• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sharing my opinion with you. Get mad.

Sparky2

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I’m going to share an opinion or two with you, and I want you to promise me that you will get mad.

Okay, we’re all agreed on that?
Good.
Let’s get started.

a. I don’t give two $hits about gay marriage.
I’m not against it, and I’m not for it.
I just know that two people ought to love and respect each other, and I also know that most people (no matter what sex they are) are too stupid and inexperienced to figure out what a loving, committed relationship even IS until they are 40 or so.
(And if you are younger than that, and you are making it work, I am REALLY PROUD OF YOU, because you are exceptional.)
But, there’s this 800 lb gorilla in the middle of the room and it is that this nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
THAT is more important than whether Jason and Jared have their wedding cake made by this bakery or that bakery.
Be glad your town even HAS a bakery anymore.

b. I don’t give two $hits about your latest tattoo or piercing.
I am sure they are very nice, and I’m glad they make you happy.
And when YOU are happy, I am happy.
But the fact remains, this nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
I have bigger things to worry about than your tribal armband thingie, or your eyebrow-piercing thingie that looks exactly like a shiny zit.

c. I don’t give two $hits what color you are.
You could be black, white, yellow, green, brown, or orange.
If you love and respect each other, work hard, give as much as you take, pay your taxes, and don’t act like a complete asshole, I am in your corner.
This nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control. Our children and our grandchildren (no matter WHAT color they are) are going to be paying the price for this current government’s fiscal irresponsibility.
Get a grip on that.

d. I don’t give two $hits whether you ride a Harley Davidson, a Ducati, or a Suzuki.
As long as you ride, you will always have my respect.
This nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
YOU at least exercise enough control to ride that motorcycle in amongst all these automobile-driving morons who insist on texting while driving, the whole while juggling a Big Mac and a large diet Coke.

e. I don’t give two $hits what TV show you watched last night, and nor do I care how good it was. Escapist crap will always be escapist crap, and it doesn’t matter whether it stars Kim Kardashian, Honey-Boo-Boo, or any number of gold-toothed rap stars. This nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
Turn the tube off for just a few minutes, and do some honest, objective research about the candidates who would presume to be your President, Senators, and Representatives in November.

f. I don’t give two $hits whether you call yourself a liberal Democrat, or whether you call yourself a conservative Republican. (I am neither, just for the record.)
I just know that this nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
All I want you to do is to go to the polls in November and vote for the men and women who will do the best job of restoring fiscal responsibility, accountability, dignity, honor, and (most importantly) INTEGRITY to the White House and the United States Congress.
If you worry more about whether they have an (R) or a (D) behind their name, (and less about whether they have a shred of honesty and resolve in their DNA and some firmness in their spine), you are a dumb-ass and a partisan-political hack.

That is all.
Thank you for your time and attention.

And oh yeah;
Get MAD.
:shock:

Hemsworth-Angry.jpg

Last edited:
I’m going to share an opinion or two with you, and I want you to promise me that you will get mad.

Good.
Let’s get started.

I just know that two people ought to love and respect each other, and I also know that most people (no matter what sex they are) are too stupid and inexperienced to figure out what a loving, committed relationship even IS until they are 40 or so.
(And if you are younger than that, and you are making it work, I am REALLY PROUD OF YOU, because you are exceptional.)
But, there’s this 800 lb gorilla in the middle of the room and it is that this nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
THAT is more important than whether Jason and Jared have their wedding cake made by this bakery or that bakery.

But the fact remains, this nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
I have bigger things to worry about than your tribal armband thingie, or your eyebrow-piercing thingie that looks exactly like a shiny zit.

If you love and respect each other, work hard, give as much as you take, pay your taxes, and don’t act like a complete asshole, I am in your corner.
This nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control. Our children and our grandchildren (no matter WHAT color they are) are going to be paying the price for this current government’s fiscal irresponsibility.
Get a grip on that.

d. I don’t give two $hits whether you ride a Harley Davidson, a Ducati, or a Suzuki.
This nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
YOU at least exercise enough control to ride that motorcycle in amongst all these automobile-driving morons who insist on texting while driving, the whole while juggling a Big Mac and a large diet Coke.

e. I don’t give two $hits what TV show you watched last night, and nor do I care how good it was. Escapist crap will always be escapist crap, and it doesn’t matter whether it stars Kim Kardashian, Honey-Boo-Boo, or any number of gold-toothed rap stars. This nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
Turn the tube off for just a few minutes, and do some honest, objective research about the candidates who would presume to be your President, Senators, and Representatives in November.

f. I don’t give two $hits whether you call yourself a liberal Democrat, or whether you call yourself a conservative Republican. (I am neither, just for the record.)
I just know that this nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt, and our inept, corrupt government is completely out of control.
All I want you to do is to go to the polls in November and vote for the men and women who will do the best job of restoring fiscal responsibility, accountability, dignity, honor, and (most importantly) INTEGRITY to the White House and the United States Congress.
If you worry more about whether they have an (R) or a (D) behind their name, (and less about whether they have a shred of honesty and resolve in their DNA and some firmness in their spine), you are a dumb-ass and a partisan-political hack.

That is all.

And oh yeah;
Get MAD.

View attachment 67204978

So I take it you want everyone to vote for Clinton right?

Every one but you and the other 90% of the US population knows we can only inflate our way out of debt.

Asset owners will mostly keep up, renters will get killed.
Invested money will grow, paychecks will struggle.

Few occupants of those categories know the difficulties ahead - they just get whacked in the head with an economic 2x4.

Good.
Let’s get started.

Get a grip on that.

That is all.

And oh yeah;
Get MAD.

View attachment 67204978

yawn.jpg

OlXvX39.gif

That's it.

Good.
Let’s get started.

Get a grip on that.

That is all.

And oh yeah;
Get MAD.

View attachment 67204978

Most of us font give two ****s whether you want us to get mad or NOT.

By the way, I've been doing this since I was eight or so, so don't give me that "20 years posting on forums crap." You're probably just old.

Good.
Let’s get started.

Get a grip on that.

That is all.

And oh yeah;
Get MAD.

View attachment 67204978

Could be me.....

The federal government likes to spend at about 20% of GDP and likes to tax at about 18% of GDP - both the party of a big federal government (republicants) and the party of a huge federal government (demorats) have agreed to this scheme (scam?) and borrow/print the difference.

Of the 535 congress critters you may vote for (or against) only 3 of them - every two years your district's House member comes up for re-election and every six tears oneof your state's two Senators comes up for re-election.

All the POTUS can do about taxaton or spending is to hope for change among the congress critters and possibly play the shut down the government game with a veto of a pork laden, omnibus sending bill. Yep, that makes me both mad and sad.

Last edited:
whether you call yourself a liberal Democrat, or whether you call yourself a conservative Republican … this nation is over $19 TRILLION dollars in debt … government is completely out of control

The debt as a percentage of GDP is the important measure. It went up sharply under Reagan and the Bushes, down under Clinton42, and has now been brought under control after spiking again after the 2008 collapse. The large deficits we ran up in those years resulted largely from revenue shortfalls associated with massive tax cut giveaways to wealthy households and an irresponsible deregulation of the financial sector. It's supply-side economic policy that created all this debt. It just happens that it's the GOP pushing it … still. A return to that policy is the real threat.

debt_perc_GDP_1966_2015.jpg

the POTUS can … hope for change among the congress critters

The president can lead and sway public opinion to influence the Congress. I'd say the issue of who's in the WH can be very decisive. An electorate that can be persuaded to follow the wise course is also critically important.

Don't get mad...but...I don't give two $hits about the national debt. We do have other priorities....such as....global warming, over population, terrorism, militarized police, corrupt media, corrupt banks and financial institutions, corrupt corporations, corrupt politicians, low quality education, low wages, widening wealth gap, extremism, etc.

That's what you're going to be leaving your grandkids.

So I take it you want everyone to vote for Clinton right?

Absolutely, emphatically not.
She's a corrupt politician, and she is the worst of a bad lot.

I wish she were in prison right now, not out on the campaign trail.

The thread is an admonition to study all the candidates, at all levels and all offices, and vote for whatever man or woman that will help to restore integrity and fiscal responsibility to our government. Some of them with have an (R) behind their name, and a few of them may even have a (D) or an (I).

It's an admonition to get out and vote responsibly, not just down some partisan-political Party-line.
And to stop obsessing over television shows, smart phone bling, Pokemon, body ink, and other such useless endeavors.

That is all.
:)

Don't get mad...but...I don't give two $hits about the national debt. We do have other priorities....such as....global warming, over population, terrorism, militarized police, corrupt media, corrupt banks and financial institutions, corrupt corporations, corrupt politicians, low quality education, low wages, widening wealth gap, extremism, etc.

That's what you're going to be leaving your grandkids.

And YOU, my good and progressive sir, are a shining example of why we are nearly $20 trillion in debt.
Think about it.

The thread is an admonition to study all the candidates, at all levels and all offices, and vote for whatever man or woman that will help to restore integrity and fiscal responsibility to our government. Some of them with have an (R) behind their name, and a few of them may even have a (D) or an (I).

It's an admonition to get out and vote responsibly, not just down some partisan-political Party-line.
And to stop obsessing over television shows, smart phone bling, Pokemon, body ink, and other such useless endeavors.

That is all.

It is not that simple of course.....knowing the relative value of things requires an education, which is somewhat hard to come by these days.

And YOU, my good and progressive sir, are a shining example of why we are nearly $20 trillion in debt.
Think about it.

I think you can thank Reagan for turning this country from a creditor nation into a debtor nation. Thirty years is a long time to be bitter over something you can't do diddly squat about, sparky. That genie isn't going back into the bottle anytime soon....so you might as well concern yourself with something you can do something about....like getting involved in sustainable green energy so your grandkids can breath clean air and won't have to go to war over oil.

It may be a useless endeavor to you, but to others it's what they enjoy; their passion.

It may be a useless endeavor to you, but to others it's what they enjoy; their passion.

Great, but playtime comes after worktime, and there is a **** ton of work to do. Lets get these youngish people doing something that helps the cause once in awhile.

If that is not too much to ask for.

:usflag2:

That is all.

So I'm guess your nothing but a Trump supporter then. Move along nothing to see here.

That is all.
Okay Sparky,

My birthday is coming up and I am looking for a new smart phone, I've had this Moto X for 3 years now. Nexus 6P I think, I'm getting old and need a big screen. Also a new bowling ball but there are so many choices. Wish me luck.

So I'm guess your nothing but a Trump supporter then. Move along nothing to see here.

Don't endeavor to fit me into one or the other of the tired, convenient boxes sir.

No, I'm not a Trump supporter either.

But I would rather vote for a rheumy, fetid puddle of dog diarrhea before I would ever vote for Hillary Clinton.
So, in the grand scheme of the 'lesser of two evils', I guess I will have to vote for Trump, if only to keep Hillary out of the White House.

But that is a bit off topic, I imagine.
The big picture is the thing.
Integrity over Party rhetoric.

Truth over the Party line.

Accountability, for God's sake.

Integrity, the truth, and accountability;
These have become archaic concepts of late.

Study all the candidates, at all levels.
Vote for whichever man or woman who embodies those three admittedly archaic notions, I guess that's what I am saying.
:peace

Okay Sparky,

My birthday is coming up and I am looking for a new smart phone, I've had this Moto X for 3 years now. Nexus 6P I think, I'm getting old and need a big screen. Also a new bowling ball but there are so many choices. Wish me luck.

I do not know what a Moto X or a Nexus 6P are, but the bowling ball seems like a healthy and valid purchase.

I don't bowl, but I do wholeheartedly support your acquisition of that new bowling ball, sir.

Back
Top Bottom