• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sheehan?

How do you feel about Mrs. Sheehans recent actions?

• Sympathetic

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Proud

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Angry

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Other

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Do you really think they care about something as remote as that? I sincerly doubt it. Until I actually see proof that they dance and celebrate in the street because of Sheehan then it is nothing more then an O-P-I-N-I-O-N

Last edited:
FinnMacCool said:
Do you really think they care about something as remote as that? I sincerly doubt it. Until I actually see proof that they dance and celebrate in the street because of Sheehan then it is nothing more then an O-P-I-N-I-O-N
Thats just an attempt to get her to shut up.

FinnMacCool said:

Your fukin brilliant ya know that.. Did I not say thats what it was you master of the obvious... If I was in a war with you and I constantly see people on your Networks calling me a freedom fighter and not a terrorist. Calling your own leader a terrorist and blasting your own government.. Than ya .. That would make me feel great about my cause

nefarious_plot said:
Thats just an attempt to get her to shut up.

She's a walking joke, I don't care if she keeps talking for years.

Your fukin brilliant ya know that.. Did I not say thats what it was you master of the obvious... If I was in a war with you and I constantly see people on your Networks calling me a freedom fighter and not a terrorist. Calling your own leader a terrorist and blasting your own government.. Than ya .. That would make me feel great about my cause

You must watch a lot of liberal media then. Do you think they air Al Franken in Iraq?

FinnMacCool said:
You must watch a lot of liberal media then. Do you think they air Al Franken in Iraq?

I am not sure what nor how many channels are covered with satalite in Iraq. I know CNN is. So ya they have access to pretty much the same shows and news as you.

So in that case they also have access to Fox news and other conservative media. Maybe they listen to that and despair?

FinnMacCool said:
So in that case they also have access to Fox news and other conservative media. Maybe they listen to that and despair?

Ya they despair as they strap the C4 to there chest so they can kill some civilians. They view what is going to prove there point. If all the stations are saying there wrong but 1. You can bet that will be the station that they show to everyone to make there point. Unfortunately it's more then one station beating there drum. And the sheehan "freedom fighters" are going to take everything she says as a good sign.

FinnMacCool said:
So what would be the solution then? Just fill up all airwaves in Iraq with Conservative news?

Don't really know what the solution should be. Can't curtail what people say. And can't have a media blackout. How about people think a bit before they speak. How about not throwing everything aside to get to your 15 minutes of fame. Not sure if it's really possible in this day and age of PC to ever figure out a workable solution.

Originally posted by Calm2Chaos:
Its called an opinion.... maybe you heard of them.. Have you??.. Or are you to intent on making up facts.. O-P-I-N-I-O-N... try it.. say it slow.. Then look up the definition.. In my opinion she is definetly making the people killed her sons day...
So basically, your just playing "make believe" with your O-P-I-N-I-O-N.

Originally posted by ludahai:
Something of which I am sure you know quite well
What I "...know quite well..." is that you don't know!

Billo_Really said:
What I "...know quite well..." is that you don't know!

looking at half a story or only the "usable facts" ..... hmmmmm sounds like the way to know things. Hel why let facts get into the way of a good argument eh billo?. You can keep screaming about the illegal war that is in all reality....Legal.

Originally Posted by Calm2Chaos:
looking at half a story or only the "usable facts" ..... hmmmmm sounds like the way to know things. Hel why let facts get into the way of a good argument eh billo?. You can keep screaming about the illegal war that is in all reality....Legal.
Prove it, Buckwheat!

Billo_Really said:
Prove it, Buckwheat!

Buckwheat?????? You racist :2razz:

Didn't we have a war resolution passed by the 107th congress?

Originally posted by Calm2Chaos:
Buckwheat?????? You racist

Didn't we have a war resolution passed by the 107th congress?
Nine months AFTER he started the war. That's illegal and impeachable.

While I usually lean to the left and I feel bad for Sheehans loss of her son, the President was right for not meeting w/ her. If the President met w/ everyone who asked for his time he'd never get anything done. At first I agreed w/ her point, but near the end I thought she was just whining.

Back
Top Bottom