• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sharia law used in the United Arab Emirates to jail gang-raped Australian woman

Isn't putting a woman who claims she was raped in prison for adultery common place in Sharia law though? Sounds like Sharia to me. How do we know they aren't moving in that direction?

No. There is a bit more to it than that. There isn't a nation on this planet that adheres to Sharia. Not one. You have a lot of nations pretending, a lot of misinformation, and a lot of professing, but there isn't a single nation and there hasn't been for a very long time that follows Sharia. Given the massive amounts of misinformation it doesn't surprise me that you would think it sounds like Sharia.

How do we know they aren't moving in that direction? Quite simple, by looking at what they are and what they are doing currently. Under a truly Islamic regime, under true Sharia UAE would be razed to the ground and yes, their leaders beheaded.

the title of this topic is a big Lie, and i am wonder how can you keep debating about something this much stupid

Sharia Laws have the Hardest rules about sexuality abuses and this topic sounded like "Sharia law encourage rape and condemn the victim"!

the title of this topic is a big Lie, and i am wonder how can you keep debating about something this much stupid

Sharia Laws have the Hardest rules about sexuality abuses and this topic sounded like "Sharia law encourage rape and condemn the victim"!

Exactly.

No. There is a bit more to it than that. There isn't a nation on this planet that adheres to Sharia. Not one. You have a lot of nations pretending, a lot of misinformation, and a lot of professing, but there isn't a single nation and there hasn't been for a very long time that follows Sharia. Given the massive amounts of misinformation it doesn't surprise me that you would think it sounds like Sharia.

How do we know they aren't moving in that direction? Quite simple, by looking at what they are and what they are doing currently. Under a truly Islamic regime, under true Sharia UAE would be razed to the ground and yes, their leaders beheaded.

Any given entire nation may not practice it to the fullest extent, but you are in denial if you don't believe there are lots of "pockets" of the population who practice this. Let's look at Iran who still stones women to death for adultery.

Any given entire nation may not practice it to the fullest extent, but you are in denial if you don't believe there are lots of "pockets" of the population who practice this. Let's look at Iran who still stones women to death for adultery.

True Sharia is all or nothing, that's part of the reason for its severity. But since you are well versed in Islam and more importantly Sharia, let me ask you, are you aware that a women has the choice to be stoned? By being stoned it takes away part of the punishment in the life after? That at any time she can choose to leave the circle and the stoning MUST cease? You knew that right?

Under what madhab are you gleaning your knowledge in these rulings? Hanafi? Shafi'i? Maliki? Hanbali? You're a faqih no doubt. No? A Sheikh? Perhaps a muttakallim? qadi? Imam? Mufti?

Your certainty stems from somewhere, please share, I am most interested...

If I have offended I apologize in advance, but I will say again not a single solitary country follows Sharia... Not a country, a group, a gang, a nothing, NONE. Those that claim they do are uneducated or their motives are alterior. Saud, Egypt, Yemen, Qatar, Malaysia, Sudan, etc, etc, etc, Kosovo, Bosnia, etc, etc, ..... NONE.

What makes you say that?

What a lot of people don't know, I mean I didn't until I learned differently is that Sharia only applies to the public sphere. What goes on in public, the private is between you and Allah. So, if you want to drink your Jack Daniels in the privacy of your own home, so long as you don't go out in public, drink in public, you can do as you please. This goes for non-muslims as well. They can drink, they can do this or that which is forbidden in Islam but IN PRIVATE. The minute it goes public, you're in deep doo doo.

A friend of mine recently came back from the UAE. He spoke of the hotels and their extravagance, he spoke of vending machines which spit out $1000 gold bars, REAL SOLID GOLD BARS from a vending machine, like a can of Coke! He spoke of the bars, the night life, etc. etc. He also spoke of despite so much wealth on display everywhere that outside these "cities of gold" is poverty beyond compare. Where a "rich man" could fit all his worldly possessions in a box and the poor didn't have a box.

The Prophet was one of moderation. He detested extremes. The Middle Path. This is the Prophet's path. It is also narrated that the Prophet didn't fear poverty for the Ummah but wealth. Wealth and the worldly which would pull people from the way of Allah.

Such abject displays of indulgence, of extravagance in the UAE which is not only allowed but encouraged would most certainly bring about the sword.

Now, what is interesting, and I know a lot of Muslims who by my own experience with them validates this is that Muslims cannot tell you you are going to hell. That is out of their providence, they would say "Allah knows". The punishment you receive from Allah is between you and Allah. However, and this gets back to the public square vs the private. Any actions you take which encourage people to fall away from Allah's path this is the duty of muslims under Sharia to prevent. That's why you can drink in private but not in public. You wear the hijab at the market but not in your kitchen. I hope I'm doing justice in my explanation and you can see this very important distinction and the misconceptions about Sharia which I have to admit are perpetuated most by the unlearned of the Ummah and then seized upon by Islam's detractors.

Now, I may be wrong, I should have stated that what I had said was my opinion, but based on my knowledge on the subject which by no means do I take myself as a scholar, merely slightly learned by comparison -- I feel as I said, would be.

Now, as I understand it, Sharia is all encompassing. The punishments cannot be exacted if it isn't all encompassing because you are punishing someone for their ignorance and you yourself (meaning those who govern) are sending mixed signals and as the custodians of what Allah has given you have responsibilities to protect virtue and prevent vice. There is no picking and choosing which laws of Sharia apply because all of it has to. So you cannot under Sharia have punishment meted out for social indiscretions all the while allow for the engaging in usury, idolatry, gambling, etc... This is not Sharia.

All of this is what I've learned from scholars, from my own reading and listening to lectures, books, etc... I could be wrong, but as far as my understanding goes, every single thing that I have said based on what I have learned is true. Others may disagree, but they'd be hard pressed to convince me on anything to the contrary.

and again if I've insulted anyone please forgive. Patience on this subject has never been a virtue for me.

I hope the liberals who believe in multiculturalism take note of such realities of different cultures.

Conservatives support dictators around the world (including the Emirates and Saudi Arabia), progressives oppose them, and you lecture the latter about condoning oppressive societies.

Typical rightwing reversomeme.

Who came up with the Kirkpatrick Doctrine again? Oh, yeah, Reagan.

Conservatives support dictators around the world (including the Emirates and Saudi Arabia), progressives oppose them, and you lecture the latter about condoning oppressive societies.

Typical rightwing reversomeme.

Who came up with the Kirkpatrick Doctrine again? Oh, yeah, Reagan.

Quit cheapening up the discussion with your left wing memes. It was an interesting discussion until you had to soil it with your usual hyper partisan bull crap.

What a lot of people don't know, I mean I didn't until I learned differently is that Sharia only applies to the public sphere. What goes on in public, the private is between you and Allah. So, if you want to drink your Jack Daniels in the privacy of your own home, so long as you don't go out in public, drink in public, you can do as you please. This goes for non-muslims as well. They can drink, they can do this or that which is forbidden in Islam but IN PRIVATE. The minute it goes public, you're in deep doo doo.

A friend of mine recently came back from the UAE. He spoke of the hotels and their extravagance, he spoke of vending machines which spit out $1000 gold bars, REAL SOLID GOLD BARS from a vending machine, like a can of Coke! He spoke of the bars, the night life, etc. etc. He also spoke of despite so much wealth on display everywhere that outside these "cities of gold" is poverty beyond compare. Where a "rich man" could fit all his worldly possessions in a box and the poor didn't have a box.

The Prophet was one of moderation. He detested extremes. The Middle Path. This is the Prophet's path. It is also narrated that the Prophet didn't fear poverty for the Ummah but wealth. Wealth and the worldly which would pull people from the way of Allah.

Such abject displays of indulgence, of extravagance in the UAE which is not only allowed but encouraged would most certainly bring about the sword.

Now, what is interesting, and I know a lot of Muslims who by my own experience with them validates this is that Muslims cannot tell you you are going to hell. That is out of their providence, they would say "Allah knows". The punishment you receive from Allah is between you and Allah. However, and this gets back to the public square vs the private. Any actions you take which encourage people to fall away from Allah's path this is the duty of muslims under Sharia to prevent. That's why you can drink in private but not in public. You wear the hijab at the market but not in your kitchen. I hope I'm doing justice in my explanation and you can see this very important distinction and the misconceptions about Sharia which I have to admit are perpetuated most by the unlearned of the Ummah and then seized upon by Islam's detractors.

Now, I may be wrong, I should have stated that what I had said was my opinion, but based on my knowledge on the subject which by no means do I take myself as a scholar, merely slightly learned by comparison -- I feel as I said, would be.

Now, as I understand it, Sharia is all encompassing. The punishments cannot be exacted if it isn't all encompassing because you are punishing someone for their ignorance and you yourself (meaning those who govern) are sending mixed signals and as the custodians of what Allah has given you have responsibilities to protect virtue and prevent vice. There is no picking and choosing which laws of Sharia apply because all of it has to. So you cannot under Sharia have punishment meted out for social indiscretions all the while allow for the engaging in usury, idolatry, gambling, etc... This is not Sharia.

All of this is what I've learned from scholars, from my own reading and listening to lectures, books, etc... I could be wrong, but as far as my understanding goes, every single thing that I have said based on what I have learned is true. Others may disagree, but they'd be hard pressed to convince me on anything to the contrary.

and again if I've insulted anyone please forgive. Patience on this subject has never been a virtue for me.

yes

because what is applied as sharia in those countries is just a bigoted primitive version of islam

God never punishes you for drinking alcohol in public ihe just advises you not to drink it because of its terrible effects

but those accused of having alcohol are clubbed 80 times in so called muslim countries even if they do it in public or at home (if they are caught drinking at home ,no way out

nothing is between you and god in this kind of sharia , arabian countries have their own traditional sharia ,a distrupted primitive version of islam which lets bigoted bloody psychos stone women to death ,beat them with stick for showing some of their hair and many examples

manhy arabian and other islamic countries differ from each othewr in that they add their own social rules or traditions to their sharia

although adultery isnt commited in public it is both banned and punished in Kuran but only if there are at least 4 witnesses of the crime

but as we see women are stoned to death or convicted

what a shame

but you make me surprised

a few months ago you had rejected what l have said about this fake sharia and claimed it was real islam

a few months ago you had rejected what l have said about this fake sharia and claimed it was real islam

I think what was previous was just a miscommunication. This has always been my position

I think was previous was just a miscommunication. This has always been my position

l remember whenever l said real islam comdemned sects and their perverted sharia you had rejected

anyway l need to search your previous posts then

l remember whenever l said real islam comdemned sects and their perverted sharia you had rejected

anyway l need to search your previous posts then

Weren't we talking about madhab's?

whatever it is, I'll take the blame, but just to be certain, as I wrote above is how I view things.

wrong, last case of such Court orders was for years ago i can't even remember when it was! why are you keep hearing about it now? to create a devil Image of Iran.

wrong, last case of such Court orders was for years ago i can't even remember when it was! why are you keep hearing about it now? to create a devil Image of Iran.

Wrong. Iran still has numerous human rights violations.

Iran

Quit cheapening up the discussion with your left wing memes. It was an interesting discussion until you had to soil it with your usual hyper partisan bull crap.

Don't like to have your cheap assumptions questioned I see. Too bad.

But it is funny you think that Lord of Planar's partisan schlock wasn't partisan. Typical.

Iran

Yeah, I wonder why Iran installed a radical government opposed to the US. I wonder if our overthrow of a democratic government and the imposition of the Shah, who tortured and killed his way through his regime has anything to do with it.

Conservatives: history started yesterday for them.

Yeah, I wonder why Iran installed a radical government opposed to the US. I wonder if our overthrow of a democratic government and the imposition of the Shah, who tortured and killed his way through his regime has anything to do with it.

Conservatives: history started yesterday for them.

Our actions of the past may have been immoral, but that does not excuse Iran's human rights abuses and belligerent foreign policy today. Saying that it does is a racist way of thinking since it denies that Persians can be held accountable for their own actions.

Iran

name one by one, i can debate on every one of them and then can compare those issue by other middle east countries especially two best allies of USA, Israel and Saudi Arabia

name one by one, i can debate on every one of them and then can compare those issue by other middle east countries especially two best allies of USA, Israel and Saudi Arabia
:lamo
You actually want to compare human rights violations in Iran and Israel?!?

You actually want to compare human rights violations in Iran and Israel?!?

sorry, you are absolutely right. it is almost impossible to compare any country Human violations on earth with Israel. maybe just in case of USA Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki during WW2.

let i name just one of them: Israeli inquiry: One-ton bomb dropped on Shehadeh house, killing 13 civilians, was ‘legitimate’

if you find in history of any country, not just Iran any other country, such a war crime, let me now. If you want to call it "legitimate act of defend!" like Israeli's officials, that is something else.

Last edited:
sorry, you are absolutely right. it is almost impossible to compare any country Human violations on earth with Israel. maybe just in case of USA Bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki during WW2.

let i name just one of them: Israeli inquiry: One-ton bomb dropped on Shehadeh house, killing 13 civilians, was ‘legitimate’

if you find in history of any country, not just Iran any other country, such a war crime, let me now. If you want to call it "legitimate act of defend!" like Israeli's officials, that is something else.
Sorry dude, but I'm not going to get sucked into another discussion with you. Debating people's opinions conveys the impression that they are worthy of debate, and your opinions and statements are a loooong way off of being worthy of anything but contempt.

Okay, let's start with the open persecution of the Baha'i religious group.

Okay, let's start with the open persecution of the Baha'i religious group.

wrong! we have not such a thing, maybe our government don't recognize "Bahai's religion" as a legitimate one, but it's not like go after them and execute them, in my university city, we had some Baha'is neighborhood and good part was they even openly told to "Population Census official" that their religion is Baha'i.

so i have question for you now, if Baha'i is a Subcategory of Islam, why Israel keep give them citizenship in Israel?!

Back
Top Bottom