• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Shalom and Hello!

Tashah

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

I enjoy reading different political viewpoints... and sometimes adding to the political mix. I have dual Israeli/American citizenship and reside in Tel Aviv and DuPage County, Illinois. English, Hebrew, and Arabic speaker.

Shalom ~ Salaam,
Tashah

Welcome to Debate Politics!

I would be intersted in your perspective on the Bush administration toward Israel.

vauge said:
Welcome to Debate Politics!
I would be intersted in your perspective on the Bush administration toward Israel.

Dear vauge,
ThankQ for the warm welcome!
In response to your inquiry, I shall endeavor to be delicate and yet succinct.
When it comes to Israel, the only thing I fear more than Dubya is the Democrats.

Tashah

We had another Israeli member that has similiar opinion, but he didn't stick around after the election. :(

I learned alot about Sharon and (at the time) Arafat.

I am looking forward to your insight as well.

Tashah said:

Dear vauge,
ThankQ for the warm welcome!
In response to your inquiry, I shall endeavor to be delicate and yet succinct.
When it comes to Israel, the only thing I fear more than Dubya is the Democrats.

Tashah

What do you think of Social Democrats?

vauge said:
We had another Israeli member that has similiar opinion, but he didn't stick around after the election. :(
I learned alot about Sharon and (at the time) Arafat.
I am looking forward to your insight as well.

The good news is that per the last US Presidential election, Israeli's favored Mr. Bush over Mr. Kerry by a 48% to 29% margin (the remainder being undecided). The bad news is that since Mr. Bush considered his re-election victory a mandate, he has quietly bought into the shabby tactic of political coercion at the expense of forsight, wisdom, will, and leadership.

I look forward to your posted insights as well. Once again, my sincere thanks for your personal welcome!

Soviet_Guy said:
Are you ignoring me?

Not on purpose Soviet Guy. My ethnicity is Ashkenazic Jewish and Russian. I do remember the plight of the refuseniks and am a bit wary of anything with the word Soviet attached to it. In many ways Israel is a social democracy and I have few problems with the ideology.

This will be my last post in this particular thread as it is intended more for friendly salutations rather than political debate. Seize the day.

Too bad this was your last post. If you decide to post here again, I would be interested in knowing why you think it was that American Jews favored Kerry in the last presidential election (75% vs. 22% for Bush) which contrasts greatly with your statistics about Israelis. (Why the difference in the way Jews respond?) Also, I'd be interested in knowing if you are a settler, and the reason I ask is that they tend to be more conservative than the average Israeli in my experience.

Because they live in different countries shhh. Bush garners the support of the Israelis because he gives them lots of stuff-money and military gear mostly, and they love him for the support even though they have some concerns about the man himself. At least that is what I can understand, if I am wrong, please point it out. The American Jews get nothing from bush, that simple. Only the socially conservative jews like him, and they are dwindling in numbers in the Jewish population.

Anyways, welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing some of your posts.

Tashah said:
Not on purpose Soviet Guy. My ethnicity is Ashkenazic Jewish and Russian. I do remember the plight of the refuseniks and am a bit wary of anything with the word Soviet attached to it. In many ways Israel is a social democracy and I have few problems with the ideology.

This will be my last post in this particular thread as it is intended more for friendly salutations rather than political debate. Seize the day.

I see, hmmmm, I don't like you then, but I'm not going to go off on a rampant swearing spree. I'll be tolerant of your pro American cr*p.

Back
Top Bottom