• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shipbuilder Warns of Layoffs if Biden Doesn’t Buy More Destroyers

Something about the military-industrial complex Ike warned us about

An apt statement made in his parting speech, but he never said the words "military-industrial complex". Regarding the large arms industry, he said "...we recognize the imperative need for this development...We must not fail to comprehend its grave implications we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence…The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist." I think others summating all that to the military-industrial complex was accurate.

so called "long term planning" by the Chinese is vastly overrated and overstated.
It's rather clear your understanding of geopolitics and what's going on in the world is vastly limited.

Not an ultimatum, but a warning that what is in the Pentagons "orders-pipeline" is not enough to retain the current shipbuilding workforce at Bath.
Right-wingers don't want to pay for them anyway with their regime of tax cut economics.

We can always use better infrastructure. And the Labor required to build it.

Of course we don't need more destroyers. But what gets produced under government is decided by politics not the market, and that in a nutshell is the problem. So who has more political pull, the American people, or lobbyists for defense contractors?

Remember this is what people like you want. You want this to be decided by politics and then you complain when the politically powerful get their way.

So, you agree that we don't need more destroyers, but deride people like me not wanting more destroyers. That makes perfect nonsense.

What part of my post are you attempting to refute? What part do you agree with?

Back
Top Bottom