• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shelia Jackson Lee leaves 2 posts after suit claims retribution for staffer reporting sexual assault

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If she did in fact implement retaliation, she needs to resign.

Shelia Jackson Lee leaves 2 posts after suit claims retribution for staffer reporting sexual assault

Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has stepped down from two of her key posts as she faces a lawsuit that alleges retribution to a staffer who reported sexual assault.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, a New York Democrat, issued a statement Wednesday announcing his support for Jackson Lee's "decision to voluntarily and temporarily step back from the Crime Subcommittee Chair position."​

Texas Democratic Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has stepped down from two of her key posts as she faces a lawsuit that alleges retribution to a staffer who reported sexual assault.

House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler, a New York Democrat, issued a statement Wednesday announcing his support for Jackson Lee's "decision to voluntarily and temporarily step back from the Crime Subcommittee Chair position."​

CBCF: Voluntarily quit or we'll kick your sorry ass out.

Lee: Okay, I'll quit.

This was the right thing to do. And the Dems pressuring her out was also the right thing to do.

I wish the Republicans would handle theirs the same way. Allegations against Jim Jordan, yet they ignore it. And remember that creepy guy in Texas? They turned the other way there.

Man, I never thought I'd say this, but the Democrats look like a party of integrity, and the Republicans look bad.

This was the right thing to do. And the Dems pressuring her out was also the right thing to do.

I wish the Republicans would handle theirs the same way. Allegations against Jim Jordan, yet they ignore it. And remember that creepy guy in Texas? They turned the other way there.

Man, I never thought I'd say this, but the Democrats look like a party of integrity, and the Republicans look bad.

Corruption will always pop up in all places. It matters how it is handled... you are right.

Dems haven't been near as corrupt lately than the GOP but that has mostly to do with power. No one wants to corrupt a politician who can't even pull a bill to the floor and is basically just sitting on the sidelines. Now the the Dems can pull bills to the House floor... I expect to see some more of them compromised than in the recent past. I hope the party handles them well too.

Other than sexually abusing anyone around them, yeah sure, they're wonderful...:roll:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Still waiting for the Dems to deal with their 2 Anti-Semites in the House.

Oh wait they did: they gave one a seat on a committee. Guess we know where the Dems stand on Anti-Jewish speech.

Note: rather than call the accuser a lying hoaxer who is conspiring with conservatives to victimize Democrats.

In other news Pritzker, the guy who had phone discussions with Blago about selling an Illinois Senate seat, was elected governor of Illinois.

Just full of integrity....

Don't forget Doug Jones, Steve King, Joe Arpaio, and Donald Trump. Any Republican who has any integrity resigned, retired, or died.

Don't forget Doug Jones, Steve King, Joe Arpaio, and Donald Trump. Any Republican who has any integrity resigned, retired, or died.

Are you seriously deluded enough to believe the Democrats don't have corruption? Why not just wish on a fairy godmother?

Are you seriously deluded enough to believe the Democrats don't have corruption? Why not just wish on a fairy godmother?

Why do you people always jump off that cliff? I never said anything about the Democrats, yet people like you always bring them up to justify the vileness you just can't help but defend.

Since you asked, I am not now nor have I ever been a Democrat. They are just as corrupt as Republicans; and I loathe most national politicians. The point of my post was that since the age of Trump began, the Republican party has completely abandoned everything it ever stood for, most significantly, in my opinion, their "family values".

Why do you people always jump off that cliff? I never said anything about the Democrats, yet people like you always bring them up to justify the vileness you just can't help but defend.

Since you asked, I am not now nor have I ever been a Democrat. They are just as corrupt as Republicans; and I loathe most national politicians. The point of my post was that since the age of Trump began, the Republican party has completely abandoned everything it ever stood for, most significantly, in my opinion, their "family values".

Because you are making these giant generalizations that are hyperbolic horse****. Bad examples exist on both sides, you are portraying one side one way and the other another way when the truth is both are full of corruption and bad faith actors...a lot like here.

PS "you people" use racist euphemisms much?

Because you are making these giant generalizations that are hyperbolic horse****. Bad examples exist on both sides, you are portraying one side one way and the other another way when the truth is both are full of corruption and bad faith actors...a lot like here.

PS "you people" use racist euphemisms much?

I'm not generalizing anything. Don't get touchy with me just because "you people" sold your souls and gutted the entire Republican party in three short years by electing and/or supporting people who sexually assault women, open racists, child molesters, and birthers.

I'm not sure how you turned my clear disgust for both parties into portraying one of them one way and the other a different way, but my words speak for themself no matter how you try to mischaracterize them. You're upset because you can't help yourself from defending the indefensible because you care more about political parties than human decency. I'm not standing with any of those creeps.

I'm not generalizing anything. Don't get touchy with me just because "you people" sold your souls and gutted the entire Republican party in three short years by electing and/or supporting people who sexually assault women, open racists, child molesters, and birthers.

I'm not sure how you turned my clear disgust for both parties into portraying one of them one way and the other a different way, but my words speak for themself no matter how you try to mischaracterize them. You're upset because you can't help yourself from defending the indefensible because you care more about political parties than human decency. I'm not standing with any of those creeps.

Bold = lie

Any Republican who has any integrity resigned, retired, or died.

ANY appears to be a rather wide generalization. Don't overstep with hyperbole and it wont be so easy to make your comments look stupid.

Other than sexually abusing anyone around them, yeah sure, they're wonderful...:roll:

Pretty sure Republican's record on sexual abuse is worse... starting with *****-Grabber-In-Chief

Note: rather than call the accuser a lying hoaxer who is conspiring with conservatives to victimize Democrats.

Hence the word "If" in my OP.

In other news Pritzker, the guy who had phone discussions with Blago about selling an Illinois Senate seat, was elected governor of Illinois.

Just full of integrity....

You support trump. You kind of lost the right to preach about "integrity".

Launch an investigation and see whatelse she's been up to; her family and friends, too.

Shades of Sanders where it comes out that what they sell very well might not be how they live.....that they are lying to us.

We are of course colossal liars now.

Hence the word "If" in my OP.

Maybe I'm misreading what you said right in the last post, but to be clear, I wasn't having a go at you. I bounced off what you said to say another related thing.

The point was, at least the D stepped off the committees vs. the reaction to the mere thought that someone might testify against Kavanaugh.

(See also Franken resigning outright vs. response to Roy Moore vs. response to Harvey Weinstein yadda yadda).

"They" tend to defend any conservative who is accused while attacking any liberal who is accused while also attacking other liberals for not attacking accused liberals in a loud enough fashion, and despite said liberals either getting canned by other liberals or stepping down knowing they probably should be canned. It's another triple-or-quadruple-standard ploy.

There are exceptions, but the pattern has become pretty damn stark.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm misreading what you said right in the last post, but to be clear, I wasn't having a go at you. I bounced off what you said to say another related thing.

The point was, at least the D stepped off the committees vs. the reaction to the mere thought that someone might testify against Kavanaugh.

(See also Franken resigning outright vs. response to Roy Moore vs. response to Harvey Weinstein yadda yadda).

"They" tend to defend any conservative who is accused while attacking any liberal who is accused while also attacking other liberals for not attacking accused liberals in a loud enough fashion, and despite said liberals either getting canned by other liberals or stepping down knowing they probably should be canned. It's another triple-or-quadruple-standard ploy.

There are exceptions, but the pattern has become pretty damn stark.

If she did it she should be gone. In the interim, unlike GOP folk, she's done the right thing until the investigations are complete. If she's wrong, she's horrible, if she's cleared, she has the integrity of stepping down at such a time the modern GOP folk just don't have and won't ever achieve as they fall in line with their treasonist cheif

What a joke ... :lamo

What a joke ... :lamo

It must be funny being that your peeps generally deny and just scream "FAKE NOOS!" instead of taking any responsibility at all for their actions. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom