• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sheriff Clarke Just Got Some Amazing News from President-Elect Donald Trump

faithful_servant

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Sheriff Clarke Just Got Some Amazing News from President-Elect Donald Trump
According to reports, Sheriff David Clarke is being considered for the position of Secretary of Homeland Security.The Political Insider reported: The New York Times is reporting that Trump may choose a prominent African-American to the role of Secretary of Homeland Security.The choice of a minority should please liberals far and wide.Just kidding, it’s David Clarke, a staunch conservative and man who kicks a** and takes names when it comes to far-left rioters and radical Islamic terrorists. A perfect choice for American law and order.Via the IB Times:Donald Trump’s ascension to the White House means one of the president-elect’s top priorities will be to name a cabinet to help lead the U.S. forward. With the lingering threat of terror attacks in the U.S., the leadership of the Department of Homeland Security may take precedence for Trump.One person reportedly under consideration for the position is David Clarke Jr., the Milwaukee County sheriff who made a national name for himself after speaking at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland this summer. The 60-year-old African-American law enforcement official’s reinforced his support for Trump by describing the protesters demonstrating against the president-elect “radical anarchists” Wednesday night.

A great choice if this is accurate.

Homeland security should be disbanded.. thought conservatives was all about less government?

Homeland security should be disbanded.. thought conservatives was all about less government?

Just by Trump saying he is an "outsider" means all his decisions are valid to his supporters, even when those decisions support the status quo he and his supporters complained about. :roll:

So, being a sheriff is enough of a credential to make you the head of a top federal security agency? You now don't look too 1st world America, do you?

So, being a sheriff is enough of a credential to make you the head of a top federal security agency? You now don't look too 1st world America, do you?

Yes being Sheriff is great experence.

Janet Napolitano was the Homeland Security Secretary 2009 to 2013. The bar can not be set much lower. :)

And the influx of illegals should be increased so we can start swirling the drain and catch up to the cluster**** known as Europe. Capital idea.

First world means politically and economically connected insiders that "know the system" right?

I agree. If I had campaigned on - in part - reducing government Homeland Security is probably the first place I'd look. Even before the Education Department.

I don't know enough about the man to comment one way or another, but if he can do something about the absolutely awful TSA he'll be a hero.

On a side note, what has happened with the push, started under Bush II, to get all these agencies cooperating, presumably under a Homeland Security umbrella. Seems there's still a lot of silo building there - if he can work on that, as well, he might be up for sainthood.

Quick. No googling. What were Jeh Johnsons qualifications? just straight from the top of your head.

There does not seem to be much reporting on this yet, assuming it is accurate it may not be a bad choice.

Our issue is one that PeteEU points out. To continue down this path of the bureaucracy known as Homeland Security means buy in by the Trump Administration to that level of authoritarianism masquerading as public safety.

Congress has to vote on that department.

Quick. No googling. What were Jeh Johnsons qualifications? just straight from the top of your head.

How long was Obama an Illlinois senator and how long a US Senator?

Sheriff Joe to head the Federal prison system!!!! Pink undies for everybody. :lamo

I'm not that familiar with him, but looking at his bio, he's lawyer put into a law enforcement position. He's a functionary and what we need in this position is a lawman. Lawyers should be a strong advisory role, but the leadership should be a lawman.

I would like to see an end the the term homeland. seems xenophobic to me.

defense is one of the few things the federal government should be doing though.

How long was Obama an Illlinois senator and how long a US Senator?
Qualifications apparently only matter to 'the other guys'.

I'm not that familiar with him, but looking at his bio, he's lawyer put into a law enforcement position. He's a functionary and what we need in this position is a lawman. Lawyers should be a strong advisory role, but the leadership should be a lawman.
Jeh Johnsons PRIMARY qualification is that he was a rat operative as a rat fundraiser and campaign advisor.

Back
Top Bottom