• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shocking news. Published new Bible for homosexuals...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
In an effort to eliminate all known references to homosexuality as being sinful from Scripture, a new homosexual-friendly “Bible” has been released.

The “Queen James” version, which was published at the end of November, is said to be an attempt to “to prevent homophobic misinterpretation” of the Bible. Its publishers claim that the word “homosexuality” was not used in the Bible until 1946 when the Revised Standard Version was released, and that people have misunderstood the original meaning of the text.
The Queen James version makes no other changes to Bible passages other than to eight Scriptures that it feels have been wrongly construed to reference homosexual behavior.

Instead of God’s law in Leviticus 18:21 reading “Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind: it is abomination,” it now reads, “Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind in the temple of Molech: it is an abomination,” insinuating that homosexuality began as a pagan practice, and is only prohibited when the sexual acts are done in the name of paganism.

The publishers do admit, however, that the Bible has across the board prohibitions against other adult relationships, not matter where they are committed or the motivation, explaining, “Leviticus 18 includes a long list of forbidden sexual offenses in the form of incest, from verse 6 (‘near of kin’ relatives) to verse 18 (your wife’s sister). At verse 19, the sexual offenses are no longer incestuous, simply forbidding sex with a menstruating woman (verse 19) and your neighbor’s wife (verse 20).”

Likewise, the publishers state that Romans 1 refers to men and women having same-sex relations as part of pagan idol worship, and edits the text to read, “Their women did change their natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, left of the natural use of the woman, burned in ritual lust, one toward another, men with men working that which is pagan and unseemly. For this cause God gave the idolaters up unto vile affections, receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.”
https://lifeway777.blogspot.com/2015/07/shocking-news-published-new-bible-for.html

What makes you fear it so?
I don't fear it...I do realize it is merely a sign of the times but it still makes me sad that God's Word has been distorted so...

Most bibles have been published for political leaders agendas. I dont see much difference. Not sure why you are so outraged.

The book is always changed to suit agendas. And let's not even get into the interpretations.
Some people accept lies, others do not...

Yes, your posts are a perfect example.

What flavor bible do you worship? What interpretations fit your agenda?
Any of them who stick to the original text...

Any of them who stick to the original text...
lol

Original text? Seriously?
You do know the Bible is a collection of books that recalls folklore don't you?
That books have been changed put in Or taken out for centuries? Depending on agenda.
Original text. How ridiculous.

lol

Original text? Seriously?
You do know the Bible is a collection of books that recalls folklore don't you?
That books have been changed put in Or taken out for centuries? Depending on agenda.
Original text. How ridiculous.

Has the Bible Been Changed or Tampered With?

No. A comparison of ancient manuscripts shows that the Bible is basically unchanged despite millenniums of recopying on perishable materials.

What additional reasons are there for confidence that the Bible has been transmitted with accuracy?

• Both Jewish and Christian copyists preserved accounts that expose the serious mistakes made by God’s people.* (Numbers 20:12; 2 Samuel 11:2-4; Galatians 2:11-14) Likewise, they preserved passages that condemn the Jewish nation’s disobedience and that expose man-made doctrines. (Hosea 4:2; Malachi 2:8, 9; Matthew 23:8, 9; 1 John 5:21) By copying these accounts accurately, the copyists showed their trustworthiness and their high regard for God’s sacred Word.
  • Is it not reasonable that God, having inspired the Bible in the first place, would also preserve its accuracy?* (Isaiah 40:8; 1 Peter 1:24, 25) After all, he intended it to benefit not only people of long ago but also us today. (1 Corinthians 10:11) In fact, “all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.”—Romans 15:4.
  • Jesus and his followers quoted from copies of the Hebrew Scriptures without expressing any concern about the accuracy of those ancient texts.—Luke 4:16-21; Acts 17:1-3.
These words are not found in the Codex Sinaiticus, the Codex Alexandrinus, the Vatican Manuscript 1209, the original Latin Vulgate, the Philoxenian-Harclean Syriac Version, or the Syriac Peshitta.
For example, over 5,000 Greek manuscripts of the so-called New Testament, or Christian Greek Scriptures, have been discovered.
The Bible does not portray God’s human representatives as infallible. It realistically acknowledges: “There is no man who does not sin.”—1 Kings 8:46.
The Bible states that although God did not dictate all its contents word for word, he did guide the thoughts of the human writers.—2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:21.
https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/502017143?q=original+text&p=sen

Should have thought about that before Christians stuck their collective noses into Caesar's affairs
Tell that to someone else...i do not vote...

I don't fear it...I do realize it is merely a sign of the times but it still makes me sad that God's Word has been distorted so...
Your God isn't inclusive, or is it just his followers?

Tell that to someone else...i do not vote...
Just saying. If Christianity wants to stay relevant, it has to roll with it

I am watching The Ten Comandments .

So I am finely turned on the Old Testament.

Lots of hot chick's. My kind of book!
Buff guys fir the girls, yep, this Bible book is a winner!

Oh wait, the scared water is running red. Now plagues.

No worries, the women are still hot.

Back
Top Bottom