• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooter of Trump Supporter Speaks Out

I think he should be but I don't have much confidence that he will be. There isn't a whole lot of interest in investigating the shooting death of a Trump supporter in Portland. They don't roll that way up in those parts.

I think the FBI is investigating it.

That example of a loss in judgement in running his mouth, makes me wonder about his judgement in the shoot.

His age surprised me. Most Antifa are young...but this guy was in his 50s.

He was with his daughter, too...said he brought her to the protest because he wanted to teach her a civics lesson.

His age surprised me. Most Antifa are young...but this guy was in his 50s.

He was with his daughter, too...said he brought her to the protest because he wanted to teach her a civics lesson.
He's 48, married with kids, and a service vet.

No, not your usual anti-fa claimant.

I'm anti-fascist. I would have thought most Americans were as well. Seems that I was wrong about that tho.

I can't really make things out in that video, but it seems like there should be charges and he should get his day in court. Same as that kid.

Well this enhanced video seems to show he just walked up and shot him.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1299937196292669440

No evidence of fear, no knife...just walked up said "Right here?" and "Blam!"

Then he turns around and calmly walks away.

I don't think he's got a self-defense argument. :unsure13:

Last edited:
I guess he hasn't seen the video of himself shooting the guy.

It's amazing that this guy hasn't been arrested.

Last edited:
I'm anti-fascist. I would have thought most Americans were as well. Seems that I was wrong about that tho.
Great point!

"Anti-fascist", and the current colloquial "antifa", seem to have different meanings these days. I will admit, much of the current hyperbole about antifa is Trump and Trump-media induced.

Enhanced, or not, I'm still having a hard time making it out. What we don't see is what immediately proceeding it, either.

Let me help you.

1. The guy wearing white with the backpack is the man who was shot.

2. The guy doing the shooting is wearing tan pants and a dark top.

3. There is a guy on a skateboard passing behind guy #1,

4. You can see guy # 2 walking up (saying "right here?) then you see his right arm come up and shoot twice, then he turns around and calmly walks away.

Even if we accept his allegation man #1 had a knife, which is not evident in any video showing those reacting to aid the shot man, he was not close enough to use it. Nor is there anything showing man #1 was moving towards his shooter.

Let me help you.

4. You can see guy # 2 walking up (saying "right here?) then you see his right arm come up and shoot twice, then he turns around and calmly walks away.

Even if we accept his allegation man #1 had a knife, which is not evident in any video showing those reacting to aid the shot man, he was not close enough to use it. Nor is there anything showing man #1 was moving towards his shooter.
I appreciate your sincere efforts here, but I can't make anything out in that video.

don't do violent things. vote.

The same defense folk are using for the Illinois kid who killed 2 and wounded another..

Except in Kenosha they have video that demonstrates his need for self defense. Not so in Portland.

Both of them (Rittenhouse & this guy) are wanabees who take-up arms and inject themselves into volatile situations, causing the loss of life. I have no sympathy for them. Throw the book at 'em.

Notice they haven't even charged this guy in Portland with a crime while in Kenosha he was charged the next day.

Zerohedge? GTFOH!! :2rofll:
View attachment 67293981
Zero Hedge - Media Bias/Fact Check

ZeroHedge isn’t fit to be **** paper.

Sooooo then go to the VICE TV interview instead. Its a video of an interview. Not some theory of some uncertain situation. Hell you can click on the short promo video and see the guy saying everything VICE news reported that he did say. Is it your theory that ZEROhedge is fabricating a video of the guy speaking? You bash the messenger and declare "GTFO" because that's all you have. Couldn't even begin to dispute a single word printed at the zerohedge link.

That example of a loss in judgement in running his mouth, makes me wonder about his judgement in the shoot.

There are greater strategic issues involved so he may have decided on that basis rather than strictly on his legal situation. By speaking out he is setting up his movement to be able cause and take advantage of subsequent turmoil. I am of the opinion Antifa are terrorists utilizing low grade continuous terrorist tactics to further their political objectives. The killing may be part of a campaign and therefor deliberate and calculated.

As for if that is in fact true only time MAY tell. We may never know the truth.

#butwhateveriheardonBreitbarttenminutesago

#whatIseeonallthoseflagstheycarrytotheirdemonstrations
Antifaschistische Aktion

That's why we have courts.

The courts will never get involved if the police don't arrest him and the DA doesn't decide to prosecute.

/thread over

Let me help you.

You seem to have that totally backwards. The guy in the dark top turns around and walks away, and then collapses face first. Watch the whole video:

Portland Shooting (8/29/2020) - Timeline Reconstruction [VERSION 1] - YouTube

Here's what I see, after watching this frame by frame a dozen+ times (using the time stamps on the "enhanced video") https://twitter.com/i/status/1299937196292669440

1. At 0:01, a man in a black top and light shorts ("the Victim") is standing in front of the garage entrance on the right side of the street, facing into the street. There's a car on the side of the street right next to him, a little to his right. A man in a white shirt and dark pants, with what appears to be a dark backpack ("the Shooter") is in the middle of the street crossing from left to right (toward the side the Victim is on). Another person ("the Other Guy") appears to be crossing near the Shooter, just a little further away from the camera. Both are heading pretty much directly across the street to cross almost right behind the car and close to the Victim (perhaps a little "this side" of the camera from him).

2. At 0:05, just after the white SUV passes by, the Shooter seems to have veered a little bit to his right while crossing so as to get further away from the Victim. The Other Guy has made it pretty much all the way across (you can't see him well, as he's directly behind the Shooter). The Victim has turned generally toward the camera and is now walking purposefully down the street in the direction of the Other Guy (and the Shooter). He appears to be holding a fairly large object in his right hand, hanging straight down by his side.

3. At 0:06, the Shooter quickly turns his body 90 degrees in the direction of the Victim and appears to raise his arms in front of him (watch his right elbow and his shoulders). A split second after this motion, the Victim raises his right arm (and the large object) and you can see a cloud start to move toward the shooter. Before the cloud is even halfway to the Shooter, two shots are fired. The Shooter then backs away and runs off. The Victim turns up the street, walks about 15 feet and then collapses face first on the ground. His friend, who kind of appeared suddenly after the shooting runs up to check on him.

I cannot figure out for sure what happened to the Other Guy. I think he was probably just the Victim's friend who suddenly appears after the shooting right about where the "Other Guy" was last seen, and he was crossing the street more or less parallel to the Shooter while the Victim waited for him, and then they turned to head down the street toward the camera (and toward the shooter) with the Victim. My only hesitation there is that the Other Guy was a very dark outline, but the friend had a white shirt. This could be just because of the lighting, but it seems a bit odd.

But it's also possible that the Other Guy was the friend the Shooter mentioned, and that the Victim was approaching him quickly, which the Shooter interpreted as an attack. This makes it hard to account for the sudden appearance of the Victim's friend, and the absence of the Other Guy after the shooting, but it's not out of the question.

I cannot figure out for sure what happened to the Other Guy. I think he was probably just the Victim's friend who suddenly appears after the shooting right about where the "Other Guy" was last seen, and he was crossing the street more or less parallel to the Shooter while the Victim waited for him, and then they turned to head down the street toward the camera (and toward the shooter) with the Victim. My only hesitation there is that the Other Guy was a very dark outline, but the friend had a white shirt. This could be just because of the lighting, but it seems a bit odd.

But it's also possible that the Other Guy was the friend the Shooter mentioned, and that the Victim was approaching him quickly, which the Shooter interpreted as an attack. This makes it hard to account for the sudden appearance of the Victim's friend, and the absence of the Other Guy after the shooting, but it's not out of the question.

Nevermind. I think I found them both. The "Other Guy" was not the Victim's friend, so probably the Shooter's friend.

Anyway, it's all a moot point now.

They wanna' play 'cop', then get in over their heads & somebody dies.

Reinoehl is a middle-aged service veteran, though. You'd think he could handle himself better, than to cause a loss of life. At least Rittenhouse has the somewhat ameliorating facet of being a wet-behind-the-ears kid. Not so, Reinoehl.

Being a veteran doesn't mean anything.

The military has just as many whack jobs as civilian society does, and I have baby sat many of them in my 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom