• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shocking: Black Teen Unemployment Rate 41.6%

Over 2,000 jobs available for Veterans, Military Families in Washington, D.C.
Jobs
August 13, 2012
By: Stacy Schilling
Three million open jobs in U.S., but who's qualified?
November 11, 2012 1:17 PM
Most guys in the military can get a CDL. But can they afford a truck? And that was not a link.

I didn't ask you to solve the problem. I suggested that you become part of the solution instead of just slinging mud which clearly was your motive for starting this thread. You proved it by not taking up a single option I mentioned, as well as, falling back on the old "us -vs- them" political attack line.

I am trying to do my bid. My interracial grandchildren are the apple of my eye and I'm making sure these kids get a good education not predicated on Progressive ideology.

Teens? Seriously? As in: living at home with parents - teenagers which are not emancipated? I'm a mother of four children seeking a job and can't quite land one - odds are because I'm NOT a teen.

Sorry about your situation. Hopefully your husband is able and capable to support you and your children.

I am trying to do my bid. My interracial grandchildren are the apple of my eye and I'm making sure these kids get a good education not predicated on Progressive ideology.

I'm also trying to do my part to teach my 11 yo biracial daughter how to be more "enterprising". Not that I didn't do the same for my older children who are now adults, but I understand that life will be far different for my youngest child when she reaches adulthood than it is for my older children today. But that doesn't mean that progressive ideals are out of the question. Frankly, I think people have the wrong idea about Progressives. They try to be forward-thinkers. Problem is too many people confuse "Progressive" with "liberalism" which isn't the same. But I'll save that for another thread.

The lack of decent jobs in poor areas is one of the big contributors to systemic black poverty, yes. What's the OP's point, then? That these young men's blackness is the cause of their unemployment? Or are they using the buzzword about "culture" to disguise the racism? What is the reason for pointing this out without offering a real solution?

Lots of mix race kids out there, we are watching our mixed race niece this weekend. 18 months and a ball of fire.

The lack of decent jobs in poor areas is one of the big contributors to systemic black poverty, yes. What's the OP's point, then? That these young men's blackness is the cause of their unemployment? Or are they using the buzzword about "culture" to disguise the racism?

The reason you keep discrediting culture, is because you WANT people to be racists. Does it make you feel better to be able to call others that? Closet guilt, maybe? Deflection of your own secret views, maybe?

It IS about culture. How many rap artists talk about staying in school, and getting a good job? How many gang-bangers have dreams of upper-management, and a clean way of life? How many inner-city girls are taught to keep their legs closed until they graduate college? Why don't you see people in offices wearing their pants down their thighs? Notice I didn't mention color. These questions relate to blacks, whites, asians, hispanics, etc. Sure these questions may apply to blacks the most, but that doesn't mean that they're attached to blacks only. There are plenty of white trash that subscribe to that type of culture as well. They just live in little trailer-park ghettos, instead of inner-city ones.

If you're not going to be honest about culture and racism, then you're part of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom