• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sherriff fundraisers are starting to threaten me.

Guyzilla

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I get maybe three calls a week, sometimes multiple times a day. They ask for a random name, and when I say he does not live here, they start their schpeel.

In the past, I said I did not want to contribute, and the fundraiser said, do you feel safe, with the cops knowing where you live?

Now, I called their operation, and registered to have them take me off the list. They did not. They just kept saying frank, joe and steve etc.

This has gone on for many months. They just upped the ante. They have done some investigation, and this time, I answered the phone, and the idiot said my name. I answered yes, and he went into his schpeel. They have found out my name, and likely have many other details about me. I have told every person that called, to stop. I will now have to start my own investigation, to sue them, and, to make sure this is on record, so cops dont show up and DO me.

Some of you know I have already been raided by cops, for stopping a corruption scheme. I was helped in this, by Kamala Harris. I dont feel safe, with threats from cop fundraisers. I dont feel safe, with cop fundraisers investigating me.

I feel I could be a target. As I already have been. Does anyone know the process I can undergo, to find who owns and operates this scam operation? I could sue them into the dirt, for harrassment.

Getting a recording of one of these calls would be a good start, if you live in a one party consent state.

I get maybe three calls a week, sometimes multiple times a day. They ask for a random name, and when I say he does not live here, they start their schpeel.

In the past, I said I did not want to contribute, and the fundraiser said, do you feel safe, with the cops knowing where you live?

Now, I called their operation, and registered to have them take me off the list. They did not. They just kept saying frank, joe and steve etc.

This has gone on for many months. They just upped the ante. They have done some investigation, and this time, I answered the phone, and the idiot said my name. I answered yes, and he went into his schpeel. They have found out my name, and likely have many other details about me. I have told every person that called, to stop. I will now have to start my own investigation, to sue them, and, to make sure this is on record, so cops dont show up and DO me.

Some of you know I have already been raided by cops, for stopping a corruption scheme. I was helped in this, by Kamala Harris. I dont feel safe, with threats from cop fundraisers. I dont feel safe, with cop fundraisers investigating me.

I feel I could be a target. As I already have been. Does anyone know the process I can undergo, to find who owns and operates this scam operation? I could sue them into the dirt, for harrassment.

If Kamala Harris was involved, I am surprised you weren't prosecuted for refusing to donate. Get rid of your land line, block every number you don't know that comes up on your cell and problem solved.

If Kamala Harris was involved, I am surprised you weren't prosecuted for refusing to donate. Get rid of your land line, block every number you don't know that comes up on your cell and problem solved.
Different matter. So, run from crooks? I dont play that way. I destroy them.

Besides, they already have my name, likely my address, my God knows what. There is no hiding.

Different matter. So, run from crooks? I dont play that way. I destroy them.

You won't win. If you ever give to them, they will call you back the same day on behalf of firemen. They are paid solicitors who keep most all of the money to pay themselves yet are not subject to the do not call registry restrictions as agents of a charity/non-profit.

You won't win. If you ever give to them, they will call you back the same day on behalf of firemen. They are paid solicitors who keep most all of the money to pay themselves yet are not subject to the do not call registry restrictions as agents of a charity/non-profit.
If they are harrassing folks, they can be sued.

If they are harrassing folks, they can be sued.

Good luck with that. You should totally make a donation so it shows up on your credit card. That'll tell you who they are.

ROLF! It is funny that you fall for this. They're not the Sheriff's Department fund raiser. They are just a scam organization and definitely at least scammed you into believing they are real. Since you are stupid enough to even talk to them, next time ask them to tell you where you live. They won't know - unless they successfully scammed you in the past to give them money. They call you because you give them fun play accepting they are real. That makes you fun to mess with.

I get those calls every week myself and instantly just hang up - no different than ID theft calls saying they are selling auto warranties, medical coverage, auto insurance and any other lies to try to get your bank/credit card info. Unlike you, I'm not fooled and just wordlessly hang up within 3 seconds. But not YOU. YOU KNOW they are real because they said so. Then again, I've learned most Democrats are extremely gullible and easily punked and chumped.

Why don't you pick up your private hotline to Kamala Harris. She'll save you from the evil Sheriff's fundraisers. Obviously they are acting in conjunction with Putin and the KKK against you. I'd check under your bed every night if I were you. Fortunately, I'm not anything like you. LOL

Good luck with that. You should totally make a donation so it shows up on your credit card. That'll tell you who they are.

And his bank account number and routing number, plus his full legal name, social security number and date of birth. ROFL

And his bank account number and routing number, plus his full legal name, social security number and date of birth. ROFL

You assume they don't have most of that information already.

ROLF! It is funny that you fall for this. They're not the Sheriff's Department fund raiser. They are just a scam organization and definitely at least scammed you into believing they are real. Since you are stupid enough to even talk to them, next time ask them to tell you where you live. They won't know - unless they successfully scammed you in the past to give them money. They call you because you give them fun play accepting they are real. That makes you fun to mess with.

I get those calls every week myself and instantly just hang up - no different than ID theft calls saying they are selling auto warranties, medical coverage, auto insurance and any other lies to try to get your bank/credit card info. Unlike you, I'm not fooled and just wordlessly hang up within 3 seconds. But not YOU. YOU KNOW they are real because they said so. Then again, I've learned most Democrats are extremely gullible and easily punked and chumped.

Why don't you pick up your private hotline to Kamala Harris. She'll save you from the evil Sheriff's fundraisers. Obviously they are acting in conjunction with Putin and the KKK against you. I'd check under your bed every night if I were you. Fortunately, I'm not anything like you. LOL
I never talked to them, never gave money, never gave my name. I only told them to **** off. Crooks dont have time for fun. They only are interested in the money. They ran my number, to get my name. And whatever else.

Just called phone co. and had phone number blocked. Well see how that works.

"Police" fundraisers are one of the biggest scams. They probably are not involved with the police at all. Is it the same number? You can block the number.

Cool story.

Fiction or Suspense?

Play some N.W.A. into the phone?

I use my huge collection of cuss words in the case of a real person on the line, while yelling at the top of my lungs. Those that have experienced that do not call back.
Guns are the best way to insure that the police don't do you. Grenades are helpful if you can get them. It sounds like they have marked you. Intimidate those that seek to intimidate you, and be willing to fire at will.

It sounds like tough guys over the phone, that are easily frightened. You'd be surprised how easy it is to scare them.

They call me quite a bit, as soon as I know they are asking for donations for cops, I say 'not interested' and hang up on them. Other than any of the spam calls I get, they are not specifically harassing me personally.

That is not necessarily true,. Some businesses hide who they really are for credit card sales, like X rated businesses.

The best option is just to request their fundraising percentage. By law (at least in CA) they are required to tell you what percentage of funds raised are given to the charity represented. I just keep answering..."Send me the % you donate to ___." They never do, often keeping 85% of raised funds for themselves. I wouldn't be worried about your safety, more likely telemarketers entertaining themselves at your expense.

It is possible it is all a scam to get your credit card info. I have received phone calls like you have with some person claiming they are with XXX law enforcement and looking for donations. I basically hang up on them and then block the number.

My suggestion is get in contact with your State AG (Office) for advice. You need to be able to get the callers name, phone number and if they are a law enforcement person the badge number.

It is possible it is all a scam to get your credit card info. I have received phone calls like you have with some person claiming they are with XXX law enforcement and looking for donations. I basically hang up on them and then block the number.

My suggestion is get in contact with your State AG (Office) for advice. You need to be able to get the callers name, phone number and if they are a law enforcement person the badge number.
A few years ago, I was called by Law enforcement fundraiser. I said no. He said, are you SURE you feel safe, with the cops KNOWINg where you live?

A few years ago, I was called by Law enforcement fundraiser. I said no. He said, are you SURE you feel safe, with the cops KNOWINg where you live?
That sounds like what a scammer would say. I would have asked for his name and badge number. If he the person says he is just a volunteer, I would ask for the supervisor and what police department are they working at/for. Then basically hang up.

Are you sure this was a law enforcement fundraiser? What evidence do you have that he was who he said he was?

Are you sure this was a law enforcement fundraiser? What evidence do you have that he was who he said he was?
No, in fact, I braved a phone call to the sherrifs. They said they NEVER fundraise over the phone.

No, in fact, I braved a phone call to the sherrifs. They said they NEVER fundraise over the phone.
True, I meant to stop by and tell you they are frauds. Make sure they get the phone numbers these calls are coming from, they Love going after this criminals.

Reactions: lwf
Back
Top Bottom