• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sheriff said he wouldn't respond to calls at county's library, after it expressed support for BLM

Michael Johnson

Libturd Destroyer
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Hell's Kitchen - Where I cook Lying Libs for break
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
A Nevada sheriff told a local library system not to bother calling 911 after it expressed support for the Black Lives Matter movement.

That message came from Douglas County Sheriff Dan Coverley this week, a day before the county's public library system was set to discuss a proposed diversity statement that mentions they "support #BlackLivesMatter."

"Due to your support of Black Lives Matter and the obvious lack of support or trust with the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, please do not feel the need to call 911 for help," the sheriff wrote in a public letter to the library system Monday. "I wish you good luck with disturbances and lewd behavior, since those are just some of the recent calls my office has assisted you with in the past."

Coverley's letter called the death of George Floyd, who died in Minneapolis police custody in May, "tragic and preventable," but then said "data simply does not support claims that law enforcement is systemically racist or structurally biased."

He was right about that! The data simply says otherwise, consider black on black crime is slated to be a record year in Chiraq, alone! And riots were started by Antifa and marxist BLM!

Good! They want to slash budgets in half? Assign barefoot Whole Foods SJW therapists to violent calls? **** em. Let them suffer.

This sheriff said he wouldn't respond to calls at the county's library, after it expressed support for BLM - CNN

In all honesty, that was rather unprofessional of him to do so.

Must be nice to have a job where you are your own boss, being able to selectively perform duties and chores and still get paid.

;)

Good example of why there is a problem in the first place, police merely doing as they please.

This guy should be terminated immediately. Cops do not get to use the power of their office to punish people they don't like politically. Can a Trump supporter really claim that if a group of cops said they'd never help Trump supporters being attacked they'd be OK with it?

Must be nice to have a job where you are your own boss, being able to selectively perform duties and chores and still get paid.

;)

Good example of why there is a problem in the first place, police merely doing as they please.

The same can be said about a plethora of city and state leaders across the country, such as the Mayor of Portland and his ilk.

btw, craven public servants should know from current events that kowtowing to Antifa/BLM doesn't give you a pass. In fact, the Mayor of Olympia WA found that out when her property was invaded.

Olympia, Washington, Mayor Cheryl Selby quickly changed her tune on Black Lives Matter protests after vandals targeted her home, comparing it to “domestic terrorism.”

The group called for abolishing the police while at her house, with one person spray painting “BLM” on her porch and front door. The mayor and her family were not home at the time, but neighbors informed her when the rioters got to her house.

“I’m really trying to process this,” she told The Olympian. “It’s like domestic terrorism. It’s unfair.

“It hurts when you’re giving so much to your community,” she said.

Earlier this month she issued a statement of support for the protests and said there would be no curfew in the city, calling on citizens to self-police.

“We are a predominantly white community next to communities that are far more diverse,” Selby said. “That tells us that we are not, we have not been as welcoming and nurturing to communities of color as we’d like to think. The light switched on in America by Mr. Floyd’s murder shines glaringly on Olympia, as well.

“Let me be clear: The City of Olympia supports the peaceful protests that highlight the racial injustices black people continue to endure at the hands of police in the United States.”

Leftist Mayor Changes Tune on BLM Protests After Her Home Targeted

He was right about that! The data simply says otherwise, consider black on black crime is slated to be a record year in Chiraq, alone! And riots were started by Antifa and marxist BLM!

Good! They want to slash budgets in half? Assign barefoot Whole Foods SJW therapists to violent calls? **** em. Let them suffer.

This sheriff said he wouldn't respond to calls at the county's library, after it expressed support for BLM -

CNN

Public officials do not have the option of deciding who they want to help or not help.

The same can be said about a plethora of city and state leaders across the country, such as the Mayor of Portland and his ilk.

btw, craven public servants should know from current events that kowtowing to Antifa/BLM doesn't give you a pass. In fact, the Mayor of Olympia WA found that out when her property was invaded.

I love the mayor saying “we’re a white community next to communities that are far more diverse” lol

Meaning Tacoma 30 miles away?

White self hatred should be illegal

Public officials do not have the option of deciding who they want to help or not help.

That’s not true at all.

But in any event since the central claim of black lives matter is that cops only escalate situations then this move should be heralded as a orogressive means of justice

This guy should be terminated immediately. Cops do not get to use the power of their office to punish people they don't like politically. Can a Trump supporter really claim that if a group of cops said they'd never help Trump supporters being attacked they'd be OK with it?

You people have literally been calling cops murderers and saying they escalate violent people further and all we need is mental health counselors anyway. What’s your problem here?

This sheriff said he wouldn't respond to calls at the county's library, after it expressed support for BLM - CNN

He'll be looking for a new job soon.

The sheriff already backed down..

f4b501ad0467b15cc8eee98122dfe019.jpg

You people have literally been calling cops murderers and saying they escalate violent people further and all we need is mental health counselors anyway. What’s your problem here?

I've called cops who murder innocent people murderer. I have not seen anybody call all cops murderers. So what you're trying to tell me is that if a cop sees a Trump supporter being murdered, he has every right to let it happen because he hates Trump supporters!!? Jesus, I knew you were a fascist but that is just straight up nazi behavior.

Sheriff is usually an elected position. He cant be fired.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

But they do. They have been very tolerant of the crimes being committed by the rioters.

Sheriff is usually an elected position. He cant be fired.

True however they do depend on the county commissioners for their budget. [emoji6]

Different experts have drawn differing conclusions as to the assertion of systemic racism in law enforcement.

As for the sheriff’s stupid letter saying that his office wouldn’t respond to calls from the library, he backed off of that quickly.

“the sheriff clarified his statement saying the sheriff’s office would continue to respond to all 911 calls, including those at the library.”
Douglas County Sheriff clarifies letter in response to library diversity statement

I presume this republican sheriff wants to dumb down the local library to his level.

Pig.

Different experts have drawn differing conclusions as to the assertion of systemic racism in law enforcement.

No such thing as different conclusions. There's facts and then there's lies and phantoms. The latter you're well versed in.

;)

Is that why your rioters have destroyed cities for over 2 months straight? They hate authority and rules?

Same thing happened to Mayor Dunkin Donuts of Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom