• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sharia law used in the United Arab Emirates to jail gang-raped Australian woman

Sorry dude, but I'm not going to get sucked into another discussion with you. Debating people's opinions conveys the impression that they are worthy of debate, and your opinions and statements are a loooong way off of being worthy of anything but contempt.

sorry if i don't label "dropping One-ton Bomb on civilians" a legitimate act. if that's make my opinion "contempt", i am really happy with that.

there's a saying in Persian which say:
we our self say and we our self lough, and we our self become Artist man.

Our actions of the past may have been immoral, but that does not excuse Iran's human rights abuses and belligerent foreign policy today. Saying that it does is a racist way of thinking since it denies that Persians can be held accountable for their own actions.

C'mon. That's like saying that after the US mined Nicaraguan harbours, funded and armed contra groups and engineered the downfall of the elected government, it was the expression of the will of the Nicaraguan people. It's like saying Saddam Hussein is out of power because that's the Iraqi people's democracy in action.
If you can't keep your hands off other people's business, at least man up and admit what you're doing.

wrong! we have not such a thing, maybe our government don't recognize "Bahai's religion" as a legitimate one, but it's not like go after them and execute them, in my university city, we had some Baha'is neighborhood and good part was they even openly told to "Population Census official" that their religion is Baha'i.
Human rights in the Islamic Republic of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia said:
Amnesty International and others report that 202 Bahá’ís have been killed since the Islamic Revolution, with many more imprisoned, expelled from schools and workplaces, denied various benefits or denied registration for their marriages. Iranian Bahá'ís have also regularly had their homes ransacked or been banned from attending university or holding government jobs, and several hundred have received prison sentences for their religious beliefs, most recently for participating in study circles. Bahá'í cemeteries have been desecrated and property seized and occasionally demolished, including the House of Mírzá Buzurg, Bahá'u'lláh's father. The House of the Báb in Shiraz has been destroyed twice, and is one of three sites to which Bahá'ís perform pilgrimage.

The Islamic Republic has often stated that arrested Baha'is are being detained for "security issues" and are members of "an organized establishment linked to foreigners, the Zionists in particular." Bani Dugal, the principal representative of the Baha'i International Community to the United Nations, replies that "the best proof" that Bahais are being persecuted for their faith, not for anti-Iranian activity "is the fact that, time and again, Baha'is have been offered their freedom if they recant their Baha'i beliefs and convert to Islam ..."

so i have question for you now, if Baha'i is a Subcategory of Islam, why Israel keep give them citizenship in Israel?!

If I'm not mistaken, you can retrieve Israeli citizenship immediately if you can prove you're Jewish, but they will also provide non-immediate citizenship to people of other faiths. There are plenty of Muslim citizens in Israel, too.

C'mon. That's like saying that after the US mined Nicaraguan harbours, funded and armed contra groups and engineered the downfall of the elected government, it was the expression of the will of the Nicaraguan people.
I do not believe that and I think our actions in Nicaragua were contemptible. The shift from Reagan's despicably selfish brand in foreign policy to the Bush/Clinton humanitarian wars is, in my mind, a leap forward.

It's like saying Saddam Hussein is out of power because that's the Iraqi people's democracy in action.
That wouldn't make sense because there was no democracy in Iraq prior to the invasion, and I've never heard anyone say that in my life. However, Saddam would likely still be in power if it wasn't for his constant belligerency and tyranny.
If you can't keep your hands off other people's business, at least man up and admit what you're doing.

Nothing we have done in the Middle East has been aggressive enough to warrant their anger. The 1953 Iranian coup was (wrongly) supported by us, but it was mostly an Iranian thing that, oddly, had major support from the clergy. I see no sincerity whatsoever in the Iranian government's crocodile tears over the coup, and even if they are right, it doesn't in any way excuse or justify kidnapping diplomats or supporting terrorism.

If I'm not mistaken, you can retrieve Israeli citizenship immediately if you can prove you're Jewish, but they will also provide non-immediate citizenship to people of other faiths. There are plenty of Muslim citizens in Israel, too.
Israel, like every other nation state in the world provides members of its ethnic group (even if they don't observe the Jewish faith) with automatic citizenship. Like every other democratic country in the world, you can also acquire citizenship by the usual means (being born to Israeli parents, residing in Israel for three years, etc. see here)

About 25% of Israeli citizens are not Jewish, with the Arab citizens comprising just over 20% of Israel's population.
Demographics of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wikipedia?!

"202 Bahá’ís have been killed since the Islamic Revolution, with many more imprisoned, expelled from schools and workplaces, denied various benefits or denied registration for their marriages."

202? is WIKIPEDIA (Amnesty International) sure the number is not 204? or 210? like i told you, there are thousands of Bahaí 's live in Iran, in most cities, even in my neighborhood. why a country should kill 202! followers of a faith? what's the point?!

the number is ridiculous and the rational behind this claim is ridiculous also.

come on, they don't even let Iranian pass their borders. so it is questionable for me when Israel gave and is giving many Baha i's citizenship.

wikipedia?!

"202 Bahá’ís have been killed since the Islamic Revolution, with many more imprisoned, expelled from schools and workplaces, denied various benefits or denied registration for their marriages."

202? is WIKIPEDIA (Amnesty International) sure the number is not 204? or 210? like i told you, there are thousands of Bahaí 's live in Iran, in most cities, even in my neighborhood. why a country should kill 202! followers of a faith? what's the point?!

the number is ridiculous and the rational behind this claim is ridiculous also.

come on, they don't even let Iranian pass their borders. so it is questionable for me when Israel gave and is giving many Baha i's citizenship.

Sharia law is closer than you think..

Islamic extremists call to set up three independent states in the UK that fall under Shariah law | Mail Online

202? is WIKIPEDIA (Amnesty International) sure the number is not 204? or 210?
It's probably 202, but any number around that range - any number at all, actually - is far too much for a nation to not have human rights abuses.

like i told you, there are thousands of Bahaí 's live in Iran, in most cities, even in my neighborhood. why a country should kill 202! followers of a faith? what's the point?!
You expect me to be able to rationalize the behavior of fanatics? The only way I can explain the behavior is that it is the inevitable consequence of having a government ruled in the name of religion: the country's leaders will be able to do whatever they want, and they can justify racism and discrimination in the name of said religion.

Israel doesn't discriminate on the basis of religion. It doesn't allow Iranians in likely because the two countries are in a sort of cold war with each other.

It's probably 202, but any number around that range - any number at all, actually - is far too much for a nation to not have human rights abuses.

so it's probably 202 now?! anyway, important thing is there is not such a case today.

You expect me to be able to rationalize the behavior of fanatics? The only way I can explain the behavior is that it is the inevitable consequence of having a government ruled in the name of religion: the country's leaders will be able to do whatever they want, and they can justify racism and discrimination in the name of said religion.

ok, the country leader why should kill 202! bahai i and not 205 when thousnd's of bahai'i's live in Iran right now?!

Israel doesn't discriminate on the basis of religion. It doesn't allow Iranians in likely because the two countries are in a sort of cold war with each other.
[/QUOTE]

that's what i mentioned, so why Bahai i's are excluded?! they r not Iranian?!

so it's probably 202 now?! anyway, important thing is there is not such a case today.
Please. Baha'i are still thrown in jail, and denied access to higher education.

ok, the country leader why should kill 202! bahai i and not 205 when thousnd's of bahai'i's live in Iran right now?!
The number doesn't matter. No Baha'i should have been killed at all.

that's what i mentioned, so why Bahai i's are excluded?! they r not Iranian?!

Not all are Iranian. I don't know of any specific Israeli policy that permits Baha'i Iranians to immigrate while excluding Iranian Muslims. It might be to undermine the Islamic "Republic" if that is the case.

Please. Baha'i are still thrown in jail, and denied access to higher education.

thrown in jail?! i told you we have thousands of baha'i's live here! how it is possible and even why?!

The number doesn't matter. No Baha'i should have been killed at all.

the point is not about number, it is logic behind this baseless claim (202)!, if Iranian government killed 202 Baha'i's because of their beliefs, why government have nothing to do with thousands of other bahaí s?

Not all are Iranian. I don't know of any specific Israeli policy that permits Baha'i Iranians to immigrate while excluding Iranian Muslims. It might be to undermine the Islamic "Republic" if that is the case.

or most logical justification could be this new religion has something to do with Israeli's governments.

Back
Top Bottom