• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Share your avatar

Μολὼν λαβέ

Si vis pacem, para bellum
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
There's currently a thread on user names in this forum so to go along with it I thought I would start a thread on avatars. Why did you choose yours and what does to mean to you?

I chose Punisher because it is bad a** and goes perfectly with my screen name. If you want to know what it means, check out that thread.

I also like the red Greek helmet symbol I have used before because it matches my screen name as well. ;)

Red greek helmet.png

I don't have an avatar because I think they slow load speeds/waste bandwidth (okay, it is the same reason I have no tattoos. Nothing really grabs me that doesn't turn out to be some secret gay symbol like stars or Celtic Knots. Damned gays have too many symbols. You would think they were Masons or something with all the crap they have role claimed)

Μολὼν λαβέ;1062159116 said:
There's currently a thread on user names in this forum so to go along with it I thought I would start a thread on avatars. Why did you choose yours and what does to mean to you?

I chose Punisher because it is bad a** and goes perfectly with my screen name. If you want to know what it means, check out that thread.

I also like the red Greek helmet symbol I have used before because it matches my screen name as well. ;)

View attachment 67151735

I change avatars frequently to suit my mood. My current one I like because I have almost the exact same glasses.

Next week? Who knows...

I have 3 staple avatars but I think my current one is a keeper. I'm a cat. I like to read. I'm a bit dignified. It's just psychedelic enough to match my screen name which is, of course psychedelic in its own right.

It's Littlefinger from Game of Thrones. Do I even really need a reason? ;)

tumblr_m3rggwUgZW1qkymmho1_500.gif

Mine is a thermal image a client took of me.

Mine is the character from Silence of the Lambs. He's a sick ****, and the part was played wonderfully

Mine is a thermal image a client took of me.

All this time I thought it was the "X-Ray Man!"

Mine is the character from Silence of the Lambs. He's a sick ****, and the part was played wonderfully

Now he is best known as that police captain in "Monk."

Mine is just Patrick Henry, because I admired his role during the Revolution, the Anti-Federalist fight against the establishment of the Constitution, and the effort to ensure inclusion of the Bill of Rights.

My avatar is Nikola Tesla, the greatest engineer to ever live. I will never be a fraction of the engineer he is, but I want to be.

Kitty Pride, one of the mutant superheroes of the X-Men from Marvel Comics.

I have delusions of grandeur.

mine is a dove with an olive branch, symbolizing peace. it reminds me of how i would like humans to treat each other.

View attachment 67151740

My current one. See the user name thread for the explanation about this potentially becoming a Chevy Porsche hybrid one day...maybe. This photo was taken in my driveway in Oklahoma in 95 or 96 when it ran great. It is a modified 1972 911.

I change avatars frequently to suit my mood. My current one I like because I have almost the exact same glasses.

Next week? Who knows...

I would just like to say, you have the best avatars.

Mine reflects the serious side of my personality, it also symbolises my desire for world peace and my exploration of the Mysteries.

highlander_marauder_by_shimmering_sword-d548k5f.jpg

A Marauder Battlemech from the Battletech series.

Back
Top Bottom