• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shaun Dismantles Jimmy Dore's Anti-Vaxx Grift

Geoist

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Holy Hell, the following video on Jimmy Dore is absolutely damning. Shaun proves Dore cherrypicked and even rewrote/reworded lines in articles to fit his narrative.

For those who don't know, Jimmy Dore is a political commentator who pretends to be a leftist but is really just a grifter who appeals to contrarian 'leftists', tankies, and the alt-right.

I love Shaun.

I seriously wonder if Dore could face a lawsuit from the author/publication he 'sourced' for outright replacing/removing words in the article. Such a gross abuse of journalistic trust.

Holy Hell, the following video on Jimmy Dore is absolutely damning. Shaun proves Dore cherrypicked and even rewrote/reworded lines in articles to fit his narrative.

For those who don't know, Jimmy Dore is a political commentator who pretends to be a leftist but is really just a grifter who appeals to contrarian 'leftists', tankies, and the alt-right.

It should be obvious to almost anyone that the anti-vaxxer's are NOT going to be convinced by ANYTHING or ANYONE to get the shots.
Heck - even Trump said he thought they should and they still won't.
So why bother trying?
Unless it is for this 'Sean' guy's own ego - or his YouTube Sub numbers?

BTW - I got them both - largely because I have minor asthma (but I am not old).
And I wear masks out of common courtesy.

But I really do not care whom else gets the shots.
And I do NOT believe it is anyone else's business if I did or did not get them UNLESS I am going to be near old farts and/or people with weakened immune systems.

Apparently the “believe the science” left are down to promoting content by YouTube randos against comedians

Apparently the “believe the science” left are down to promoting content by YouTube randos against comedians

How do you feel about political commentators literally changing words in articles to fit a political narrative? That's the issue being discussed.

Jimmy Dore is one of the most annoying human beings alive. I put him in the same category as Alex Jones.

I watched him for a short bit around 2016/17. The smugness was palpable. The permanent smirks on his face were almost cartoonish. Couldn't stomach him for very long. His following remind me of Trump supporters.

Justin Rosario refers to Dore, Taibbi and Greenwald as "Shitty White Progressive Accelerationists" and says all three of them will suddenly disappear for a couple of months and then
reappear as cast iron hardcore Right wingers.

If you're familiar with the scene in "40 Year Old Virgin" about "This is one of three conversations where you come out as gay".... <<<---YouTube link (appx 3mins running time) :LOL: :LOL:

"I just want you to know this is, like, the first conversation of, like, three conversations that leads to you being gay. Like, there's this, and then in a year it's like, "Oh, you know, I'm kinda gonna want to get back out there, but I think I like guys," and then there's the big, "Oh, I'm... I'm... I'm a gay guy now."

Well, I happen to think this is, like, the first conversation of, like, three conversations that leads to you being a Right wing fascist.
Like, there's this, and then in a year it's like, "Oh you know, I'm kinda gonna want to get back out there, but I think I like Fox News and Tucker Carlson," and then there's the big, "Oh, I'm...I'm...I'm a Tucker Carlson fan now, and I love fascism, and it's all the fault of Democrats."

The counter to Dan Bongino, et.al.

The vast majority of americans cannot even read and digest the primary peer reviewed science. And they're far too lazy to get up to speed on it.

Justin Rosario refers to Dore, Taibbi and Greenwald as "Shitty White Progressive Accelerationists" and says all three of them will suddenly disappear for a couple of months and then
reappear as cast iron hardcore Right wingers.

If you're familiar with the scene in "40 Year Old Virgin" about "This is one of three conversations where you come out as gay".... <<<---YouTube link (appx 3mins running time) :LOL: :LOL:

"I just want you to know this is, like, the first conversation of, like, three conversations that leads to you being gay. Like, there's this, and then in a year it's like, "Oh, you know, I'm kinda gonna want to get back out there, but I think I like guys," and then there's the big, "Oh, I'm... I'm... I'm a gay guy now."

Well, I happen to think this is, like, the first conversation of, like, three conversations that leads to you being a Right wing fascist.
Like, there's this, and then in a year it's like, "Oh you know, I'm kinda gonna want to get back out there, but I think I like Fox News and Tucker Carlson," and then there's the big, "Oh, I'm...I'm...I'm a Tucker Carlson fan now, and I love fascism, and it's all the fault of Democrats."
Taibbi is a pretty decent writer, The Great Derangement pretty much predicted Trumpism.

Dore is what Crowder will devolve into.

Taibbi is a pretty decent writer, The Great Derangement pretty much predicted Trumpism.

Dore is what Crowder will devolve into.

I used to love reading his stuff.
I was first drawn to his yarns back when he still lived in Russia, and was writing for an "underground" newspaper there.
Then he wrote "The Great American Bubble Machine" for Rolling Stone and I was totally hooked.

But something happened to him, I guess around 2014 or 2015, and although I can't put my finger on it, he seems to have
morphed somehow. All I can say is, he appears totally unconcerned about our country's lurch toward fascism, unless he can
use it as an opportunity to simultaneously defend the Right and attack Democrats.
I'm not saying that I expect him to do the opposite, I'm just puzzled that he seems to be protecting the very people he spotlighted
back in 2010.
And he has a huge stick up his ass about Dems now.
It sometimes feels as if he's dismissing the very concerns he put forth in The Great Derangement.

PS: His take on 9/11 Truthers is wholly inaccurate because it was Alex Jones who spearheaded that bunch, not the Left.
Folks I know on the Left who had theories about 9/11 simply believe that the Bush admin KNEW it was coming and decided
not to do anything about it.
And notice how quickly Alex Jones tossed all his 9/11 Truth rants into his own personal Orwellian Memory Hole the moment
Trump got elected.

Last edited:
I used to love reading his stuff.
I was first drawn to his yarns back when he still lived in Russia, and was writing for an "underground" newspaper there.
Then he wrote "The Great American Bubble Machine" for Rolling Stone and I was totally hooked.

But something happened to him, I guess around 2014 or 2015, and although I can't put my finger on it, he seems to have
morphed somehow. All I can say is, he appears totally unconcerned about our country's lurch toward fascism, unless he can
use it as an opportunity to simultaneously defend the Right and attack Democrats.
I'm not saying that I expect him to do the opposite, I'm just puzzled that he seems to be protecting the very people he spotlighted
back in 2010.
And he has a huge stick up his ass about Dems now.
It sometimes feels as if he's dismissing the very concerns he put forth in The Great Derangement.

PS: His take on 9/11 Truthers is wholly inaccurate because it was Alex Jones who spearheaded that bunch, not the Left.
Folks I know on the Left who had theories about 9/11 simply believe that the Bush admin KNEW it was coming and decided
not to do anything about it.
And notice how quickly Alex Jones tossed all his 9/11 Truth rants into his own personal Orwellian Memory Hole the moment
Trump got elected.
For all of those guys... Like Greenwald and Tiabbi their complete and justified disdain for Hillary Clinton and that neo liberal wing has put blinders on them.

I think that they got it into their head that the US had it out for Assange and railroaded him... which is also a justifiable position to take but they ignore that Wikileaks became an information laundering site for Russian Intelligence.

Thus they became professional contrarians.

I think that that is the main problem with these people.

For all of those guys... Like Greenwald and Tiabbi their complete and justified disdain for Hillary Clinton and that neo liberal wing has put blinders on them.

I think that they got it into their head that the US had it out for Assange and railroaded him... which is also a justifiable position to take but they ignore that Wikileaks became an information laundering site for Russian Intelligence.

Thus they became professional contrarians.

I think that that is the main problem with these people.

I think you're right...they cheered for the underdog so hard that they failed to notice that his own cause had been coopted.

And since all three of them are in their forties and fifties (I think) that makes them Generation X-ers, disaffected, cynical slackers who have little or no historical
first or secondhand connection to the global drift to fascism of the 20's, 30's and 40's.
Their parents were born long enough after WW2 that their only sources for personal historical accounts come from their grandparents, most of whom
died before they became old enough to fully grasp the import of their historical accounts and experiences.
Being born near the end of the Baby Boom generation, I myself barely grasped any of it until I became older and they were long since in the ground.
And of course, for me, it also didn't help that my own father, who took two Nazi bullets to his neck in the Ardennes, was both very much a workaholic absentee and very
reluctant to talk at length about his experiences. He was part of "The Silent or Greatest Generation" and not given to verbose accounts of what he fought against.

Thus for many in GenX and beyond, global fascism is mostly an illusion, or some grainy black and white Hitler films on The History Channel...it does not seem like something real
which could ever really happen again. It does not look or feel like a clear and present danger.

I wasn't a big fan of Hillary.
I admired her attention to detail but I always saw her as more of a policy wonk than as a statesman or as a president.
But it didn't matter so much once Trump appeared as a real candidate for office, because I knew about Trump starting back in the 1980's and knew what
he was all about even back then.
And Trump and Trumpism ARE the face of global fascism in the United States, but I am afraid that anyone born after 1970 does not and cannot see the patterns developing
the way older people can.
Most people born after 1970 generally don't have any living family members who had to flee global fascism forty years prior.

----I do realize that there are indeed exceptions to all of this, it's just that those exceptions ARE very much in the minority.

Dore now in damage control. His producer ended up the scapegoat. I don't buy the whole 'he just got sloppy and stupid' excuse.

I used to listen to Jimmy Dore's show on our local Pacifica station, KPFK. I stopped maybe five+ years ago when his political rants became more about his love of ranting rather than having a valid political point. He was also playing in local comedy clubs at that time.

Seeing Dore in the video is a bit disconcerting -- he looks nothing like I imagined from the sound of his voice.

Jimmy Dore is a ****ing clown who's "anti Hillary" bullshit in before 2020 helped propel trump into office. **** that guy!

Back
Top Bottom