• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sheriff blames sanctuary law for California officer's death

It's always possible that the people of California will say, "Enough!" How many unnecessary deaths need there be before they do?

I see your point about the gun-banning. If you're referring to Adam Lanza, though, he killed 20 kids, not "a few."

Actually I was referring to the emphasis placed on some murders and the tendency to ignore others. This would also apply to the daily toll of inner city murders.

Really. You're gonna promote that OP. That ****ed up, asshat, font crazy, total partisan, usually fake news OP. And you're cheerleading. Ain't that something.

There are plenty of threads in which to discuss any aspect of the event or issues. You needn't promote trash.

Being a source police is simply exercising a bias, the source is irrelevant as long as the can be verified independently.

Here is more "fake news":
Suspected killer of California officer Ronil Singh had 7 alleged accomplices: Officials originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

A Mexican man accused of gunning down a Northern California police officer was taken into custody Friday following a massive manhunt that ended with a surrender after authorities surrounded a home in Bakersfield, California, 200 miles south of where the crime took place, officials said.

The suspect, Gustavo Perez Arriaga, fled after shooting Newman police Cpl. Ronil Singh, 33, at a traffic stop just before 1 a.m. Wednesday, according to the Stanislaus County Sheriff's Department.

An undocumented immigrant with known gang affiliations, the 32-year-old Arriaga tried to flee to Mexico after his alleged crime, authorities said Friday. Stanislaus County Sheriff Adam Christianson said that Arriaga crossed into Arizona from Mexico illegally a couple of years ago and it is believed that he had been working on farms in California's Central Valley.
By late Friday night, a total of seven people had been arrested for either misleading authorities about Arriaga’s whereabouts or aiding him in evading authorities – including a woman described as Arriaga’s girlfriend and two of his brothers, according to police officials and ABC-owned station KFSN.

Arriaga's brother, Adrian Virgen, and co-worker, Erik Razo Quiroz, were arrested and accused of acting as accomplices, authorities said.

Another brother Conrado Virgen Mendoza, 34, and Arriaga's girlfriend Ana Leyde Cervantes, 30 were arrested on Friday for aiding Arriaga in evading authorities.

Youngblood said that three additional people were also arrested in the South Valley for aiding and abetting Arriaga, according to KFSN.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/man-accus...ngh-taken-225009777--abc-news-topstories.html

There is more information contained in the article.

How, exactly, did this guy have a valid, state issued, drivers license? From the link it appears that he had used multiple (valid?) IDs. Has anyone checked to see if he was registered to vote, who had employed him, if that ID (those IDs?) would pass E-Verify and if there was a federal detainer issued for him?

Obviously, our interior enforcement of federal immigration law is failing miserably.

None of those things are concerns in CALIFORNIA, which CIRCUMVENTS Federal immigration laws....= the sheriff's complaint, in a nutshell.

California ABETS illegals voting, and covers for them when they commit crimes.

There is little federal enforcement in any area. That is by design since there are about as many federal ICE/ERO agents assigned to 'patrol' the entire US interior as there are police officers in Boston, MA and Baltimore, MD combined. We have about 10X as many federal airport nannies (TSA agents) as we have federal ICE/ERO agents - does that make any sense at all? MAGA indeed.

Yeah..California and other asinine sanctuary states which FORBID their LEO's from cooperating with ICE etal = " Trump's Fault".

Really?

Really. You're gonna promote that OP. That ****ed up, asshat, font crazy, total partisan, usually fake news OP. And you're cheerleading. Ain't that something.

Yes. Attacking me makes the issue go away.

More LAMEASS , DODGING, AD HOM BULL**** from the DP LEFT.

What else is new?

The coverage of this is all over the place, but my best guess is someone within governance made a huge mistake.

More than just a technicality but sanctuary status was never intended (even with the law as written) to apply to anyone with a criminal background and/or affiliation to criminal groups or gangs. At some point and at some level information exchange did not work and we ended up with someone protected that should not have been. You would think the first need for an ID would have been flagged, something.

I am not so sure we should be blaming the law itself in this case, even though we could be debating the intention of the law in a general sense as applied to other cases.

What we should be looking at is how this guy got so much in terms of interaction with the State / local governments and for so long allowing this officer’s death to happen.

Bull****. It (Sancturary nonsense) is SPECIFICALLY APPLIED to those arrested for crimes OTHER THAN IMMIGRATION STATUS.

Makeup some more nonsense.

Hey Grok, did this sheriff think that Melania was the only first lady to visit a war zone since 1969? :lamo

Hey , Beef', Bosnia was OVER when the Hildebeest visited.

As always , incapable of addressing the EMBARRASSING (FOR YOU) FACTS, reduced to asinine AD HOMS....yaaawwn….

There are plenty of threads in which to discuss any aspect of the event or issues. You needn't promote trash.

Still running from the FACTS of the OP, we see.

Funny to watch....thanks for the entertainment.

Since illegal immigrants are counted in the census then their (growing?) presence gives CA extra "bright blue" House seats and EC votes. I'm sure that other federal perks (block grants to the states?) are also based on population totals which are padded with illegal immigrants.

Won't be this time around.

There are hundreds of crimes listed in California's Sanctuary law which can be reported and get someone who is in the country illegally deported. DUI without injury is unfortunately not one of them. Personally, I would have a 0 tolerance towards drunk driving convictions and think California needs to add DUI convictions to its list of deportable offenses. The suspect in this case had 2 prior convictions for DUI according to reports.

So the sheriff is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT in blaming California's sanctuary laws for the death of his officer. Point.

Hey , Beef', Bosnia was OVER when the Hildebeest visited.

As always , incapable of addressing the EMBARRASSING (FOR YOU) FACTS, reduced to asinine AD HOMS....yaaawwn….

Uh, Grok......your post said that NO first lady since 1969 visited a war zone.

YOU FAIL

as always.

Yes i feel all illegal immigrants that break laws should be put out no questions asked and i am a dem.... but i am more afraid of a police shooting me than a mexican illegal.. and yes i am a law abiding citizen.. my son is a deputy sheriff. also i am more afraids of crazy white men with ar15s taking meth ..... just an opinion!!!

Hey Grok, did this sheriff think that Melania was the only first lady to visit a war zone since 1969? :lamo

Uh, Grok......your post said that NO first lady since 1969 visited a war zone.

YOU FAIL

as always.

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

You are the only one who mentioned the first lady in any post here, until that point the first lady was not brought up. You set up the straw man and are attacking a poster on your creation. Your troll got a response, unfortunately, giving you a means to continue your straw man with an ad hominem attack. I get the impression that this dialogue is a carry over from a different thread and as such has no place in this thread, all together - bad form!

And the Sheriff is right.

I hesitate to place all this completely at the feet of sanctuary laws; while I dont think it helped the situation, at the end of the day, the one truly responsible was the illegal that pulled the trigger and murdered the police officer.

You're asking good questions here, and I hope answers will be forthcoming.

Millions of illegals are using stolen identities. It's how they pay Federal income taxes that the open-borders folks brag about all the time.

If someone shows up with brown skin and a valid SSN, there isn't an employee in the country that will question that. Two reasons: good help is hard to find and they don't want to get sued by some wackjob activist group.

The coverage of this is all over the place, but my best guess is someone within governance made a huge mistake.

More than just a technicality but sanctuary status was never intended (even with the law as written) to apply to anyone with a criminal background and/or affiliation to criminal groups or gangs. At some point and at some level information exchange did not work and we ended up with someone protected that should not have been. You would think the first need for an ID would have been flagged, something.

I am not so sure we should be blaming the law itself in this case, even though we could be debating the intention of the law in a general sense as applied to other cases.

What we should be looking at is how this guy got so much in terms of interaction with the State / local governments and for so long allowing this officer’s death to happen.

As if sanctuary cities are going to run background checks on illegals. In California cops are prohibited from asking someone about their immigration status.

The Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional (bull**** ruling).

So the sheriff is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT in blaming California's sanctuary laws for the death of his officer. Point.

Yes in this particular case the sheriff is possibly correct. It could have also been a failure by the sheriffs department to report multiple DUI convictions. If DUI without injury were a deportable crime in California and ICE had found him in time the officer and the suspect wouldn't have met. There is some question if the guy already had 2 DUI convictions in California. If he had 2 convictions then law enforcement could have reported him to ICE. Multiple convictions and DUI with complications, such as with serious injury or without a drivers license can get you deported in California. A single DUI without injury or minor injury will not get you deported in California.

I hesitate to place all this completely at the feet of sanctuary laws; while I dont think it helped the situation, at the end of the day, the one truly responsible was the illegal that pulled the trigger and murdered the police officer.

The point the sheriff is making is had the unlawfully present immigrant been reported for his prior criminal acts, as presumably required by law, then the unlawfully present immigrant isn’t present to pull the trigger to kill this officer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom