• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shocking phone-bill horror stories motivate regulators

Yeah, I have a huge problem with people excusing companies performing immoral activity because of some contract.

How about the fact that it's a company providing a service and deserves to be compensated for that service. Wether you think they are charging too much for it is irrelevant. You don't get to set the price a company charges and those charges are clearly made known.

However, there is a cost associated with providing the service beyond just the bandwidt. They had to develop the technology (or pay licensing fees). They have to pay salaries for their employees. They have to pay for upkeep of the infrastructure. They have to pay the expense of launching the sat. Etc. IMO, they didn't have to reduce the bill at all, and it was just nice that they did.

It would be similar to me asking you to come out to my house and take care of my lawn, house, etc. You can do this after you get off your normal job, and I'll even provide all of the necessary materials. I'll of course agree to pay you $100.00 per hour. After i've used your service, i'll do what you think this lady should do and stiff you out of the money I owe. After all, it was just your free time, and didn't cost you anything.

Back
Top Bottom