• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sherrod Deserves to be Rehired, AND PAID DAMANGES FROM BREITBART:

again, your fantasies are not fact. how can i be worried about something i don't know happened? YOU certainly can't provide any evidence that anything like that occured.

*gives you more wool to cover your eyes with*

Believe whatever you want, then. but I've never witnessed a racist person *not* let their dislike of said race cloud their actions and judgment. . . you believe that she didn't treat others wrongfully and that belief of yours seems like more of a fantasy to me.

I think you're being thick and callous, hiding behind "24 years ago" in an effort to avoid the truth. The truth being that she admitted to treating people differently because *of* their race - and it likely made things more complicated for them.
(Based on her own words.)

And if the full length video of her speech is out there and you've seen it then by all means - link it.

*gives you more wool to cover your eyes with*

Believe whatever you want, then.

I think you're being thick and callous, hiding behind "24 years ago" in an effort to avoid the truth. The truth being that she admitted to treating people differently because *of* their race - and it likely made things more complicated for them.
(Based on her own words.)

And if the full length video of her speech is out there and you've seen it then by all means - link it.

It's over the top hyperpartisan hysterics on her part. The woman admitted to what is essentially a crime no?

Why should she keep her job, even if it was "24 years ago"?

Speaking of damages, since she did "admit" it shouldnt she and the government be paying damages to those she cheated?

It's over the top hyperpartisan hysterics on her part. The woman admitted to what is essentially a crime no?

Speaking of damages, since she did "admit" it shouldnt she and the government be paying damages to those she cheated?

Yeah - if I fired someone because they were pregnant and it came out 24 years later you bet your ass I'd be in hot **** for it - and rightfully so. . . even if *ever since then* I had continual proof to employ pregnant women :shrug:

Now that the WH has apologized, will Obama be blamed for a double standard? No, not with the liberal press, he won't. But maybe on Fox. Ha!

Rev...easy on the hype there big guy!

Are you going to tell me you have never given a slightly lesser amount of customer service to someone because they came across to you like you were inferior to them? never shorted them some cheese on a taco, or intentionally pumped an extra bit of gas? Hell I remember my sys ad days...people would call us up and the more they treated people like ass tthe less liklihood there was we were going to be able to magically recovery their data.

The woman didnt say "I mistreated all white people" or "I denied him service" even. IF we were to take her at her WORST, she said "I didnt help him as much as I could have because he came across to me like I was his inferior." How is that a crime? And IF it were, it was a crime 24 years ago...pretty sure there are statutes of limitations on poor customer service...and not even poor...reduced, later followed up by MORE customer service. And why should something she did 24 years ago in a DIFFERENT job have ANY bearing on today in a completely different job?

I just simply dont get the insistent outrage.

Are you going to tell me you have never given a slightly lesser amount of customer service to someone because they came across to you like you were inferior to them? never shorted them some cheese on a taco, or intentionally pumped an extra bit of gas? Hell I remember my sys ad days...people would call us up and the more they treated people like ass tthe less liklihood there was we were going to be able to magically recovery their data.

The woman didnt say "I mistreated all white people" or "I denied him service" even. IF we were to take her at her WORST, she said "I didnt help him as much as I could have because he came across to me like I was his inferior." How is that a crime? And IF it were, it was a crime 24 years ago...pretty sure there are statutes of limitations on poor customer service...and not even poor...reduced, later followed up by MORE customer service. And why should something she did 24 years ago in a DIFFERENT job have ANY bearing on today in a completely different job?

I actually don't care either way... I find the crowds reaction far more appalling than this woman of god's admittance to racism in her past... I also find it superficial the outrage shown by some on the left, whom, when dan rather used forged documents white washed it as no big deal....

That's my take. Give the old bat her job back. But to think she should be paid damages? Sure, right after those she "victimized" gets paid by her. [/sarcasm]

Now that the WH has apologized, will Obama be blamed for a double standard? No, not with the liberal press, he won't. But maybe on Fox. Ha!

"He talked about the fact that a disservice had been done, an injustice had happened and, because the facts had changed, a review of the decision based on those facts should be taken"

Yeah man...thats a hell of an apology. I havent seen Obamas words...but i will be stunned if they include the words I ****ED UP...or any variation to the theme. This whole 'something happened and we feel bad about that bull****...thats pretty weak...

and of course Reverand Al...he never fails to deliver...

"Soon after, the Rev. Al Sharpton said black leaders should refrain from calling on the administration to apologize, saying that creates the impression that black leadership is fractured. "We are only greasing the rails for the right wing to run a train through our ambitions and goals for having civil and human rights in this country," Sharpton said."

If she just treated him with less respect and help *because* and *only* because of his attitude - then we wouldn't even BE discussing this.

"I didn't give him the full force of what I could do. I did enough so that when he - I assumed the Dept. of Agriculture sent him to me, either that or the Georgia Dept. of Agriculture - and he needed to go back and report that I did try to help him. So I took him to a white lawyer that had attended some of the training that we provided; because chapter 12 bankruptcy had just been enacted for the family farm. So I figured that if I'd take him to one of them that his own kind would take care of him.

That's when it was revealed to me that it's about the poor VS those who have. And not so much about white - it is about white and black - but it's not. You know, it opened my eyes. Because I took him to one of his own. . . . "

Here she admits that she took his RACE into consideration on how she initially dealt with his case.

If it was just his attitude it wouldn't be a story of how race was put aside to consider financial situation and genuinely helping someone - and we wouldn't be discussing this at all.

I actually don't care either way... I find the crowds reaction far more appalling than this woman of god's admittance to racism in her past... I also find it superficial the outrage shown by some on the left, whom, when dan rather used forged documents white washed it as no big deal....

That's my take. Give the old bat her job back. But to think she should be paid damages? Sure, right after those she "victimized" gets paid by her. [/sarcasm]

Nah...no damages...Id promote her to a different job. And I agree...both sides tend to do a lot of that selective outrage. And I also agree with the comment about the crowd reaction. That is by far the ONLY racist thing I saw in the video.

There is another video out of King Samir whatver his ass is speaking to the New Black Panther party...after being introduced by Dr malik Shabazz ol King Samir Shabazz talks about lovin fightin him some cracka's...now...I can laugh at his ass...he's a clown...a characature...he does himself and his associates more harm than good every time he opes his mouth. But its the 'congregation' that clap and applaud...now THATS the disgrace...

now...there is one reason to point this video out...we saw lots of people posting pictures of the guy with the "niggar" poster...so...where is the outrage about this??? This is the cat that the Obama justice dept 'punished' by getting him to agree not to show up at polling stations with weapons...til the 2012 election...

So...yeah...its probably not going to change anytime soon, is it? damn...

If she just treated him with less respect and help *because* and *only* because of his attitude - then we wouldn't even BE discussing this.

Here she admits that she took his RACE into consideration on how she initially dealt with his case.

If it was just his attitude it wouldn't be a story of how race was put aside to consider financial situation and genuinely helping someone - and we wouldn't be discussing this at all.

OK...aaaaaaand?

This is ONLY a story because the NAACP and Tea Party are at odds. She got caught in their crossfire.

I think this video pretty well says it all. :(

I think this video pretty well says it all. :(

Fox points to Breitbart as a source for the video.
Everyone else points to Fox as a source for the government's knee-jerk firing.

I need to start watching MSNBC so I can run them over every time they **** up - so many people are keeping their critical eyes on Fox they're ignoring everyone else. *that* is actually really annoying the **** out of me.

Fox points to Breitbart as a source for the video.
Everyone else points to Fox as a source for the government's knee-jerk firing.

I need to start watching MSNBC so I can run them over every time they **** up - so many people are keeping their critical eyes on Fox they're ignoring everyone else. *that* is actually really annoying the **** out of me.

One would think that a competent news service would have checked out the source, before running their mouths off wouldn’t you?

Of course saying the words competent news services, and fox in the same sentence should be a punishable offence. misdemeanor …whatever. :(

One would think that a competent news service would have checked out the source, before running their mouths off wouldn’t you?

Of course saying the words competent news services, and fox in the same sentence should be a punishable offence. misdemeanor …whatever. :(

Dan rather.

:failpail:

LOL - as if the government checked out their source that they depended on to FIRE someone? I thought that Fox was suppose to be a worthless, meaningless, miniscule news station that didn't even earn it's place in the press pool?

But suddenly Fox is important? Suddenly everyone's watching them? I think this prooves that Fox is actually a solid alternative news source to the brown nosers elsewhere. And everyone else is trying to use this issue as yet another opportunity to go "what's that over there!" while they set the barn on fire.

What else is going on right now that *no one* is talking about?

Of course MSNBC's sole purpose, instead of reporting on news at this moment, is to accuse Fox of being racist in this situation - while they buddy up with minorities because they're gauranteed votes and parade blacks and women around like they're prizes won post game action.

LOL - as if the government checked out their source that they depended on to FIRE someone? I thought that Fox was suppose to be a worthless, meaningless, miniscule news station that didn't even earn it's place in the press pool?

But suddenly Fox is important? Suddenly everyone's watching them? I think this prooves that Fox is actually a solid alternative news source to the brown nosers elsewhere. And everyone else is trying to use this issue as yet another opportunity to go "what's that over there!" while they set the barn on fire.

What else is going on right now that *no one* is talking about?

Of course MSNBC's sole purpose, instead of reporting on news at this moment, is to accuse Fox of being racist in this situation - while they buddy up with minorities because they're gauranteed votes and parade blacks and women around like they're prizes won post game action.

wow, that's saome pretty wild rhetoric. and completely unfounded.

wow, that's saome pretty wild rhetoric. and completely unfounded.

The government admits that their knee-jerk reaction was done so without having all the facts and knowing the whole story (everyone admitted to this, in fact).

So - since I don't actually engage myself with 24/7 news (but my husbands does - thus - it *is* on in the house) I decided that I'd spend a little bit of time watching MSNBC to see what they were saying (because if Fox bashes a station - it's MSNBC, no one else - they're mortal enemies)

I watched some MSNBC and I saw: accusations of racism over phrases having been spoken (like the phrase "breaking in") and actions taken in this situation directed towards Fox. Accusations that Fox et al need to be taken off the air (this has been their war cry for almost two years, now).

The same fear mongering and dramatics that everyone hates Beck for - I saw come from ED and others. The SAME stuff - angry, yelling, fervent and rabid with their beliefs - casting out offenses and insults and running the opposition into the ground.

So right now my only thought on this is that everyone is so willing to fester on the drama (I said "What else is going on right now that *no one* is talking about?" - in reference to EVERYONE) because this entire situation from *everyone* is now just another reason to bash each other around. Nevermind the REAL news that Fox could have dedicated their time to. Nevermind the REAL news that MSNBC could be reporting on - nevermind LIFE that happened. They saw a chance to stir the pot and stir they did - wow, aren't they all so proud?

I swear I think they secretly love eachother - because I always hear from Fox that "MSNBC is horrible!" and from MSNBC I always hear that "FOX is horrible!" :shrug: They find faults in eachother that htey themselves emulate - it's ****ing stupid.

See - this is why I don't actually *watch* 24/7 news (as in - when my husband watches I bide my time with something else) - it's all CRAP for RATINGS and the way they dealt with this situation just PROVES my feelings on this issue. . . and so I'm stepping away from the Station-bickering and lover's-quarrel, I feel horrible that Sherrod, though admittedly a racist in the past, got hung up on some news station and partisan butt ****ing.

Last edited:
**** right wing media.
Wait....

The children in The Obama's adminstration overrreact to a story that they did not bother to check out -- even thought it was from a source that they, themselves, say is against them -- and the fault here lies with the media?

That's rich. Is there ANYTHING you hold The Obama's administration accountable for?

All of this nonsense is just another example of the petulant nature of The Obama's administration.

Wait....

The children in The Obama's adminstration overrreact to a story that they did not bother to check out -- even thought it was from a source that they, themselves, say is against them -- and the fault here lies with the media?

That's rich. Is there ANYTHING you hold The Obama's administration accountable for?

All of this nonsense is just another example of the petulant nature of The Obama's administration.

in case you hadn't noticed, i do hold the obama admin responsible.

Well, guess what? You're being taken for a ride again, because you're taking all the hype at face value without bothering to check for yourself. This wasn't Fox News's fault. In the timeline of events, even the one compiled by Media Matters, they didn't mention it at all in their broadcasts until after Sherrod was fired. The most they did was reference the Breitbart story on their website.

Also, Breitbart said from the beginning, with his original post, that Sherrod was telling a story about redemption, whereas most (uninformed) lefty-type commentators are saying he left it out. Not so. His intent, borne out by the record of what happened, was to attack the NAACP as a whole, not Sherrod herself.

The condemnation of Sherrod from the NAACP is likely what did her in from the White House's POV. The NAACP says now it was "snookered" by Fox News and Breitbart, which is preposterous, given that Fox News had little to do with it at all, and that they had the unedited tape in their possession the whole time.

The blame for Sherrod's firing lies squarely with the White House and the NAACP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom