• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shocking video of children in Philadelphia Muslim Society: 'We will chop off their heads' for Allah

He was accurate, the Jews still follow the old testament because "only in Christ is it taken away".

More nonsense. Either you have no clue what the bible says, or you are trying to deceive.

This is from the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus is talking to the crowds. He recites the beatitudes, he is obviously speaking about everyone, not just Jews. So obviously his statement about the OT laws still being in effect applies to everyone.

More nonsense. Either you have no clue what the bible says, or you are trying to deceive..

Ive been quoting the bible. What the bible says are within the quotes.

Ive been quoting the bible. What the bible says are within the quotes.

So what? That has nothing to do with your claim that Jesus was only speaking to the Jews at the Sermon on the Mount.

Are you that ignorant of what the bible says, or are you trying to deceive?

Jesus said the OT laws still apply. You say they don't. So was Jesus lying, or just confused that day?

Last edited:
So what? That has nothing to do with your claim that Jesus was only speaking to the Jews at the Sermon on the Mount.

Are you that ignorant of what the bible says, or are you trying to deceive?

Jesus said the OT laws still apply.

No he didnt, he said

17 ¶ Think not that I am come to adestroy the blaw, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the alaw, till all be bfulfilled.

To the Jews he points to the old testament-

38 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, An aeye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

for the Christians for whom Jesus has fulfilled the law

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

No he didnt, he said

17 ¶ Think not that I am come to adestroy the blaw, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the alaw, till all be bfulfilled.

Yep. Jesus is speaking to the multitudes. He says that the OT laws still applies.

To the Jews he points to the old testament-

38 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, An aeye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:

for the Christians for whom Jesus has fulfilled the law

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

First you seem to be having trouble reading that verse. He says: "Till heaven and earth pass" . Obviously the earth and heaven have not passed. Or is Jesus just confused about what he's saying?

Second, this has nothing to do with what Jesus said later. We're talking about what he said to the multitudes at the beginning of the Sermon on the Mount.

Matthew 5:18 “For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”

Tell me where in that sentence he says "But this only applies to the Jews"

So, again, was Jesus lying? Was Jesus just confused and forgot those words? Or????

And again, don't Christians believe in the Ten Commandments? If the OT doesn't apply, why do Christians put those up all over the place?

Last edited:
Yep. Jesus is speaking to the multitudes. He says that the OT laws still applies.

First you seem to be having trouble reading that verse. He says: "Till heaven and earth pass" .

No, you are skipping the part where he says its "till all be fulfilled" because "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Last edited:

Notice how I quote while you paraphrase. He doesnt say the law still applies. I asked you for a link that shows Christians believe the old testament laws still apply

AND IT STATES PRECISELY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU HAVE IMAGINED.

"Believers, we are to live by the words of Jesus Christ, which will never pass away. Jesus brought in the New Covenant, which is an everlasting covenant. The old is passed away, and we live in the New Covenant age."

Back
Top Bottom