• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sherrod Deserves to be Rehired, AND PAID DAMANGES FROM BREITBART:

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
yesterday, i did not realize that the event sherrod spoke of was 24 years ago......,and that she was relating the story only to speak about what she learned from it. additionally, she is friends with the woman who had the farm, and that woman thinks it's a disgrace that sherrod has been crucified.

**** right wing media.

It's the medias fault?
Since when should someone's employment be challenged by what is discussed in the *media* ??? I thought, when hiring and firing, there should be an extensive investigation and research put into *any* decision made rather than what's reported and discussed ???

This is another example of how the administration just JUMPS the gun and makes a decision without actually researching all the facts, first - it's no one's fault but their own. They fired her, assessed the situation, and maintained their stance.

According to them it's not really about "if she's *right now* a racist" - it's more than that.

So - be angry at the President and everyone else on *her* side who ran her undies up the flagpole.

Funny how the one loathed media-source is shunned and hated and constantly berated and not taken seriously - but then *blamed* when some liberal's ass is in the hot seat.

Last edited:
yesterday, i did not realize that the event sherrod spoke of was 24 years ago......,and that she was relating the story only to speak about what she learned from it. additionally, she is friends with the woman who had the farm, and that woman thinks it's a disgrace that sherrod has been crucified.

**** right wing media.

Huh? THE WHITE HOUSE forced her to resign. "Right wing media" said she shouldn't have been fired.

It's the medias fault?
Since when should someone's employment be challenged by what is discussed in the *media* ??? I thought, when hiring and firing, there should be an extensive investigation and research put into *any* decision made rather than what's reported and discussed ???

This is another example of how the administration just JUMPS the gun and makes a decision without actually researching all the facts, first - it's no one's fault but their own. They fired her, assessed the situation, and maintained their stance.

According to them it's not really about "if she's *right now* a racist" - it's more than that.

So - be angry at the President and everyone else on *her* side who ran her undies up the flagpole.

Funny how the one loathed media-source is shunned and hated and constantly berated and not taken seriously - but then *blamed* when some liberal's ass is in the hot seat.

the media should tell the entire story, and not selectively edit to portray something in a bad light. i AM angry at obama, and angry at myself because i reacted without having the whole story. and yes, **** the ****ing right wing media. and the left, if they do something like this.

Oh - and
24 years ago.

Time is suddenly distance? People can suddenly change?

Tell that to liberals who hate Palin because she was in a beauty pageant and made piss poor grades in college. . .or to Conservatives who still hate Clinton because he banged Monica in the mighty Oval.

Huh? THE WHITE HOUSE forced her to resign. "Right wing media" said she shouldn't have been fired.

right wing media portrayed her in a light that was entirely untrue. and yes, obama is to blame for this too.

the media should tell the entire story, and not selectively edit to portray something in a bad light. i AM angry at obama, and angry at myself because i reacted without having the whole story. and yes, **** the ****ing right wing media. and the left, if they do something like this.

Funny how you didn't say **** Obama....

They didn't selectively edit to portray a false story.

Breitbart only released this section of the video - yes, Fox is only showing a truncated portion (as was discussed elsewhere) but *viewing the entire video* will be necessary to give her reprieve. . .Breitbart has contrived this, the Administration Knee-Jerked as usual.

Oh - and

Time is suddenly distance? People can suddenly change?

Tell that to liberals who hate Palin because she was in a beauty pageant and made piss poor grades in college. . .or to Conservatives who still hate Clinton because he banged Monica in the mighty Oval.

um.....did i mention that sherrod was relating that story simply to convey how that episode HAD changed her? and that she is FRIENDS with the woman who had the farm? of course, THAT was never mentioned in breitbart's story, was it? so yes, she is PROOF people can change. by YOUR estimation, bush was still a freaking drunk, right?

and i don't hate palin, i think she a ****ing idiot.

They didn't selectively edit to portray a false story.

Breitbart only released this section of the video - yes, Fox is only showing a truncated portion (as was discussed elsewhere) but *viewing the entire video* will be necessary to give her reprieve. . .Breitbart has contrived this, the Administration Knee-Jerked as usual.

oh yes they godamn well did.

and btw, if breitbart CONTRIVED this, they are to blame.

I'm not partisan - I favor neither of the two parties.

What I see, here, is BOTH sides taking this opportunity to **** each other over - and neither side is attempting to be 'fair and balanced' or 'research and investigate before they act'

It's actually just another flagstone in a long path of 'I hate you' . . . 'no, I hate you more' screw overs - Everyone chomping at the bit to run each other into the ground.

In the end - everyone's looking like a piece of a ass and not in a good way.

She was treated unfairly....so that's what the news is. Had she not been immediately fired, the news would be, "Obama backs racist." Can anyone deny that? Stop confusing people with the facts.

Sherrod was operating in her own little insulated world. In my opinion, she should have known better than to tell this story on herself in a public forum. Hopefully, she's eligible for a full pension. Very poor judgement.

The audience seemed to enjoy her story.

You know - there are countless other examples of people who were wrongfully departed from their job. . . anyone kicked out of the military because of DADT is a key example.

Will they be getting their jobs back and compensation?

You know - there are countless other examples of people who were wrongfully departed from their job. . . anyone kicked out of the military because of DADT is a key example.

that is not relevant to this discussion.

Good point.

She was treated unfairly....so that's what the news is. Had she not been immediately fired, the news would be, "Obama backs racist." Can anyone deny that? Stop confusing people with the facts.

Sherrod was operating in her own little insulated world. In my opinion, she should have known better than to tell this story on herself in a public forum. Hopefully, she's eligible for a full pension. Very poor judgement.

i disagree. she was telling that story for a specific, wonderful, purpose. she's clearly NOT a racist.

Makes no difference whether she's a racist now or not. She was then. She should have known better. Poor judgement is grounds for dismissal....especially on such a sensitive subject.

What if the had been white?

I use 'learned lesson' anecdotes all the time. They are perhaps THE single most effective way of reaching an audience...especially aidiences in which we have things in common. We connect...we discuss similarities, we discuss our shared experiences, and then we offer changed perspectives. The audience doesnt have to experience things themselves to have the opportunity to grow...they can allow themselves to be inspired by others. I think she did the same thing MANY speakers do.

I wish she had stood up for herself. I wish she had stood against the right media outlets that were attacking her AND the left (oh yes...CNN was right there with Breitbart...point of fact...I think Fox News had her on telling her side of the story before CNN did) AND the White House AND the NAACP. I wish she had insisted they view the whole tape and then if they still wanted her to resign she would. That would have been one of those 'teachable moments' ("good moment! Way to be teachable!" :roll:).

Personally, I hope the USDA, the President, and every media outlet who simply jumped on the bandwagon (even if they changed their tune later) publicly and sincerely apologizes.

I also hope Sherrod tells them all piss up a rope and finds other work.

Back
Top Bottom