• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Shellie Zimmerman files for divorce

Honestly, as a society we continue to see stories like this because people end up posting it on forums, sharing it with friends, etc. It gets the page views which gets the news providers more money. If we were to stop clicking on unimportant crap like this then we wouldn't get reported unimportant crap.

What is interesting in the article is something I never heard before:
In the ABC interview, she also revealed she wasn't at their home the night of Martin's shooting in their gated community outside Orlando because she'd had a fight with her husband.

"I was staying at my father's house," she said. "We had gotten into an argument the night before and I left."
Even though they had such a fight that she left the house, she stuck it out with him through the trial. You got to give her credit there.

What is interesting in the article is something I never heard before:
In the ABC interview, she also revealed she wasn't at their home the night of Martin's shooting in their gated community outside Orlando because she'd had a fight with her husband.

"I was staying at my father's house," she said. "We had gotten into an argument the night before and I left."
Even though they had such a fight that she left the house, she stuck it out with him through the trial. You got to give her credit there.

Then who picked up George's SUV that night if Shellie was not home???

I found her statements about them living in a 20 foot travel trailer in the woods terrified they were going to be attacked very interesting.

I think it would be fair to say that 90% of the media has total contempt for "presumed innocent."

It IS interesting she admits lying to the court.

You think so?

IDK maybe he gets book money, interview money or even a movie buck; but those have to happen right now or they won't likely happen at all. I tend to think the lame stream media that tried so hard to lynch him would be all over anyone paying him money?

I'm surprised.

When all is said and done, I think George Zimmerman is going to be a very rich man.

You think so?

IDK maybe he gets book money, interview money or even a movie buck; but those have to happen right now or they won't likely happen at all. I tend to think the lame stream media that tried so hard to lynch him would be all over anyone paying him money?

You could be right . . . But I think he stands a good chance of winning a lawsuit or two. He was really lynched. Worse, in my opinion, than Richard Jewell. Jewell was successful in several libel lawsuits against newspapers. I really hope Zimmerman does the same.

True, his suit against NBC looks solid, I back that up with they did fire people over it - that illustrates they know a mistake was made; my guess is that one will be settled.

You could be right . . . But I think he stands a good chance of winning a lawsuit or two. He was really lynched. Worse, in my opinion, than Richard Jewell. Jewell was successful in several libel lawsuits against newspapers. I really hope Zimmerman does the same.

True, his suit against NBC looks solid, I back that up with they did fire people over it - that illustrates they know a mistake was made; my guess is that one will be settled.

Except that it wasn't a "mistake"; it was willful, manipulative deception.

Actually, Jewell didn't win one lawsuit. Several media outlets settled with him, without acknowledging any fault or apologizing (as Jewell demanded). The only case that wasn't settled was dismissed.

And in the instances of settlements, nearly all of the money went to the lawyers, etc

what evidence exists to prove those allegations?

The case won't go to trial.

NBC will settle and NBC will get off very easily *slap on the wrist*

what evidence exists to prove those allegations?

I'm not going to catch you up to speed if you weren't paying attention when this news outlet deliberately edited out part of the 9-11 tape. You can certainly Google it and listen for yourself/read transcripts of what was actually said and what was deliberately omitted by NBC.

From Variety:

In media defamation cases, plaintiffs have to show that the facts about them were false, that the news story was about them and caused harm and, in the case of public figures, that there was malice, or that the news outlet knew it was false and went ahead and published it anyway. Zimmerman was not a public figure before the shooting of Trayvon Martin last year, and an issue in his litigation may very well be the extent to which he falls into the category of a “limited purpose” public figure. Courts have weighed the extent to which a person voluntarily becomes part of public debate.

Zimmerman’s suit claims that the airing of the 911 call caused Zimmerman emotional distress, and exposed him to “public contempt, ridicule, hatred and threats to his life,” and “conveyed the impression that Zimmerman is a hostile ‘racist’ who shot Trayvon Martin because the young man was African American.”

“NBC saw the death of Trayvon Martin not as a tragedy but as an opportunity to increase ratings, and so set about to create the myth that George Zimmerman was a racist and predatory villain,” the suit stated. “The goal was simple: keep their viewers alarmed, and thus always watching, by menacing them with a reprehensible series of imaginary and exaggerated racist claims.”

George Zimmerman Verdict Gives New Wrinkle to Libel Case Against NBC | Variety

Actually, Jewell didn't win one lawsuit. Several media outlets settled with him, without acknowledging any fault or apologizing (as Jewell demanded). The only case that wasn't settled was dismissed.

And in the instances of settlements, nearly all of the money went to the lawyers, etc

You need to stop sullying these threads with facts ;)

Back
Top Bottom