• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sexual assault in airports

Ok - for those of us who have been legitimately sexually assaulted calling a feeling-up done in an orderly mannor to check for possible weapons is not SEXUAL ASSAULT and it's offensive to suggest it is.

The courts disagree. If you touch someone intentionally, and they are offended, that is assault. Groping of genitals without prior consent is sexual assault.

There is no unwanted for forceful exchange of sexual acts.

So you think the threat of an $11,000 fine for noncompliance is not coercion?

There is no personal pleasure derived by one part through exerting control or dominance other the other.

That's quite an astonishing statement. How can you possibly be so certain there are no perverts among the Thousands Standing Around?

It is not sexual assault - it might be uncomfortable or annoying, but it's not assault.

We'll see what the courts decide. And I will grant that not every traveler is offended or put off by the procedures; there are certainly plenty of exhibitionists and teasers who seem to actually get off on being the center of such attention.

In case someone missed this in the original post on this subject here it is again.

I am going to demand a pat down search every time I fly from now on, but I plan to insist on being patted down by a young BABE.

I understand Janet Napolitano was overheard saying the very same thing word for word.

This just came to me.

Nun Vs TSA
nun_ruler1.jpg

If you think you're going to touch MY junk Bitch? Guess again!

Last edited:
Have you flown out of Denver lately? The woman in the video clip said she was okay getting from Austin to Denver, but the hassle came on the return trip.

A friend of mine reports:

Maybe the answer is to dress like a Muslim and carry a Koran; then TSA might leave you alone for fear of a profiling lawsuit from CAIR.

Oh my GAWD!!
Napolitano: ‘Adjustments,’ ‘More to Come’ on Whether Muslim Women in Hijabs Will Undergo Airport
Homesland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano.
When asked today if she will insist that Muslim women wearing hijabs must go through full body pat downs before boarding planes, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano did not say yes or no, but told CNSNews.com there will be “adjustments” and “more to come” on the issue. “On the pat downs, CAIR [the Council on American-Islamic Relations] has recommended that Muslim women wearing hijabs refuse to go through the full body pat downs before boarding planes,” CNSNews.com asked Napolitano at a Monday press conference. “Will you insist that they do go through full body pat downs before boarding planes?”
“Look, we have, like I said before, we are doing what we need to do to protect the traveling public and adjustments will be made where they need to be made,” Napolitano responded. “With respect to that particular issue, I think there will be more to come. But, again, the goal here, you know, we’re not doing this just to do it.

If you touch someone intentionally, and they are offended, that is assault.

incorrect.
Intent is an essential element of assault.
you must intend to offend for it to be assault. if the intent is to determine if they are concealing a weapon, it is not assault. no matter how offended they are.

you are riding the subway and the train makes an unexpected sudden stop. the lady beside you starts to fall and you reach out and grab her in an attempt to keep her from falling. she gets offended for whatever reason. have you committed assault? you touched her intentionally and she was offended....

you are walking down the street and you see someone draw back a fist in order to strike another person, you grab their arm to stop them. have you committed assault? you touched them intentionally and they were offended.

you are a TSA worker and a passenger sets off the metal detector, they refuse to empty their pockets so you pull them aside for a pat down to ensure they are not concealing a weapon.

It all boils down to intent. the intention behind the TSA patdowns are not to offend anyone.

Last edited:
This whole thing is so incredibly stupid.

If the scanners are SAFE (still in doubt) then the country would be INSANE to NOT use these things. the fix is so incredibly simple...locate the screeners behind a curtain where the screener cant see the actual indivuduals with the delicate sensibilites worrying about someone looking at an xray image of their junk, run background checks on the screeners to make (reasonably) sure convicted pervs arent hired, auto dump the memory every 30 minutes (because damn...you will KNOW right away if someone is packing something)and go and use the damn things. First...ensure they arent a cancer risk. Then...for crying out loud people...

has anyone actually seen any of these body scanner images??? you can't see any details that would identify an individual anyway. It looks like the freakin blueman group. if the machines are "safe" (aka they won't give you cancer down the road) what's the big freakin deal? if you are that body conscious...stay your fat tiny wiener ass at home.

has anyone actually seen any of these body scanner images??? you can't see any details that would identify an individual anyway. It looks like the freakin blueman group. if the machines are "safe" (aka they won't give you cancer down the road) what's the big freakin deal? if you are that body conscious...stay your fat tiny wiener ass at home.

I heard you could tell if someone was circumsised or not. That you could see any sweat on their backs. That seems pretty graphic.

Well if you want your wife are girl friend to go through that, be my guest. Mine will not.

Well if you want your wife are girl friend to go through that, be my guest. Mine will not.

And thats OK...but...the alternative then (since thems the rules) is that instead of seeing an outlined shadowed image of something that apparently looks humanoid then the wife and/or girlfriend get patted down...and what is more intrusive?

Not to downplay anyones concerns...but...come on...

full-body-scan.jpg

290px-Original_body_scan.jpg

incorrect. you must intend to offend for it to be assault.
Nope. I once sat on a jury for a misdemeanor assault case, and we had to convict even though I felt the defendant was completely justified in what he did. The jury instructions were very specific.

And thats OK...but...the alternative then (since thems the rules) is that instead of seeing an outlined shadowed image of something that apparently looks humanoid then the wife and/or girlfriend get patted down...and what is more intrusive?

Well as a police officer I never had to literally fondle anyone to search them. So there is no excuse.

Well as a police officer I never had to literally fondle anyone to search them. So there is no excuse.

Not suggesting there is an excuse. Just saying...thems the rules and when you are playing on TSA's field, in their ballpark, with their rules...well...you have two choices...play the game or take take your ball(s) and go home.

Im not trying to be flippant about any of this but there is a certain undeniable reality...people ARE looking for ways to do others harm. They wear explosive panties. They have plastiques inserted rectally and detonated by cell phone. They are putting explosive compounds in their gatorade and baby bottles. And Im sorry, but if walking through a scanner prevents a 767 from being detonated over a crowded city...well...count me in for the scanning. Because you know damn good and well if they DIDNT do everything possible people would be screaming bloody murder when someone succeeds. Of all the things I dont like about Obama...I WANT him to continue taking the preemptive fight to those that would do the country harm.

Now...if we can just convince them to take border security this seriously.

Nope. I once sat on a jury for a misdemeanor assault case, and we had to convict even though I felt the defendant was completely justified in what he did. The jury instructions were very specific.

sorry, but I think my study of the UCMJ and civil law trumps your "I sat on a jury once" :shrug:

TSA isn't "fondling" anyone geez

Not suggesting there is an excuse. Just saying...thems the rules and when you are playing on TSA's field, in their ballpark, with their rules...well...you have two choices...play the game or take take your ball(s) and go home.

Im not trying to be flippant about any of this but there is a certain undeniable reality...people ARE looking for ways to do others harm. They wear explosive panties. They have plastiques inserted rectally and detonated by cell phone. They are putting explosive compounds in their gatorade and baby bottles. And Im sorry, but if walking through a scanner prevents a 767 from being detonated over a crowded city...well...count me in for the scanning. Because you know damn good and well if they DIDNT do everything possible people would be screaming bloody murder when someone succeeds. Of all the things I dont like about Obama...I WANT him to continue taking the preemptive fight to those that would do the country harm.

Now...if we can just convince them to take border security this seriously.

Giving up our privacy and rights to not be hassled and freely move around the country as we see fit is not an option. They need to come up with a better idea. F**k the government. They are supposed to serve us not harass.

TSA isn't "fondling" anyone geez

Then why has this been reported? I mean a few stories have already been passed around. It also seems Muslims females are so far getting a pass???

Were you questioned first?

I was tagged by the person checking my passport (put a green sticker on my passport to flag me) because I was acting suspiciously. Apparently looking around the room a lot while standing in line (through boredom mostly) is suspicious. The search was part of the questioning.

What are you talking about? Don't you know every TSA employee goes through a "How to grope, fondle, and molest the passengers" course?

:roll:

No, what isn't secret is the media and publics attempt to glom onto any random negative acts due to a dislike for the agency and what they do and thus negative things about them give good ratings/buys.

There are over 350 airports in the United States. Even just thinking of the 26 Cat X ones, the largest, would give a good indication though. You're looking at thousands upon thousands of TSA employees, and I say that because not only do you have many working but continual turnout at the larger airports due to the typically poor pay, hours, and working conditions in some of the places. Yet you hear of a handful of CREDIBLE stories that come out a year and it gets used to judge what must be somehow "rampant" amongst all of TSA.

Now I won't doubt one bit you'll find rude TSA people, or unfriendly ones, at the big airports. I dare say working with people where the large amount of them hate your very existance and their attitude tells you that wouldn't wear on many of you greatly either. But there's a difference between unfriendly and criminal.

You ever seen the fed govt course on sexual harassment. "unwelcome" touching?

sorry, but I think my study of the UCMJ and civil law trumps your "I sat on a jury once" :shrug:

Have you ever tried to sell that "intent is relevant" line to a civil court?

You ever seen the fed govt course on sexual harassment. "unwelcome" touching?

I have, and "intent" was utterly irrelevant.

lol.....what do you fly?

I fly corporate aircraft out of Fort Worth Texas. It just so happens that my absence is due to a broken aircraft that turned a one day trip into a five day odyssey.

I fly King Airs, Gulfstreams and Citations.

I fly corporate aircraft out of Fort Worth Texas. It just so happens that my absence is due to a broken aircraft that turned a one day trip into a five day odyssey.

I fly King Airs, Gulfstreams and Citations.

My 'rents own a kitchen/bathroom business, one of their clients works for netJets - IIRC with recieving/inventory of parts for aircraft maintainence. Being an aviation freak like I am, I got to spend much of the night there and go inside such aircraft [ sit in the seats, cockpit, etc - supervised of course ], they are nice.

[Boy was it fun, walking around aircraft, being able to see the flight tracking software without the time delay that sites like flightAware have, and walking out onto the tarmac to where the overflow parking for commercial aircraft was and getting pictures of American Eagle ERJ-145s and jetBlue E190s up close.... :D :D :D :D :D ]

Back
Top Bottom