photos.

3) Reinoehl claims he used it at the time of the encounter, and video evidence does suggest that they "fired" at the same time. (Mutual "self defense" or mutual aggression?)

Since the shooting, Reinoehl said he’s gone into hiding, and moved his children to a safe place after shots were fired into his house just hours after the incident. “They're out hunting me,” he said. “There's nightly posts of the hunt and where they're going to be hunting. They made a post saying the deer are going to feel lucky this year because it's open season on Michael right now.”

He had not turned himself in, he said, because he believed right-wing protesters were collaborating with police, who will not protect him or his family. [He was apparently right about that.]

He said at the time of the confrontation and the shooting, there were no police present to help. “There was definitely nobody in sight, no police officer, nobody at all that could intervene. It was a free-for-all. And the police were letting it happen,” he said.

Two days later, he said he had no regrets about his actions. “If the life of anybody I care about is in danger, and there's something I can do to prevent it … I think that any good human being would do the same thing,” he said.
Man Linked to Killing at a Portland Protest Says He Acted in Self-Defense (Vice)

Last edited:
I appreciate your sincere efforts here, but I can't make anything out in that video.
"Sincere"? You are far too kind, my friend.

Rittenhouse made a lot of bad decisions and his life will never be the same because of it. Typically, the people who oppose the “lock them up and throw away the key” approach to a teenager, even a teenager who has killed, are more left wing, opting instead for a a more rehabilitative approach. That has not been the case for Rittenhouse. Some want him to fry. Some want him to never have hope of parole and others, apparently, want him raped repeatedly in prison. I have seen advocacy for all these things.

All that said, you are the first I’ve seen to show consistency in taking into consideration his age, and I respect that.
Thanks for the kind words, X actor. I think when most of us men see a kid at that age, we see a little of ourselves in them, realizing how young, naive, and wet-behind-the-ears we were at that age. Boys trying to learn to become men, is what that is. It ain't easy, and it depends on the boys having good, loving, firm, role models in their lives.

But FYI, Kyle does seem to exhibit either bad prior judgement, or perhaps problems at home. He dropped out of school at 14 (1st semester of H.S.), and has had several juvie arrests. Not the end of the world, but definitely indicates a kid with something going-on. Many kids with starts like that recover to lead good lives, and conversely many go deeper.

As to 'rehabilitative approaches', I'm there 100%! I believe everyone, no matter the age & circumstance, should have the possibility of redemption. And as to kids/boys in particular, I follow the words of Father Flanagan of 'Boy's Town' fame,

"There is no such thing as a bad boy."

I do believe this. Kids at younger ages are never intrinsically 'bad'. If they get in trouble, there's something going-on with their family, neighborhood, school, or someone or something in their lives. Men & women can become bad, obviously. But kids just don't have it in them - yet.

Back
Top Bottom