• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sharron Angle raises more money and has more views on facebook than Harry Reid!

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Despite polling saying she has lead, some of those polls have 5-10 undecided.

Despite this, it seems she has more attraction on other issues

From Jul 16 not that out of date
Sharron Angle Fundraising Surges in Nevada Senate Race - US News and World Report

"Angle raised $2.6 million during the three-month period, topping the powerful Democratic leader, who pulled in $2.4 million.

Despite the surge in money, Angle remains at a significant financial disadvantage against Reid. She has about $1.8 million in the bank, while Reid has $9 million.

Angle's jump in donations came mostly after a come-from-behind June primary victory when she was pleading with supporters for cash to oust Reid, who intends to raise $25 million in his bid for a fifth term.

Just two months ago, Angle's campaign was $39,000 in debt.

The donations show "how much people want to retire Harry Reid
," Angle said in a statement.

Between April and June Reid spent an average of about $1 million a month, much of it on TV ads that depict the tea party-backed Angle as a conservative extremist who would gut government
programs.

That means Reid was spending more money than he was taking in. He will need to raise an average of more than $44,000 a day to reach his goal of $25 million by the November election.

Between April 1 and May 19, Angle was struggling in a tight primary race and raised only $300,000. She ended that period with $132,000 in the bank but $170,000 in debts.

Between May 20 and June 30, her donations jumped to $2.3 million.

Angle received money from 46,000 people, with an average contribution of $49. She raised $1.3 million on the Internet."

I hope she wins this election against this dreadful Reid.

Despite financial advantage, it seems Sharron Angle raises more than Reid.

AND WHY DOES REID NEED TO GO TO VANCOUVER, CANADA FOR FUNDRAISING HOSTED BY TRIAL LIARS... LAWYERS?

from Jul 13 but not that out of date

All Eyes On Nevada: Angle Leads On Twitter and Dominates Reid On Facebook | ProjectVirginia

Twitter
Sharron Angle Harry Reid
Followers 2967 2470
Following 1026 1772
Uses Hashtag Y Y
Interactions N N
Post Frequency Multiple Times A Day Multiple Times A Day
Klout 14 44

"Analysis:

On Twitter, these two Senate candidates don’t have any glaring weaknesses.

Both Angle and Reid expend a great deal of their tweets attacking one another (12 of Reid’s last 22 tweets contain the word “Angle”). However, both also mix in other content, including links about their campaign and national issues. Both tweet multiple times a day and use a lot of national and local hashtags to amplify their message.

Angle pulls ahead of Reid because she includes tweets about what she is doing offline, “Tune in on FOX now to see me on the Neil Cavuto show #nvsen#gop #tcot #teaparty” While it is easy to dismiss tweets about offline activities, I think they add value, especially when they involve being a guest on a major broadcast network like Fox News.

Winner: Angle

Facebook

Sharron Angle Harry Reid
Likes 15,429 10,973
Post Quality Good Average
Tabs* Video, Donate, Twitter None**
Post Frequency Multiple Times A Day Multiple Times A Day
Response To Comments N N

"*Anything outside of the standard Wall, Info, Photos, Discussion.

**Reid has a SMS Signup box on the left side of his page.

Analysis:

Angle dominates Reid on Facebook, due in large part to his campaign’s laziness. The first thing that stands out is the lack of creative titles placed on the majority of Reid’s posts. Every one of Reid’s posts is from Give 'Em Hell Harry | Meta Tags and Header (also a problem) and contains the verbatim title lifted from his campaign website. Facebook allows users to attach two titles to each post to make it more appealing for visitors. Angle takes advantage of this feature on nearly every post, while Reid does not.

Angle’s posts also contain better content. She includes articles, videos, charts and several calls to action. Recently, Angle encouraged her supporters to suggest her page in an attempt to reach 15,000 likes. While this may not seem like much, it has helped her gain almost 5,000 more likes than Reid.

Winner: Angle

Conclusion:

If Angle can transfer her online success to her offline campaign, she has a fighting chance to defeat Reid and the Nevada machine."

This is internet nation-wide, but still.

Ofcourse elder people usually don't blog and she'll probably get most of them. Unless Reid plays the whole "Angle wants to abolish Social-Security" thing.

Scott Brown also won in part because of the internet and he also lead on the Twitter and Facebook.

She would need to shut up first, since opening her mouth is hurting her. And I would wager much of the money she raised, is from outside the state.

She would need to shut up first, since opening her mouth is hurting her. And I would wager much of the money she raised, is from outside the state.

Money outside the state?

How much does Reid get from outside the state?

Harry Reid is openly campaigning for money from another country in Vancouver, Canada hosted by losers. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Last edited:
Just want to point out Facebook isn't a good indicator on who will and won't win an election.

There is a big push from outside Nevada to get Reid out. The bottom line, I doubt Nevada is going to elect Angle. She is a complete and total wacko. The Nevada GOP blew this race when they went with the nutjob instead of the strong candidate who might have actually beaten Reid.

Just want to point out Facebook isn't a good indicator on who will and won't win an election.

I am glad of that. The thought of "President Rush" is horrible. :mrgreen:

I am glad of that. The thought of "President Rush" is horrible. :mrgreen:

More likely it would have been President Ron Paul. When he ran everything on my homepage was in some way related to him almost.

Back
Top Bottom