• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shocking video shows man punching 11-year-old girl in the face during fight outside mall

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
:alertWARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO:alert
https://www.wtae.com/article/shocki...IPGou3rsjzCUqO6k1RsjLZvykbDaMJnn9hOyXR3l7HU10
Shocking video shows man punching 11-year-old girl in the face during fight outside mall

Police in North Carolina aren’t releasing details about the arrest of a man accused of pushing and punching an 11-year-old girl during a fight outside a mall.
According to the Asheville Citizen-Times, police said 51-year-old David Steven Bell of Black Mountain is charged with assault on a female under the age of 12 and two counts of assault on a female. Police spokeswoman Christina Hallingse said two 13-year-old girls said Bell pushed them as well, leading to charges of assault on a female.

back up links:
https://myfox8.com/2019/01/16/video-captures-man-hitting-child-in-nc-mall-fight/
https://abc11.com/man-accused-of-punching-girl-in-face-outside-asheville-mall-/5089034/
https://www.kcci.com/article/shocki...n-the-face-during-fight-outside-mall/25914382
https://www.greensboro.com/news/nor...cle_d895b702-4ee0-515c-a35d-278b3e415bf7.html

i searched a lot of links but theres nothing i found that justifies the response in the video. He is 6'5" 250lbs and he knocks out an 11yr old girl.
unless some REALLY special info comes out I hope they throw the book at this dude.

Remember that video of the cop flipping some 12ish year old girl over in school, still in her desk, and then dragging her out of the classroom?

I'd hope a badge doesn't make the difference, because that **** is wrong.

Why did you show the edited video that didn't show the kids pushing and surrounding the grownup?

Why did you show the edited video that didn't show the kids pushing and surrounding the grownup?

What the **** is wrong with you? there is no excuse ever for what this POS did.

I'm terribly sorry if you would have been in mortal terror were a little girl to run defiantly at you, but no. Just no.

I mean, you did get a response. So your mission was accomplished. But it really was a deeply idiotic subject to use to seek to elicit a response.

He could’ve killed her with that punch. My ****ing god what an animal.

LMAO why do you lie? the video is not "edited" its what the links contained..... theres nothing in the video above that justifies what this man did, if you have more please let us know. Im more than willing to defend the guy if theres info and factual proof of some type of threat?

Currently he is charged with felony assault and should be. He could have easily killed the girl.

I watched that video and he was being charged by a fist swinging person who was intent on assaulting him. He was only standing his ground and acting in self-defence because he believed that his life and/or safety was in danger from a person who might have been mentally ill. That so-called "victim" should be eternally grateful that he didn't decide to exercise his 2nd Amendment Rights.

[Written just to save Mr. Trump's supporters the effort of writing it.]

1.) I watched that video and he was being charged by a fist swinging person who was intent on assaulting him.
2.) He was only standing his ground
3.) and acting in self-defence because he believed that his life and/or safety was in danger
4.) from a person who might have been mentally ill.
5.) That so-called "victim" should be eternally grateful that he didn't decide to exercise his 2nd Amendment Rights.

LOL nice one
but for the record even all trump supports dont think the same or like this.

It's going to take a lot of explaining for him to be considered anything other than a douche who needs to be locked away until he can control his temper.

He could’ve killed her with that punch. My ****ing god what an animal.

Five times her size at least, likely 30x muscle even if non-athletic, and he's got a defender in post 4.

I do not like people. Well, some of them.

I watched that video and he was being charged by a fist swinging person who was intent on assaulting him. He was only standing his ground and acting in self-defence because he believed that his life and/or safety was in danger from a person who might have been mentally ill. That so-called "victim" should be eternally grateful that he didn't decide to exercise his 2nd Amendment Rights.

You get 50 points if someone "likes" your post before getting to the brackets.

I'm terribly sorry if you would have been in mortal terror were a little girl to run defiantly at you, but no. Just no.

Well, if a pack of hoodlums surrounds your family and starts behaving violently towards you then I wouldn’t hold you responsible for what follows either.

Well, if a pack of hoodlums surrounds your family and starts behaving violently towards you then I wouldn’t hold you responsible for what follows either.

If a pack of 12 year old brown people surrounds me, I will find it amusing.

Seriously? I mean, I could pick that girl up and throw her across a room. She's not a threat. (ok, maybe not across the room. But seriously? She was tiny).

I saw this a few days ago.

The man should not have hit the kid. He should have walked away or called the police and then walked away.

However, he was assaulted. He had the right to defend himself, but decking a little kid that is not armed is not called for, or acceptable, under any circumstances. With his size difference all he had to do was to stiff arm her to keep her off of him when she attacked him. He has the right to keep her away when she attacked, but not to hit her and knock her out. The size difference makes the action he took to be over the limit of reasonable action.

All that said, what the hell were all those kids doing there, harassing shoppers that were going in and out of the mall? We used to have the same problems around here until the malls and the movie theaters posted rules about unaccompanied minors and got the police to help out. Now, kids have to have a parent with them, or they're not allowed to be on the property. https://www.shopnorthlake.com/youth-supervision-policy/

Why were these children here fighting in the first place? Why was the person being engaged by these little vermin. Is there a longer video than just the shot of the hit? This looks like an instance of bear baiting. I want to be sure.

If a pack of 12 year old brown people surrounds me, I will find it amusing.

Seriously? I mean, I could pick that girl up and throw her across a room. She's not a threat. (ok, maybe not across the room. But seriously? She was tiny).

By herself? Sure. But if you and your friends corner a man’s family and try to start a game of fistifcuffs then expect to get your head knocked off your shoulders.

1.) Why were these children here fighting in the first place? Why was the person being engaged by these little vermin.
2.) Is there a longer video than just the shot of the hit?
3.) This looks like an instance of bear baiting. I want to be sure.

1.) dont know, none of the articles say, i looked at like 20. they say that info is not released/discovered yet. I read lots of hearsay but thats all it was . . seemed like guessing to me . . positive and negative
2.) not that i have seen but I cant even come up with a scenario in my head that would change anything that doesnt involve that girl having a weapon and brandishing it earlier
3.) maybe, looks like a case of nutcase goes whacko to me but I do agree a lot of info is missing but again i have to stress . . i doubt theres any info that changes the situation of him being charged with felony assault. its not impossible but unlikely IMO

By herself? Sure. But if you and your friends corner a man’s family and try to start a game of fistifcuffs then expect to get your head knocked off your shoulders.

"pack of hoodlums behaving violently"
"corner a mans family"
"game of fist to cuffs"

do you have more info and video because rational i dont see any of that in the video or being described by facts so far.

I agree with you by the way if we had a video of what you describe factually happening but we dont.

This reminds me of a since in a wild live documentary I've watched. There was group of lions trying to take down a giraffe , one of the lions runs up to the giraffe, gets kicked and the rest scatter. If the lions could of spoke I bet they would of sounded just like those girls while they were running away.

This seems like of a case of when keeping it real and bad parenting goes wrong.

"pack of hoodlums behaving violently"
"corner a mans family"
"game of fist to cuffs"

do you have more info and video because rational i dont see any of that in the video or being described by facts so far.

I agree with you by the way if we had a video of what you describe factually happening but we dont.

From what I’ve read, no video depicting the events leading up to this has been released. But he obviously didn’t just materialize in the middle of a crowd of kids assaulting him. What we do have is a Twitter post from him saying “She was not a ‘little girl’ her and her pack were violently attacking my family and I. I was protecting my family. This was purely self defense.”

This reminds me of a since in a wild live documentary I've watched. There was group of lions trying to take down a giraffe , one of the lions runs up to the giraffe, gets kicked and the rest scatter. If the lions could of spoke I bet they would of sounded just like those girls while they were running away.

This seems like of a case of when keeping it real and bad parenting goes wrong.

except the documentary is of a life and death situation

bad parenting? probably
keeping it real? not in the sense i know of the phrase

ill could agree if you mean keeping it real dumb, unhinged and psychotic

1.) dont know, none of the articles say, i looked at like 20. they say that info is not released/discovered yet. I read lots of hearsay but thats all it was . . seemed like guessing to me . . positive and negative
2.) not that i have seen but I cant even come up with a scenario in my head that would change anything that doesnt involve that girl having a weapon and brandishing it earlier
3.) maybe, looks like a case of nutcase goes whacko to me but I do agree a lot of info is missing but again i have to stress . . i doubt theres any info that changes the situation of him being charged with felony assault. its not impossible but unlikely IMO

I am going to point out, I would have called the cops previous and I would have reacted worse than that guy exactly because the waif was part of a crowd. You dont **** around in a fight especially if you are out numbered, as withdrawal can be much more difficult. Which is what he did, **** around. He should have dropped her the first time around and pursued and dropped as many as could as rapidly as possible, or my preference snatch her up and put the fear of the devil right into her. Wouldn't have much trouble doing that at 250lbs plus. These children were in a pack they were looking for and instigating trouble. They found it. Packs and gangs should never be tolerated, especially if they are instigating trouble.

A man that size who claims self defense against an unarmed, 11-year old girl doesn't get to call himself a man. Nor does anyone defending the action.

Back
Top Bottom