• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sherrod Deserves to be Rehired, AND PAID DAMANGES FROM BREITBART:

After reading more about what Sherrod actually said, I don't think her comments in March were meant to be racist, and were intended to be a life lesson, as she's said.

That being said, if anyone is to blame for her firing, and should face any kind of penalty, it's the Department of Agriculture. The decision to force her to resign came from them, and if they based that decision on incomplete information, and especially without even talking to her first, then shame on them. It's the duty of her superiors to investigate any accusations, and they completely fell down carrying out that responsibility.

Speaking of being paid damanges:

What about all the white people she, also, treated unfairly - aside form this one white farmer?
surely there are others who were given the cold shoulder, run around and wrongful lack of action.

What about their rights?
What about their need for assistance and help?
What about their damages?

How were their lives ****ed over (30, 25, 20) years ago because of her thoughts and actions? How many families asked for help and, also, didn't receive "the full strength" and suffered because of it?

Not just her racism - but everyone else's, too. She definitely isn't the only one. Shes' just the only one who admitted to it.
What about them?

How is it remotely tolerable, now, to *be* racist (past or present) - when in the actions of *being* racist you screw over countless others?

What about the VICTIMS - rather than the perpetrators?
Victims of racism and prejudice are the reason why we have affirmative actions and a list of things that CANNOT be considered when determining employment.

Last edited:
yesterday, i did not realize that the event sherrod spoke of was 24 years ago......,and that she was relating the story only to speak about what she learned from it. additionally, she is friends with the woman who had the farm, and that woman thinks it's a disgrace that sherrod has been crucified.

**** right wing media.

If Breitbart is to pay damages, then every Republican that was wronged by the leftist news media, should also receive damage payments from all the major news networks as well. We want equal rights for all you know, not just the "wronged" Democrats.

Wouldn't it be the obama admin who would be liable for any supposed damages?

yesterday, i did not realize that the event sherrod spoke of was 24 years ago......,and that she was relating the story only to speak about what she learned from it. additionally, she is friends with the woman who had the farm, and that woman thinks it's a disgrace that sherrod has been crucified.

**** right wing media.

I agree, Shirley Sherrod should be reinstated.

I must say that if she wronged one white farmer, she wronged countless others. The fact that she EVER made a decision based on race just means she should have been fired 24 years ago.

Better late than never I suppose.

How many people would care that a child molester moved in next door and his crime was 24 years ago? You would look at him as a pervert, and will for the rest of his life. If he is his past forever, so is she.

*BTW, I think people can change but shouldn't be in places of power based on past behavior. For example, I don't think that child molester should ever be able to work at McDonalds again, no matter what. Not because he can't be trusted, but because of something bad that could happen to him just by an accusation. With a past like that, nobody would believe him so he shouldn't put himself in a place where an accusation could come about. Just like I don't think that woman should ever have been allowed to keep that job making decisions as important as that because she screwed someone over because they were white. You reap what you sow, honey. Don't complain to me.

Last edited:
Speaking of being paid damanges:

What about all the white people she, also, treated unfairly - aside form this one white farmer?
surely there are others who were given the cold shoulder, run around and wrongful lack of action.

What about their rights?
What about their need for assistance and help?
What about their damages?

How were their lives ****ed over (30, 25, 20) years ago because of her thoughts and actions? How many families asked for help and, also, didn't receive "the full strength" and suffered because of it?

Not just her racism - but everyone else's, too. She definitely isn't the only one. Shes' just the only one who admitted to it.
What about them?

How is it remotely tolerable, now, to *be* racist (past or present) - when in the actions of *being* racist you screw over countless others?

What about the VICTIMS - rather than the perpetrators?
Victims of racism and prejudice are the reason why we have affirmative actions and a list of things that CANNOT be considered when determining employment.

funny..and this has been stated before: the woman who owned the farm IS her friend, and believes she's been unfairly accused. i hope you hold everybody to the same standards you hold her to.......and btw, perhaps you should come up with some proof of how many people she screwed, 24 years ago.

liblady,

were you this upset with dan rather and the forged documents? :ssst:

funny..and this has been stated before: the woman who owned the farm IS her friend, and believes she's been unfairly accused. i hope you hold everybody to the same standards you hold her to.......and btw, perhaps you should come up with some proof of how many people she screwed, 24 years ago.

Oh sure - someone's who *was* racist and admits it affected her thought process *while* she was working a previous job - yeah - she couldn't have *possibly* cast her crap on someone else, too. As if racism is a personal issue like someone's dislike of brocolli and doesn't EVER affect other people in your entire life. *sarcasm*

Why don't you PROVE that *before this one account changed her views* - prove to me she didn't mistreat and act wrongfully out of racism and prejudice to others.

If this issue that she's under fire for *changed* her mind - then how was she before it changed her mind?

I might be wrong - but I think I'm actually correct in presuming that someone - or many - got the cold shoulder and little help because of their race. They were just passed offf to one of "their own" because THAT'S HOW RACIST PEOPLE THINK AND ACT.

Oh sure - someone's who *was* racist and admits it affected her thought process *while* she was working a previous job - yeah - she couldn't have *possibly* cast her crap on someone else, too. As if racism is a personal issue like someone's dislike of brocolli and doesn't EVER affect other people in your entire life. *sarcasm*

Why don't you PROVE that *before this one account changed her views* - prove to me she didn't mistreat and act wrongfully out of racism and prejudice to others.

If this issue that she's under fire for *changed* her mind - then how was she before it changed her mind?

I might be wrong - but I think I'm actually correct in presuming that someone - or many - got the cold shoulder and little help because of their race. They were just passed offf to one of "their own" because THAT'S HOW RACIST PEOPLE THINK AND ACT.

i'm sorry, why would i have to prove ANYTHING to you? YOU'RE the one who is making suppositions. why don't YOU prove your accusations. good lord. how can you prove a negative? and again, you discount what the so called victim says about her now. they are friends, why are you choosing to ignore that?

i'm sorry, why would i have to prove ANYTHING to you? YOU'RE the one who is making suppositions. why don't YOU prove your accusations. good lord. how can you prove a negative? and again, you discount what the so called victim says about her now. they are friends, why are you choosing to ignore that?

You're trying to ignore the fact that she DID treat people differently because of their race.

You're feeling sorry for *her* because it came back to bite her in the ass.

I'm feeling sorry for those unfortunate enough to reap the "benefits" of her racism.

You're trying to ignore the fact that she DID treat people differently because of their race.

You're feeling sorry for *her* because it came back to bite her in the ass.

I'm feeling sorry for those unfortunate enough to reap the "benefits" of her racism.

you have no clue what she did or didn't do...and if you read the rest of the story, you would see that she went above and beyond to help those people....but for some reason you refuse to acknowledge that FACT. i thought you were better than that.

liblady,

were you this upset with dan rather and the forged documents? :ssst:

Inquiring minds want to know.

watchingu.gif

you have no clue what she did or didn't do...and if you read the rest of the story, you would see that she went above and beyond to help those people....but for some reason you refuse to acknowledge that FACT. i thought you were better than that.

No - I'm not ignoring the fact that she did help these people in the end. . . .my awareness of what *the situation* is - is changing as new tidbits are made known to everyone - I still would like to hear her whole speech if Breitfart would release the damn thing.

But - my point that I'm making at this moment is that SHE SAYS she was racist. . . obviously yes or else we wouldn't have a story at all. . . .THEN she changed her mind/ways - and THIS is the story we're hearing about and discussing.

I'm considering what happened *before* she changed. . . how many people were swept up into her racist-firestorm?

I don't think we could ever figure that out, actually - but it's foolish to assume that a racist person never would treated anyone differently. If she didn't treat anyone differently then she wouldn't have *been* racist.

No - I'm not ignoring the fact that she did help these people in the end. . . .my awareness of what *the situation* is - is changing as new tidbits are made known to everyone - I still would like to hear her whole speech if Breitfart would release the damn thing.

But - my point that I'm making at this moment is that SHE SAYS she was racist. . . obviously yes or else we wouldn't have a story at all. . . .THEN she changed her mind/ways - and THIS is the story we're hearing about and discussing.

I'm considering what happened *before* she changed. . . how many people were swept up into her racist-firestorm?

I don't think we could ever figure that out, actually - but it's foolish to assume that a racist person never would treated anyone differently. If she didn't treat anyone differently then she wouldn't have *been* racist.

the entire speech is all over the internet for anyone to see. you should watch it or read it before you comment further.

the entire speech is all over the internet for anyone to see. you should watch it or read it before you comment further.

Please - point me in it's direction.

I'm still finding the chopped portion - I would watch the whole thing if it's out there.

Why does this piss you off so much, Lib?

Why aren't you more concerned over the people she's possibly thrown under the bus in the past (you know - before she 'changed' and stopped being 'racist)?

You're *so* concerned about *her* livelihood - what about everyone else's?

Yeah - so maybe she truly changed, deeply . . . but does that make her past wrongs *ok* ??? Is it ever ok to victimize others and treat them poorly?

Only *she* knows if she treated others wrongfully - only *she* can figure that out and make good on past wrongs.

Last edited:
It's a far cry from several threads and selective outrage you have shown here. :shrug:

rev, you have no idea if it's selective or not. you don't know my feelings on rather, and it's not relevant to what happened to sherrod. now, do you think she was unfairly depicted?

Sherrod Deserves to be Rehired, AND PAID DAMANGES FROM BREITBART

I agree to the first half and disagree with the second. She was wrongfully forced to resign, but not by Breitbart. He committed no crime and should pay no damages. Last time I checked, there was still freedom of the press in this country. The responsibility for what the higher ups in the USDA (and probably higher than that) prematurely or shortsightedly chose to do with that information-- force Sherrod to resign, in this case-- rests squarely on the shoulders of the USDA.

Last edited:
Why does this piss you off so much, Lib?

Why aren't you more concerned over the people she's possibly thrown under the bus in the past (you know - before she 'changed' and stopped being 'racist)?

again, your fantasies are not fact. how can i be worried about something i don't know happened? YOU certainly can't provide any evidence that anything like that occured.

rev, you have no idea if it's selective or not. you don't know my feelings on rather, and it's not relevant to what happened to sherrod. now, do you think she was unfairly depicted?

how many threads did you start on this topic? how many did you start defending bush against rather.

honestly.... :ssst:

Back
Top Bottom