• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sheriff Joe Arpaio Goes Vegetarian but Not for Himself.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Sheriff Joe Arpaio institutes cost-saving, vegetarian meals for inmates.....

cf458f28-e3b4-40f5-a5e7-4211e2e91cd8_ChefArpaio.jpg

Get sent to jail in Arizona’s Maricopa County and you’ll be experiencing some serious life changes. And for those who eat meat, that includes going vegetarian.

Arpaio’s latest move is a plan to transition all of his inmates in the county’s eight jails to a vegetarian diet. On the surface, it might sound like a health-conscious move from the 81-year-old lawman. But Arpaio said the change is all about saving the county money.

Instead, the jails will serve soy. In the interview with Fox, Arpaio showed how one stew-like dish will be prepared using the soy along with a combination of carrots, peas and other vegetables.....snip~

Sheriff Joe Arpaio institutes cost-saving, vegetarian meals for inmates

I like some of the things this guy has done.....but this is bit ridiculous. Considering he charges the inmates for their meals. Which that in itself is a whole other issue that needs to be dealt with. Great ya save the County some money. I am sure this will get taken into the Court. Even jailhouse Attorneys can win on this issue. Thoughts on Sheriff Bing Bing Bing.....you're ass is mine.
smiley-char092.gif

I don't see why inmates need to eat meat.

"If you don't like it, don't get thrown in jail", JA

Lucky it's not TVP.

Lucky it's not TVP.

The point is your views of the judicial system should take into consideration the possibility that you may be in it at some point. Why do I care if people get a fair trial? I just won't get accused of a crime!

This isn't that bad, but the 100 other things he's done to **** with them all add up to him getting out of hand. He's using inmates more as a means to boost his own career and glory.

The point is your views of the judicial system should take into consideration the possibility that you may be in it at some point. Why do I care if people get a fair trial? I just won't get accused of a crime!

This isn't that bad, but the 100 other things he's done to **** with them all add up to him getting out of hand. He's using inmates more as a means to boost his own career and glory.

Such as wearing pink, sleeping and living outside, work details, etc. [things that have been tried elsewhere]

What's the problem?

Prisons use to be a terrible place to end up before the ACLU decided it was 'inhuman'. Now it's like some sort of free ride.

Maybe we need to get back to it being a terrible place where hard labor abounds?

I don't see why inmates need to eat meat.

What happened to the other white meat? The cheaper stuff. Also what about this new Test Tube Meat. Does most of the population of the US eat meat as part of well balanced diet?

Lucky it's not TVP.

One can't always count on the System doing the Right thing nor LE.....moreover what if it a relative a son or daughter that gets locked up? Has to sit in there for a couple of days.

Does most of the population of the US eat meat as part of well balanced diet?

1. "Most of the population" of American does not eat a well balanced diet. We have a 50% obesity rate and another ~30% fatass.

2. It's not necessary and it's wasteful.

3. Breakfast is the first act of violence each day.

One can't always count on the System doing the Right thing nor LE.....moreover what if it a relative a son or daughter that gets locked up? Has to sit in there for a couple of days.

Oh noes!!! No meat!!!

You're joking, right?

Got to keep up the TESTOSTERONE levels for all that jailhouse fun. ;)

Mornin' WCH. :2wave: Well the Prison and Correctional Systems do know that eating Red Meat meat causes those that do so to be more aggressive. Which in Illinois they limit the amount of Red Meat given to inmates. Menard Correctional Facility and others have their own farms.

I don't see why they're given soy. Beans, greens and nuts will suffice for protein and amino acids. A multivitamin (way cheaper, economically and ecologically, than animal products) covers minerals and vitamins.

Soy has it's own issues, and the removal of all meat from one's diet isn't particularly healthful either.

Man is carnivorous. Doesn't mean we need to have it every day, or in huge quantities, but the body needs the proteins that meat provides as no substitute can.

I liked Sherriff Joe in the beginning, now I think he's getting a little over the top.

1. "Most of the population" of American does not eat a well balanced diet. We have a 50% obesity rate and another ~30% fatass.

2. It's not necessary and it's wasteful.

3. Breakfast is the first act of violence each day.

Despite the semantics.....generally, most Americans eat meat in their diet. Do they not?

How is it wasteful and not necessary?

Depends on.....if one is eating an egg. As some Religions think the egg is that of a Soul. <<<<< Picks up hard-boiled egg, peels the shell off, then takes a bite out of the Sou erm Egg.
Cool_223.gif

Oh noes!!! No meat!!!

You're joking, right?

No I am not joking.....did you see the part about they have to pay for their meals? Moreover.....if they are going out on work details and doing hard labor. Then switching people over to a vegetarian diet they wont be able to get as much work out of them.

No I am not joking.....did you see the part about they have to pay for their meals? Moreover.....if they are going out on work details and doing hard labor. Then switching people over to a vegetarian diet they wont be able to get as much work out of them.

That's nonsense. There are vegetarian professional athletes and even body builders. Stop with the hysteria based on ignorance. Vegetarianism doesn't hurt anyone.

Mornin' RA. :2wave: You hit the nail on the head.....he could end causing a Riot to take place with all that he has done. As some of it is to humiliate those who have been locked up and or are awaiting to go to trial.

Oh that's for sure. (I was quoting Sher. Joe)

My point is jail isn't nearly the bad thing is was before all the pantie waist, do- gooders got involved. The threat of incarceration is not nearly what it was.

Despite the semantics.....generally, most Americans eat meat in their diet. Do they not?

50% of Americans are obese and most of the rest fatass. You claimed most Americans eat a well balanced diet - that's grotesque ignorance.

How is it wasteful and not necessary?

It requires too much land, water and resources to justify. It also supports desensitization and carries other sociological impacts.

Depends on.....if one is eating an egg. As some Religions think the egg is that of a Soul. <<<<< Picks up hard-boiled egg, peels the shell off, then takes a bite out of the Sou erm Egg.
Cool_223.gif

Like anyone gives a ****. Now you're just spamming nonsense to support your dietary bloodlust.

That's nonsense. There are vegetarian professional athletes and even body builders. Stop with the hysteria based on ignorance. Vegetarianism doesn't hurt anyone.

Hysteria.....are you daft?
rolleyes.png
Maybe you shouldn't use big words when not put into a proper context. Cuz you couldn't be further from reality coming off with some funny **** like that. :lol:

You understand it is a County jail and that some are not sentenced Correct?

Hysteria.....are you daft?
rolleyes.png
Maybe you shouldn't use big words when not put into a proper context. Cuz you couldn't be further from reality coming off with some funny **** like that. :lol:

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I, however, have been vegan for 15 years.

You understand it is a County jail and that some are not sentenced Correct?

Who cares? It's not a punishment.

Such as wearing pink, sleeping and living outside, work details, etc. [things that have been tried elsewhere]

What's the problem?

Prisons use to be a terrible place to end up before the ACLU decided it was 'inhuman'. Now it's like some sort of free ride.

Maybe we need to get back to it being a terrible place where hard labor abounds?

Wait a second... Are you saying they're no longer terrible places to end up? Why should an official get to humiliate and harass inmates just to boost his career and glory?

Not to mention, when you're in jail, you're innocent because you haven't been convicted by a jury of your peers yet.

Wait a second... Are you saying they're no longer terrible places to end up? Why should an official get to humiliate and harass inmates just to boost his career and glory?

Eating a healthy and efficient diet is not humiliation or harassment. It's cheaper and more efficient economically, socially, ecologically and spiritually. It doesn't do anyone any harm and it does good for everyone.

Eating a healthy and efficient diet is not humiliation or harassment. It's cheaper and more efficient economically, socially, ecologically and spiritually. It doesn't do anyone any harm and it does good for everyone.

This one thing isn't necessarily that bad, it's the fact that it's just the newest in a long string of humiliations just to boost some power drunk official's career.

If you were in jail, would YOU want to be fed garbage?

This one thing isn't necessarily that bad, it's the fact that it's just the newest in a long string of humiliations just to boost some power drunk official's career.

A vegetarian diet is not humiliation.

Back
Top Bottom