• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

She Took the White House Photos. Trump Moved to Take the Profit.

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"WASHINGTON — As President Donald J. Trump’s tenure came to an end, the chief White House photographer, who had traveled the world with him and spent countless hours inside the White House snapping pictures, notified Mr. Trump’s aides that she intended to publish a book collecting some of her most memorable images. This was hardly a radical idea: Official photographers from every White House since President Ronald Reagan’s have published their own books. Barack Obama and George W. Bush were so supportive that they wrote forewords for them.

First, aides to Mr. Trump asked her for a cut of her book advance payment, in exchange for his writing a foreword and helping promote the book, according to former associates of Mr. Trump. Then Mr. Trump’s team asked Ms. Craighead to hold off on her book project to allow the former president to take Ms. Craighead’s photos and those of other White House staff photographers and publish his own book, which is now selling for as much as $230 a copy.

That the profits from Ms. Craighead’s labor are now going into Mr. Trump’s pocket has left several of Mr. Trump’s former aides upset — but not exactly surprised. “Shea’s a very talented photographer and this was really all of her hard work,” said Stephanie Grisham, who served as the White House press secretary for Mr. Trump and wrote her own book, referring to Ms. Craighead by her nickname. “I just keep thinking: What a shame that he is actually now profiting off of it. But then again, this is the guy who is hawking caps and all kinds of stuff right now to raise money for himself.”

Link

What a scumbag.

"In 2018, Craighead told Marie Claire magazine that she and Trump had “a lovely relationship … very professional, but also … quite humorous at times”, and added that Trump had “a genuine, strong, caring heart”."

Link

lol, yeah, just don't come between him and a buck.

"WASHINGTON — As President Donald J. Trump’s tenure came to an end, the chief White House photographer, who had traveled the world with him and spent countless hours inside the White House snapping pictures, notified Mr. Trump’s aides that she intended to publish a book collecting some of her most memorable images. This was hardly a radical idea: Official photographers from every White House since President Ronald Reagan’s have published their own books. Barack Obama and George W. Bush were so supportive that they wrote forewords for them.

First, aides to Mr. Trump asked her for a cut of her book advance payment, in exchange for his writing a foreword and helping promote the book, according to former associates of Mr. Trump. Then Mr. Trump’s team asked Ms. Craighead to hold off on her book project to allow the former president to take Ms. Craighead’s photos and those of other White House staff photographers and publish his own book, which is now selling for as much as $230 a copy.

That the profits from Ms. Craighead’s labor are now going into Mr. Trump’s pocket has left several of Mr. Trump’s former aides upset — but not exactly surprised. “Shea’s a very talented photographer and this was really all of her hard work,” said Stephanie Grisham, who served as the White House press secretary for Mr. Trump and wrote her own book, referring to Ms. Craighead by her nickname. “I just keep thinking: What a shame that he is actually now profiting off of it. But then again, this is the guy who is hawking caps and all kinds of stuff right now to raise money for himself.”

Link

What a scumbag.

"In 2018, Craighead told Marie Claire magazine that she and Trump had “a lovely relationship … very professional, but also … quite humorous at times”, and added that Trump had “a genuine, strong, caring heart”."

Link

Who paid her to take the photos?

Here's an opinion article in Vanity Fair that is much more succinct in describing his continuing rip-off. Is there a decent bone in this man's body? ((That's a rhetorical question.) https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/03/donald-trump-shealah-craighead-book

"REPORT: TRUMP RIPPED OFF HIS OWN WHITE HOUSE PHOTOGRAPHER, ’CAUSE THAT’S JUST THE KIND OF DICK HE IS

He requested a cut of her sales and then just decided to publish his own book first using her photos— without credit."

"Without credit." The man who, she said had “a genuine, strong, caring heart”.

The taxpayers.
Are you sure?

If you are correct, then neither Trump nor the photographer have any right to profit from those pictures.

Is she legally obligated to give trump anything?

Link

What a scumbag.

Link

Or a camera…

"REPORT: TRUMP RIPPED OFF HIS OWN WHITE HOUSE PHOTOGRAPHER, ’CAUSE THAT’S JUST THE KIND OF DICK HE IS

He requested a cut of her sales and then just decided to publish his own book first using her photos— without credit."

"Without credit." The man who, she said had “a genuine, strong, caring heart”.
Ripping off people is an obsession with him. The amount of money he’d gain is unnoticeable to his expenses. Yet, he pursues it.

Are you sure?

If you are correct, then neither Trump nor the photographer have any right to profit from those pictures.
Trump certainly does not, but we have let others write books on their accounts in the White House and keep the profits. If Trump wants to write a memoir, have at it. He just does not get to exploit the works of others for his personal gain.

The answer to that question didn't turn out very well for you. 🤪 :ROFLMAO:
Why do you say that? I asked a question and someone gave me an answer. I responded to that answer.

Did you expect something different from me?

Are you sure?

First of all, of course the taxpayers paid her salary. It's a 10 second Google search if you want to confirm this yourself. And you are wrong she cannot profit by selling a book of her own photos. They've been done with every President since Reagan.

All that matters to you is defending that low class, asshole Trump. The guy is such a petty little piece of crap he didn't even have the courtesy to give the photographers credit in the book he published. It's so telling about the man. He's supposedly rich, but ripped off the official photographer so he could make his own profits from her work.

Are you sure?

They both have every right to. The problem here is that the former presidents, as in the case of Obama and Bush, have the ability to earn much more money than their photographers. Thus, they defer to the artist and even help them, out of appreciation and generosity of spirit. Mr. Trump just screwed her.

Trump certainly does not, but we have let others write books on their accounts in the White House and keep the profits. If Trump wants to write a memoir, have at it. He just does not get to exploit the works of others for his personal gain.
Do you think that photographer should be able to exploit the property of the taxpayers for her own profit? I don't. And I don't think Trump should be able to, either.

Now...as someone here mentioned, the photos are in the public domain. If that's true, then EVERYONE should be able to profit from those photos...both Trump and the photographer.

First of all, of course the taxpayers paid her salary. It's a 10 second Google search if you want to confirm this yourself. And you are wrong she cannot profit by selling a book of her own photos. They've been done with every President since Reagan.

All that matters to you is defending that low class, asshole Trump. The guy is such a petty little piece of crap he didn't even have the courtesy to give the photographers credit in the book he published. It's so telling about the man. He's supposedly rich, but ripped off the official photographer so he could make his own profits from her work.
I haven't defended Trump or the photographer.

Why do you say that? I asked a question and someone gave me an answer. I responded to that answer.

Did you expect something different from me?

Always looking for loopholes for Mr. Trump.

Ripping off people is an obsession with him. The amount of money he’d gain is unnoticeable to his expenses. Yet, he pursues it.
All his grifting is unprecedented for a president/former president. If he's so rich, why doesn't he use his own money? Or is he just a cheapskate? Or both? (I'd go with both.)

Do you think that photographer should be able to exploit the property of the taxpayers for her own profit? I don't. And I don't think Trump should be able to, either.

Now...as someone here mentioned, the photos are in the public domain. If that's true, then EVERYONE should be able to profit from those photos...both Trump and the photographer.

What a generous spirit.

All his grifting is unprecedented for a president/former president. If he's so rich, why doesn't he use his own money? Or is he just a cheapskate? Or both? (I'd go with both.)
ETA: I don't believe he is as rich as he claims. Else, why not use his own money?

Back
Top Bottom