• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shimon Peres to Putin: "The rest of "Russia" is like Nigeria covered with snow"

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
do you agree with mr S. Brin and Shimon Peres on this ? i do ....

Shimon Peres to Putin: "The rest of Russia is like Nigeria covered with snow"

I am very good friends with Putin. And I shall give you, in brief, the content of one of our recent discussions.
I told him, “You’re 63 years old, I’m 93 years old. Tell me, what do you want to achieve in the coming 30 years? What are you fighting for? Are you hoping to **** off America?”
He says, “No.”
“America wants a piece of Russia? No. You have trouble discussing things with Obama?”
He says, “Why do you ask?
I said, “Look, I am not a spy, whatever, tell me.”
He says, “What do you think?”
And I said, “America will win no matter what you do.”
“Why?” he asked.
“Because they are lucky, and you are not.”
I told him more. “When an American wakes up in the morning, what does he see? Mexico in the south, and they accept Mexicans in their country. Canada in the north, they are the best friends in the world. And on the right and on the left, there are fish in the water.
“What does Obama have to worry about? You, you wake up in the morning, whom do you have? Japan, China, Afghanistan? My God! They know that you have plenty of land, and you don’t give them a penny. You have 20 percent of the sweet water, and you give nothing. So when the snow in Siberia melts, the first thing you will see there are Chinese. Because there are plenty of Chinese in the east, and not so many Russians.”
The second thing I told him was: “America has the best proportion between the size of the land and the size of the people. You here have the worst. Twenty million square kilometers. My God. But what you don’t have are people. Your people are dying. Don’t be impressed by the applause and what people are saying. They won’t forgive you. Why do Russians live for only 62 years, while Americans will live 82 years?”
And then I told him: “You behave like a czar.”
I am very open.
I said, “What did the czars do? They developed two cities, St. Petersburg and Moscow, as a showcase. Whatever you want, you will find there. The rest of Russia is like Nigeria covered with snow. Your people are dying. You don’t give them life. You think they’ll forgive you?”
“Why is America great?” I asked him. “Because they were givers. Why is Europe in trouble? Because they are takers. America is giving; people think it’s because they are generous. I think it’s because they are wise. If you give, you create friends. The most beneficial investment is making friends.
“America had the guts to take the Marshall Plan, a huge piece of their GNP that they gave to this dying Europe. And in this way, they have shown that this is the best investment in the world.”
There is no European country that didn’t take an empire. The French and the British, the Portuguese, everybody. And what happened? They were thrown out of there and left with nothing. England, the greatest empire from sunrise to sunset, all the oceans, and the nice, nonviolent Indians threw them out and left them with nothing but three small islands, they don’t know what to do with them.
“Believe me,” I told Putin, “enemies and animosity are the greatest waste in life. You are investing in a foolish thing.”I am very good friends with Putin. And I shall give you, in brief, the content of one of our recent discussions.
I told him, “You’re 63 years old, I’m 93 years old. Tell me, what do you want to achieve in the coming 30 years? What are you fighting for? Are you hoping to **** off America?”
He says, “No.”
“America wants a piece of Russia? No. You have trouble discussing things with Obama?”
“Why?” he asked.

Re: Shimon Peres to Putin: "The rest of "Russia" is like Nigeria covered with snow"

Sergey Brin, Google's American cofounder and "Russian" emigrant, once said that Russia was "Nigeria with snow."

upload_2018-2-26_15-42-33-jpeg.179083

Last edited:
Re: Shimon Peres to Putin: "The rest of "Russia" is like Nigeria covered with snow"

IMG_1154um.jpg

DxIqC1fWoAEa704.jpg

Wow, fascinating conversation if it ever happened.

A lot of people are wondering what Putin's long term game plan is. What does he really want? If Russia can't be the greatest power on Earth, no one else should either?

I think I'm missing the point of this thread.
Is most of Russia a ****-hole? Probably.
And???

I think I'm missing the point of this thread.
Is most of Russia a ****-hole? Probably.
And???

many olgino trolls& useful idiots say that Muscovy under great putler leadership is great place to be. which will destroy USA very soon

many olgino trolls& useful idiots say that Muscovy under great putler leadership is great place to be. which will destroy USA very soon

Well then whoever these olgino trolls are...they ain't to bright...is they now.

Here's an interesting thought for ya...
Who could stand up to an alliance between Russia and the USA?

Here's an interesting thought for ya... Who could stand up to an alliance between Russia and the USA?

I'd much rather not partner with a mafia-run and thoroughly corrupt state.

Well then whoever these olgino trolls are...they ain't to bright...is they now.

Here's an interesting thought for ya...
Who could stand up to an alliance between Russia and the USA?
couple of more impossible alliances , Who could stand up to an alliance between USA and Neptune , Who could stand up to an alliance between USA and Jesus? by the way "power " of Muscovy is badly overrated

world-gdp-updated-f4f4.png

+1, ....

Like...Mexico? You do know why the oligarchs exist don't you?
Russia decided they'd rather have Russian oligarchs than American financiers.
So this is the extent you your argument? Wow...how old are you?

couple of more impossible alliances , Who could stand up to an alliance between USA and Neptune , Who could stand up to an alliance between USA and Jesus? by the way "power " of Muscovy is badly overrated

world-gdp-updated-f4f4.png

I guess I have to ask you the same question. How old are you?

Like...Mexico? You do know why the oligarchs exist don't you?
Russia decided they'd rather have Russian oligarchs than American financiers.
So this is the extent you your argument? Wow...how old are you?

no , like Mexican drug cartels, would you like have an alliance with Sinaloa Cartel?

no , like Mexican drug cartels, would you like have an alliance with Sinaloa Cartel?

Why are you talking about business alliances when I was talking about international alliances?

do you agree with mr S. Brin and Shimon Peres on this ? i do ....

Shimon Peres to Putin: "The rest of Russia is like Nigeria covered with snow"

I am very good friends with Putin. And I shall give you, in brief, the content of one of our recent discussions.
He says, “No.”
“Why?” he asked.
“Because they are lucky, and you are not.”
I told him more. “When an American wakes up in the morning, what does he see? Mexico in the south, and they accept Mexicans in their country. Canada in the north, they are the best friends in the world. And on the right and on the left, there are fish in the water.
“What does Obama have to worry about? You, you wake up in the morning, whom do you have? Japan, China, Afghanistan? My God! They know that you have plenty of land, and you don’t give them a penny. You have 20 percent of the sweet water, and you give nothing. So when the snow in Siberia melts, the first thing you will see there are Chinese. Because there are plenty of Chinese in the east, and not so many Russians.”
The second thing I told him was: “America has the best proportion between the size of the land and the size of the people. You here have the worst. Twenty million square kilometers. My God. But what you don’t have are people. Your people are dying. Don’t be impressed by the applause and what people are saying. They won’t forgive you. Why do Russians live for only 62 years, while Americans will live 82 years?”
And then I told him: “You behave like a czar.”
I am very open.
I said, “What did the czars do? They developed two cities, St. Petersburg and Moscow, as a showcase. Whatever you want, you will find there. The rest of Russia is like Nigeria covered with snow. Your people are dying. You don’t give them life. You think they’ll forgive you?”
“Why is America great?” I asked him. “Because they were givers. Why is Europe in trouble? Because they are takers. America is giving; people think it’s because they are generous. I think it’s because they are wise. If you give, you create friends. The most beneficial investment is making friends.
“America had the guts to take the Marshall Plan, a huge piece of their GNP that they gave to this dying Europe. And in this way, they have shown that this is the best investment in the world.”
There is no European country that didn’t take an empire. The French and the British, the Portuguese, everybody. And what happened? They were thrown out of there and left with nothing. England, the greatest empire from sunrise to sunset, all the oceans, and the nice, nonviolent Indians threw them out and left them with nothing but three small islands, they don’t know what to do with them.
“Believe me,” I told Putin, “enemies and animosity are the greatest waste in life. You are investing in a foolish thing.”I am very good friends with Putin. And I shall give you, in brief, the content of one of our recent discussions.
He says, “No.”
“Why?” he asked.

Your copy/paste selection started repeating itself.
Some editing would have made for a better read.
Still...I gave it a LIKE.
Thank you for the post.

Why are you talking about business alliances when I was talking about international alliances?

you know nothing about cooperative ozero which rules Muscovy , for this gang all international alliances is only business nothing else

"The dacha cooperative Ozero was founded on November 10, 1996[1] by Vladimir Smirnov (head), Vladimir Putin,[3] Vladimir Yakunin, Andrei Fursenko, Sergey Fursenko, Yury Kovalchuk, Viktor Myachin, and Nikolay Shamalov [ru].[4] The society united their dachas in Solovyovka, Priozersky District of Leningrad Oblast, on the eastern shore[a] of Lake Komsomolskoye on the Karelian Isthmus, near Saint Petersburg, Russia.[5][6]

Vladimir Putin returned from his KGB posting in Dresden in early 1990, prior to the formal establishment of the Ozero cooperative, and acquired property on the banks of Lake Komsomolskoye. His dacha burned down in 1996 but was rebuilt later that year.[3] Others bought more land around this area and built a number of villas close to each other to form a gated community.[7] A bank account linked to this cooperative association was opened, allowing money to be deposited and used by all account holders in accordance with the Russian law on cooperatives.[8]

By 2012 members of the Ozero cooperative had assumed top positions in Russian government and business and became very successful financially"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozero

you know nothing about cooperative ozero which rules Muscovy , for this gang all international alliances is only business nothing else

"The dacha cooperative Ozero was founded on November 10, 1996[1] by Vladimir Smirnov (head), Vladimir Putin,[3] Vladimir Yakunin, Andrei Fursenko, Sergey Fursenko, Yury Kovalchuk, Viktor Myachin, and Nikolay Shamalov [ru].[4] The society united their dachas in Solovyovka, Priozersky District of Leningrad Oblast, on the eastern shore[a] of Lake Komsomolskoye on the Karelian Isthmus, near Saint Petersburg, Russia.[5][6]

Vladimir Putin returned from his KGB posting in Dresden in early 1990, prior to the formal establishment of the Ozero cooperative, and acquired property on the banks of Lake Komsomolskoye. His dacha burned down in 1996 but was rebuilt later that year.[3] Others bought more land around this area and built a number of villas close to each other to form a gated community.[7] A bank account linked to this cooperative association was opened, allowing money to be deposited and used by all account holders in accordance with the Russian law on cooperatives.[8]

By 2012 members of the Ozero cooperative had assumed top positions in Russian government and business and became very successful financially"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozero

ooooo scary stuff...:roll:
An alliance between Russia and the USA would be unopposable.
The Cold War is over.
Its the logical thing to do.h

ooooo scary stuff...:roll:
An alliance between Russia and the USA would be unopposable.
The Cold War is over.
Its the logical thing to do.h

so you are ok to making business with cartel ozero, right? whats about other criminal cartels?

so you are ok to making business with cartel ozero, right? whats about other criminal cartels?

Russian cartels, Mexican cartels, Israeli cartels, German cartels...what the hell is the difference?

Russian cartels, Mexican cartels, Israeli cartels, German cartels...what the hell is the difference?

Business cartels can exist anywhere. Ozero only relates to Vladimir Putin.

size and ambitions, + Kremlin cartel ozero has nukes others dont....

Business cartels can exist anywhere. Ozero only relates to Vladimir Putin.

The Clinton Foundation only relates to who?
Really...this is a silly argument.

size and ambitions, + Kremlin cartel ozero has nukes others dont....

But I though someone said Russia isn't such a big fish?

Dude...your post outlines exactly why Russia should be an ally.

Back
Top Bottom