• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shoes off or on?

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
When people come over to your house, do you ask them to take their shoes off?

When you go over to other people's houses, do you take your shoes off without being asked?

When you go over to other people's houses, do you take your shoes off without being asked?

We don't ask people to take shoes off, and I only take shoes off if it is obvious they want me to.

Shoes are filthy and have no place being wore in my home. Please take them off at the door. Thank you.

As for other peoples homes, well, that would depend. Most of the time I take them off, but sometimes I go into someone else's home and the floor is just disgusting and there is no way I'm taking my shoes off. Luckily, those people never request I take them off. Thank god.

Last edited:

all my floors are either tile or hardwood. I only ask people to take their shoes off if it has been raining out and they are wet/muddy.

I don't go to other people's houses....other people suck ;)

I follow the host's lead....

I don't ask others to take off their shoes in my house... there is no flooring in the place worth preserving..... :wink:

In the winter with the snow or on a rainy day, yes I ask my guests to take their shoes off. My house is carpeted and I don't want to clean up or stain it from dirty shoes. I will take off my shoes if asked or obvious at others people house. I don't think it's a big deal, I just try to remember when I go not not to wear my holey socks.

No, I ask them if they have smelly feet first. :lol: jk

That would depend on the situation. If it is raining outside, I'd probably ask them to do so. I don't mind cleaning the floor afterwards though. I don't have carpets, just tiles and wood.

People usually ask when they come into my house and I always say that I don't care. I have carpet cleaner if I need it.

I always ask if I go to someone else's house.

No, I don't tell people to take off their shoes.

Yes, I do take my shoes off in other people's homes without being asked. It's a habit I picked up in real estate, actually. Got me a listing once, if you can believe it. The Seller had interviewed three agents. I was the last. I was the only one who took their shoes off. Who knew?? Ha!

I think I'd rather have the plumbers shoes on my floor than sweaty, smelly feet.

Off, always off. I keep my socks on though. They invited me over to their house, the least I can do is not muck up the place lol.

I think the "No No. We take off our shoes in this house" people should be shot, or tarred and feathered with dirty socks and jocks from the high school locker room at the very least.

I think the "No No. We take off our shoes in this house" people should be shot, or tarred and feathered with dirty socks and jocks from the high school locker room at the very least.

those are usually the same people that have 3 freakin cats in the house and the whole place is covered in cat fur and smells like a litterbox

those are usually the same people that have 3 freakin cats in the house and the whole place is covered in cat fur and smells like a litterbox

I had to grow up with that. Alongside a minimum of 5 cats. The whole house stunk of cat **** and they pissed everywhere. Hence you were treading in cat **** with socks on.

I had to grow up with that. Alongside a minimum of 5 cats. The whole house stunk of cat **** and they pissed everywhere. Hence you were treading in cat **** with socks on.

yeah....my mother was the proverbial "crazy cat lady". we always had at least 3-4 cats. nothing more disgusting that getting up at 2 a.m. to take a piss and stepping barefoot onto a freshly deposited squishy hairball.

I have kids and cats and dogs and occasionally birds and, once every year or two, a snake in my house. One one occasion I had dogs chasing a bird chasing a squirrel zoom through my house and I never know when I may have a box turtle sitting on the kitchen table with the kids trying to feed it veggies. I don't just need to keep my shoes on--I need a bio-hazard suit so germaphobes go shrieking down the street when they show up at our door.

yeah....my mother was the proverbial "crazy cat lady". we always had at least 3-4 cats. nothing more disgusting that getting up at 2 a.m. to take a piss and stepping barefoot onto a freshly deposited squishy hairball.

I once woke up with two bits of cat sick in my room (1 on my bed) and a cat turd on the floor. Ours never really had hairballs.

When I enter someone else's house, I always remove my shoes without being asked. When people visit my house, I let them choose and in fact tell them they can leave their shoes on if they wish. I have a dog and always have had dogs, so having a pristine house has never been an issue with me. For me, living means lived in and used. However, I don't project my lifestyle onto others and so I do the respectful thing, without being asked, in others' homes.

I once woke up with two bits of cat sick in my room (1 on my bed) and a cat turd on the floor. Ours never really had hairballs.

my mom was very fond of the long hair cats. we always had hairballs everywhere. and they always wanted to sleep on your pillow and breathe in your face all freakin night long.

Off, thought I don't demand it if guests. For years though I've been tempted to emulate the Asian practice of leaving slippers in the entrance hall for guests. That has always struck me as very civilized.

I have never understood that. Out cats are outside cats. They venture in for a bit but spend the bulk of their time outside. We have never done the litterbox box thing and have never had a real problem with cats crapping/puking in the house.

I'm bothered by the concept, especially if they didn't tell me ahead of time that they have issues with me wearing shoes. I don't do so at other people's homes willingly. Nor do I ask, expect, or request they do so in my home.

I have never understood that. Out cats are outside cats. They venture in for a bit but spend the bulk of their time outside. We have never done the litterbox box thing and have never had a real problem with cats crapping/puking in the house.

same here. I currently have 3 cats. one we got when my son divorced and his job took him overseas, another we got from my daughter when she went to basic training and the 3rd from daughter when she went to Iraq. They all got used to being indoor/outdoor cats and could not readjust to being "apartment cats". I have a cat door and they come and go as they please. I do have a litterbox in the laundry/utility room but they hardly ever use it. Our only problem is that they like to bring in all the varmints they kill to show them off.

same here. I currently have 3 cats. one we got when my son divorced and his job took him overseas, another we got from my daughter when she went to basic training and the 3rd from daughter when she went to Iraq. They all got used to being indoor/outdoor cats and could not readjust to being "apartment cats". I have a cat door and they come and go as they please. I do have a litterbox in the laundry/utility room but they hardly ever use it. Our only problem is that they like to bring in all the varmints they kill to show them off.

Everyone I know who has had a cat door says the same thing except usually what they bring in is still alive and wounded. One of the dogs does not play well with the cats so we cannot just let them roam freely in the house unless that dog is put up.

Back
Top Bottom