• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SHOCK POLL: 71% of Dems Say Clinton Should Keep Running Even If Indicted...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Most continue to believe likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is a lawbreaker, but half of all voters also say a felony indictment shouldn’t stop her campaign for the presidency.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 43% of Likely U.S. Voters think Clinton should immediately stop campaigning if she is charged with a felony in connection with her use of a private e-mail server while secretary of State. Fifty percent (50%), however, think she should continue running until a court determines her guilt or innocence.

50% Say Clinton Should Keep Running Even If Indicted - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

No shock to me.....it's Liberalism First...above all else!

Most continue to believe likely Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton is a lawbreaker, but half of all voters also say a felony indictment shouldn’t stop her campaign for the presidency.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 43% of Likely U.S. Voters think Clinton should immediately stop campaigning if she is charged with a felony in connection with her use of a private e-mail server while secretary of State. Fifty percent (50%), however, think she should continue running until a court determines her guilt or innocence.

Yes, it's called innocent until proven guilty. Maybe you've heard of it. It's in the Bill of Rights. As it turns out just because some right wing nut jobs charge her with being a witch that does not in fact mean she has done anything wrong, and until they can prove something in an actual court of law there is no rational reason to punish her for the fact that someone made bull**** accusations against her.

Republicans have been crying wolf about the Clinton's and Hillary specifically for so long that even if you found actual evidence that they did something wrong at this point nobody would believe you anyway or care.

50% Say Clinton Should Keep Running Even If Indicted - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢

You wouldn't want BS running the country, would you? The best solution is she runs, beats Trump and is then removed from office and replaced by some nonentity.

You wouldn't want BS running the country, would you? The best solution is she runs, beats Trump and is then removed from office and replaced by some nonentity.

I'm voting for Clinton, and if she's indicted or found guilty, I'm also hoping for the above scenario because Trump is an obvious liar and a lunatic.

Heck, give me Rubio, Jeb or Kasich instead of a Dem. Just so help us if that page six celebrity Trump gets anywhere near the White House.

Yes, it's called innocent until proven guilty. Maybe you've heard of it. It's in the Bill of Rights. As it turns out just because some right wing nut jobs charge her with being a witch that does not in fact mean she has done anything wrong, and until they can prove something in an actual court of law there is no rational reason to punish her for the fact that someone made bull**** accusations against her.

Republicans have been crying wolf about the Clinton's and Hillary specifically for so long that even if you found actual evidence that they did something wrong at this point nobody would believe you anyway or care.

If this were a Republican being investigated, you'd be going ape**** over it! Get real, Hillary is as dirty as they come....she has years of baggage in the lying and crime department.
I just hope they come up with an indictment and nail her scummy ass to the wall!

I say, Give Trump a Chance. Can't be any worse than what we have now...and most likely ...a lot better.

Some are saying that Obama will pardon her, even preemptively if required, so that the pro-Clinton media can explain it away as 'old news'. I can't see this as being viable for her to still becoming POTUS.

Should the DOJ not file criminal charges against Hillary, the FBI will leak all their investigation documents. This will also make her being POTUS as non-viable.

Now that this apparent inevitability faces Hillary's supporters, they, with their partisan blinders on, say it doesn't matter. :roll:

Has the nation truly sunk this low? That we stopped having a problem with known unethical people becoming POTUS? Really?

I will be looking for you to castigate the Democrats who keep whining about the NRA opposing those on the "terrorist watch list" from having their constitutional rights suspended merely on a suspicion

The GOP cried about Clinton being dishonest from 92 on. Turns out they were right when he was charged with perjury and paid a big settlement. The Clintons are the most corrupt political family in modern history

If this were a Republican being investigated, you'd be going ape**** over it! Get real, Hillary is as dirty as they come....she has years of baggage in the lying and crime department.
I just hope they come up with an indictment and nail her scummy ass to the wall!

I say, Give Trump a Chance. Can't be any worse than what we have now...and most likely ...a lot better.

You are absolutely right about Clinton's credentials. The problem is that she is the lesser evil. Risking a populist in the White House is totally crazy talk. The Republicans have really blown it. IT is worse even than the poison pill they gave McCain (he would have been great) in the shape of that other woman.

cant get any more dishonest than supporting trump

Leftists belong to the party of corruption. Its pretty clear.

If this were a Republican being investigated, you'd be going ape**** over it!
If it were a republican being investigated there's actually a high likelihood that the accusations would be true. However I still would not advocate a Presidential candidate drop out just because someone charged them with some bull**** thing. There's a pretty decent chance that most republican candidates could be charged with some form of tax invasion, particularly Trump. I'm not advocating that they drop out unless something is proven. Hell even now there are lawsuits being filed against Trump for all manor of reasons.

Get real, Hillary is as dirty as they come....she has years of baggage in the lying and crime department.
Yeah, except if there actually was proof of any of this she would have been charged a long long time ago. If they have no problem charging a war hero like General Patraeus I can assure you they would have happily charged Clinton by now as well. The reality is that Republicans have been desperate to try and indict the Clinton's on something for two decades. The fact that they have zero evidence for their ridiculous claims is the only thing that has stopped them.

This is precisely the kind lazy idiotic thinking that has us in the situation we are in today. Rather than educate yourself on what the candidates actually believe voters say to themselves "I don't like the direction of the country, so I'm going to vote out the incumbent." But since they don't bother to actually listen to the horrible things that the challenger is saying he wants to do, you just end up throwing the baby out with the bath water, and actually put much worse candidates in office.

Despite being just 7 years removed from one of the worst economic disasters in history(which happened while a republican was in the white house), we once again have the strongest economy in the entire world. Most countries around the world would kill to have our economy today. Yet we have a million entitled dip****s who seem to think the sky is falling. And your solution to this imaginary problem is to elect the most obvious fascist demagogue since Adolf Hitler improve things. The sheer idiocy of conservatives is just staggering.

No shock to me.....it's Liberalism First...above all else!

So you add the phrase SHOCK POLL, all in caps, to the start of your thread title, and then say it is no shock. Do you even think before you post?

The sheer idiocy of Democrats still willing to vote for Hillary after her long and torrid scandal ridden 30 year history of ethical lapses, corruption, and conflicts of interest is just staggering. Sweep all the under the rug and say that 'it doesn't matter'. Mind blowing.

I will be looking for you to castigate the Democrats who keep whining about the NRA opposing those on the "terrorist watch list" from having their constitutional rights suspended merely on a suspicion.
First, unlike Republicans I have always opposed the Patriot Act and any attempts by the government to expand warrantless searches and unreasonable searches and seizures. However if you have legitimate probable cause to think someone is guilty of a crime to the point where they can be put on a no-fly list then it is only reasonable to prevent them from purchasing a gun until they can be cleared of wrong doing. That is not a violation of anyone's rights that is just common sense. It's fine to have a high bar for probable cause, but if it is met then temporary restrictions are necessary.

The GOP cried about Clinton being dishonest from 92 on. Turns out they were right when he was charged with perjury and paid a big settlement.

LOL!!!!!!

Your calling him dishonest because he didn't want to admit to having an affair? For god sake. Any man in the world would try and cover something like that up. The reality is that despite all the bull**** that Republicans put Bill Clinton through he still oversaw one of the most successful economies in the history of the planet all while turning a deficit into a surplus by the end of his term.

So you add the phrase SHOCK POLL, all in caps, to the start of your thread title, and then say it is no shock. Do you even think before you post?
On top of this, there is a YUGE difference between 50% and 71%

Personally, I think anyone crying the sky is falling if Trump or Clinton take the White House are small minded and easily led on by media hysterics.
They are both dishonest crooks and neither of them are going to do the country any good but neither of them are going to open the ground and unleash hell on Earth either.

When did adults become the least logical people in the country? I blame the invention of football.

Republicans are not crying wolf. The DOJ has stated she didn't follow protocol. Not to mention it doesn't take a genius to know she violated NISP, as the information was obtained on an unsecure server. Right now they are investigating intent. I doubt she intended to do this. She's just a complete moron.

The sheer idiocy of Democrats still willing to vote for Hillary after her long and torrid scandal ridden 30 year history of ethical lapses,
Yet zero evidence to actually prove any of that is true. It's called a big lie. It's where you repeat a claim over and over and over and over again for so long that people just assume there's merit to it even though there is none. Save your breath until you actually have evidence to backup any of your bull****.

Meanwhile you look the other way and ignore the reality that Donald Trump is an obvious demagogue who's filed for multiple bankruptcies and been involved in countless shady business deals that have left parters absolutely ****ed.

Republicans are not crying wolf. The DOJ has stated she didn't follow protocol.
Except neither did any of the last 5 straight secretaries of state including a number of republicans. The reality is Republicans started investigating this Benghazi bull**** over two years ago knowing they'd be running against her in 2016, and desperate to come up with anything they could pin on her. After more than two years of digging the best thing they can come up with is that she wasn't quite as careful with her emails as they would like? That's it?

Not to mention it doesn't take a genius to know she violated NISP, as the information was obtained on an unsecure server. Right now they are investigating intent. I doubt she intended to do this. She's just a complete moron.

As someone who works for a government contractor that sometimes handles classified info I can tell you first hand that the government's policies on this stuff is ridiculous to the point of making your job next to impossible. The problem here is not Hillary Clinton(as was shown her republican predecessors were guilty of the same behavior). The problem is that government policy on information exchange is not effectively keeping up with rapidly changing technology.

Except neither did any of the last 5 straight secretaries of state including a number of republicans. The reality is Republicans started investigating this Benghazi bull**** over two years ago knowing they'd be running against her in 2016, and desperate to come up with anything they could pin on her. After more than two years of digging the best thing they can come up with is that she wasn't quite as careful with her emails as they would like? That's it?

As someone who works for a government contractor that sometimes handles classified info I can tell you first hand that the government's policies on this stuff is ridiculous to the point of making your job next to impossible. The problem here is not Hillary Clinton(as was shown her republican predecessors were guilty of the same behavior). The problem is that government policy on information exchange is not effectively keeping up with rapidly changing technology.

Guy, I work in a SCIF. We have briefings for a reason. So idiots like Hillary don't expose anything that could potentially be classified.

But we get it. She could shoot a puppy in the face in the middle of New Orleans and you'd ask for "more evidence". Useless debate. The NISPOM is clear (you should know that since you claim to have knowledge of how NISP works).

And I love how you say this "Benghazi bull sh*@". Do you also say "That 9/11 bullsh*@"? What an un-American thing to say.

Guy, I work in a SCIF. We have briefings for a reason. So idiots like Hillary don't expose anything that could potentially be classified.
Except you have no evidence that she did anything that led to classified information actually being leaked. Not following best practices is very different than committing a crime.

But we get it. She could shoot a puppy in the face in the middle of New Orleans and you'd ask for "more evidence". Useless debate.
If you have evidence then Charge her. Get a conviction. Let's see it. The reality is you don't. After over two years of pointless investigations you have no proof she did anything above and beyond what the last 5 secretaries of states have openly admitted to doing themselves. Nothing.

The NISPOM is clear (you should know that since you claim to have knowledge of how NISP works).

Just because it's clear doesn't mean it isn't a major and completely unnecessary hassle for the most part. It is actually very common for people to only handle actually classified information via these procedures while using other simpler methods for the rest of the communication. That is precisely what Clinton did. The fact that some of her emails were retroactively classified is not her fault.

At my company we have two wireless networks. One that is official and another that is wide open. Hardly anybody uses the official one unless you need to print something or if you're truly working with some kind of classified document which most of us are not about 99% of the time. The official network is annoying as **** to try and use for most of your normal correspondence.

Yet zero evidence to actually prove any of that is true. It's called a big lie.
A vast right-wing conspiracy? :lamo
It's where you repeat a claim over and over and over and over again for so long that people just assume there's merit to it even though there is none. Save your breath until you actually have evidence to backup any of your bull****.

Meanwhile you look the other way and ignore the reality that Donald Trump is an obvious demagogue who's filed for multiple bankruptcies and been involved in countless shady business deals that have left parters absolutely ****ed.

And the leftist talking points have now all been covered. OK. I think I exactly understand from where you are coming from.

Let's just step through her lies about her email server.

• She set up the server to facilitate the "convenience" of using just one personal device. False.
  • The private, unsecure server "was allowed by the State Department." False.
  • Her emails sent to .gov accounts were all saved in the State Department system. False.
  • She's been forthcoming and helpful in this routine review. False.
  • Any email that "could be connected in any way" to her official duties was turned over. False.
  • Her national security-compromising server was set up for Bill Clinton. False.
  • She didn't email any classified material to anyone. False. "
  • There is no classified material" on the server. Wildly, laughably false -- and yet she's doubling down, nervously laughing off questions about what she'd do if she's indicted.
Video: Let's Count Hillary Clinton's Email Scandal Lies

On the claims that have been made 'Hillary did the same as Colin Powell' - false. The rules were changed and Hillary was not working, should have been complying with, the same set of rules as Powell. So that's a lie about all this as well.

The fact of the matter is that she did send classified materials to and through her email server, and that her email server was attacked in at least 2 hacking attempts, which caused her IT staff to shut down the server for a time.

If you consider Gucifer's statements:

Guccifer said, per a translator, that Clinton’s server was unprotected, and he had total access to the server that “was like an open orchid on the Internet, as many such servers are.”
Hacker Guccifer: Clinton's Server Unprotected, 'Like an Open Orchid' - Breitbart

Hillary's acts threatened national security, potentially placing classified materials in an unclassified storage, and if we are to gauge the seriousness of this from the Petraeus outcome, she by all rights should be criminally charged for her acts.

And then there's Hillary's shady foundation, which is little more than her personal slush fund.
And then there's Hillary's Russian uranium deal, feeding her slush fund, and possibly her selling her SoS office and position.

But by all means. Do please maintain that Hillary's the innocent victim here. I don't think you are going to get any traction with that from any reasonable person. :lamo

And I love how you say this "Benghazi bull sh*@". Do you also say "That 9/11 bullsh*@"? What an un-American thing to say.

You're comparing the death of over 3000 American civilians on American soil, with the death of 4 service members serving in a foreign and some what hostile country.

We have brave men and women serving all over the world in dangerous situations. No matter how careful we are in is inevitable that we cannot protect them all. Yet for some reason republicans don't was years investigating all those incidence just the one that the might be able to use against Hillary Clinton. And despite 2 years of digging they have no smoking gun to show for it. I guarantee you if we spent two years digging into every republican member of congress we would turn up **** that was 10 times worse than anything Clinton has ever been accused of. If you believe otherwise you're delusional.

Back
Top Bottom