• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Shock! Chinese shop sells an alarm clock!

I for one don't understand the point of this, Ms. Franklin.

If you want to create a topic about bullshit, then make it debatable bullshit.

In other news

Shock! I, somehow, passed French III, SHOCK!

Conservative: To attached to their religion to have an open, free mind.

Liberals: Walk around with a stick so far up their asses, the only thing normal is that their sh*t smells like everyone else's.

Moderator Gavel.
:smash:

This thread's off to the basement.

Rant on

/Moderator Gavel.

ahha

Flip and I knew this was destined to the Basement, just a matter of time.

Stupid Thread in my opinion.

Arch Enemy said:
ahha

Flip and I knew this was destined to the Basement, just a matter of time.

Stupid Thread in my opinion.

Typical United Statesian. Too thick to see irony :roll:

What's your deal with "United Statesian"? I honestly don't know what I've done to make you consider me part of that little group. You make a lot of good points in your posts, some of your ideas I respect to the max, but calling someone United Statesian...even if they don't have a problem with Europeans, plus that particular person dislikes their government, just seems wrong.

I believe it's an attempt to mock someone just because they live somewhere else, where they couldn't pick where they wanted to live.

Arch Enemy said:
What's your deal with "United Statesian"? I honestly don't know what I've done to make you consider me part of that little group. You make a lot of good points in your posts, some of your ideas I respect to the max, but calling someone United Statesian...even if they don't have a problem with Europeans, plus that particular person dislikes their government, just seems wrong.

I believe it's an attempt to mock someone just because they live somewhere else, where they couldn't pick where they wanted to live.

Oh lighten up birthday boy!
This is only an internet forum. If you have a life, you don't take it seriously.
I like to make the point that my 'American' friends from Chile, Mexico, Brazil and Guyane often object to their continent being reduced to the US in the description "American." Yes you're American, that's the continent you come from, but it's not your nationality, just as European isn't mine; just as my boyfriend from Senegal is of Senegalese nationality, not African, which refers to his continent. Hence I believe it is wrong to make statements like "we Americans......" unless you're sure you're also speaking for Mexicans, Canadians, Bolivians etc. Sometimes I make my point with a sledgehammer. Perhaps that's a trait I've developed having to make it professionally in a man's world. In any case get over it - it's only the internet, you don't know me and you'll never meet me (fortunately for you).
Me pick on United Statesians? As a nationality I give you a hard time, because of the very high levels of blind belief in your political system, low levels of critical analysis about virtually anything, and yes, collective arrogance on many issues. Of course some of you win my respect (even on this forum!) and let me let you into a little secret: shock, horror, Urethra even has United Statesian friends! Even some from the backwoods of Mississippi - and I love them despite that!
In a nutshell, this old bird is trying to tell you that when you're as ancient as me you'll have learned to read between the lines, take things with a pinch of salt - and chill a little.

Now, I hope you have a fantastic birthday. A big cake, lots of pressies and all the booze you can drink. And I hope your girlfriend's got the nipple blusher on ready. Remember the magic word - condom.

Have a gas.

Ms. Franklin, you're one of the most awkward characters I've seen on this forum, which is why we can do nothing but to adore your stabbing at us Americans. I wasn't as ticked off as it seemed, instead I was confused, I thought by calling us a "United Statesian" you were referring that person to the stereotypical American/ United StateS Resident (USSR ha!). My Birthday was a "blast", I spent most of the time sitting through my step-brothers College Orientation at UNC-A (University North Carolina at Asheville) beautiful place, but boring Orientation.

You forget my dear friend, people under the age of 21 aren't allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, even if they can die for their country. Amazingly, on the night before my birthday, in Asheville, we went to a nice Spanish restaurant where they allowed minors to have wine as long as it's "OK" by the parents. I'm not the person who'd meet up with some friends and get totally "****-Faced" just to set myself as an outgoing person. I do think that drinking ages are stupid, I mean if Europe hasn't killed their selves yet with all the minors drinking alcohol, why do we have to baby ourselves?

Seeing as it was my 16th Birthday, I did go and get my drivers license. Now I can drive my own ass to school and back, as long as I'm not intoxicated.. if I am intoxicated my dad will utterly kick my ass.

Arch Enemy said:
Ms. Franklin, you're one of the most awkward characters I've seen on this forum, which is why we can do nothing but to adore your stabbing at us Americans. I wasn't as ticked off as it seemed, instead I was confused, I thought by calling us a "United Statesian" you were referring that person to the stereotypical American/ United StateS Resident (USSR ha!). My Birthday was a "blast", I spent most of the time sitting through my step-brothers College Orientation at UNC-A (University North Carolina at Asheville) beautiful place, but boring Orientation.

You forget my dear friend, people under the age of 21 aren't allowed to consume alcoholic beverages, even if they can die for their country. Amazingly, on the night before my birthday, in Asheville, we went to a nice Spanish restaurant where they allowed minors to have wine as long as it's "OK" by the parents. I'm not the person who'd meet up with some friends and get totally "****-Faced" just to set myself as an outgoing person. I do think that drinking ages are stupid, I mean if Europe hasn't killed their selves yet with all the minors drinking alcohol, why do we have to baby ourselves?

Seeing as it was my 16th Birthday, I did go and get my drivers license. Now I can drive my own ass to school and back, as long as I'm not intoxicated.. if I am intoxicated my dad will utterly kick my ass.

Spanish food and good wine - sounds heavenly to me.
Glad you're sensible enough to know that drinking and driving never mix.
Yes, in countries like Italy, France and Spain children taste wine at the dinner table from an early age, alcohol is freely available and people tend to have a very sensible attitude towards alcohol as a pleasant experience and social lubricant. In the UK and Scandinavia they have draconian drinking laws, very prohibitive, and the result is a population that drinks to get smashed and that often turns to public disorder/violence. Prohibition is counter productive.
Glad you had fun.

I've always liked Italy, I'm hoping to go there next year. The only restrictions on the tourist trip would be "don't break Italian Laws", everything else if fair game.

Yet, soccer moms usually ruin the experince.

Back
Top Bottom