• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sex toy sales surge during the coronavirus pandemic, helped by Gwyneth Paltrow, Dakota Johnson, Cara Delevingne and other celebrities

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
  • Attitudes towards sex and sex toys have become less conservative in part to increased exposure through social media, literature and television

• Sexual wellness brands such as Sweden’s Lelo have used this increased visibility to reframe the global conversation around sex toys, and its marketing strategy
Gwyneth Paltrow’s vagina obsession shows no bounds. After touting the benefits of jade eggs, regular vaginal steaming and scenting your home with a vagina-inspired candle, the controversial wellness guru recently unveiled her latest project – a vibrator from her wellness and lifestyle brand Goop.

She is not the only celebrity to jump on board the sex toy bandwagon. In the past year, the likes of model Cara Delevingne, actress Dakota Johnson and singer-songwriter Lily Allen have all developed or launched their own vibrators, bringing a topic once considered taboo into mainstream conversation.

So why is it that vibrators are now buzzing(pardon the pun)?
===========================================================
The most amazingly versatile sex toy is the dildo. They come in different materials: latex rubber, plastic, etc. They can be inserted into different apertures. Can be very stimulating, especially if a lover is using it on you.

Last edited:
  • Attitudes towards sex and sex toys have become less conservative in part to increased exposure through social media, literature and television

• Sexual wellness brands such as Sweden’s Lelo have used this increased visibility to reframe the global conversation around sex toys, and its marketing strategy
Gwyneth Paltrow’s vagina obsession shows no bounds. After touting the benefits of jade eggs, regular vaginal steaming and scenting your home with a vagina-inspired candle, the controversial wellness guru recently unveiled her latest project – a vibrator from her wellness and lifestyle brand Goop.

She is not the only celebrity to jump on board the sex toy bandwagon. In the past year, the likes of model Cara Delevingne, actress Dakota Johnson and singer-songwriter Lily Allen have all developed or launched their own vibrators, bringing a topic once considered taboo into mainstream conversation.

The most amazingly versatile sex toy is the dildo. They come in different materials: latex rubber, plastic, etc. They can be inserted into different apertures. Can be very stimulating, especially if a lover is using it on you.

The acceptance of sex toys has been on the rise for years. They just needed a big event that kept us in our homes with most of our social contact reduced to high-speed internet!

The acceptance of sex toys has been on the rise for years. They just needed a big event that kept us in our homes with most of our social contact reduced to high-speed internet!

As with anything mechanical like a sex toy, there are dangers. One is excess girth. I gave myself a painful & embarassing anal fissure playing with things that were just a bit too big.

As with anything mechanical like a sex toy, there are dangers. One is excess girth. I gave myself a painful & embarassing anal fissure playing with things that were just a bit too big.

Anything has its risks. Know them before you play, and have a plan of what to do if things go wrong.

Anything has its risks. Know them before you play, and have a plan of what to do if things go wrong.

I imagine ER doctors have quite a few graphic tails of what they've run into in the ER.

I imagine ER doctors have quite a few graphic tails of what they've run into in the ER.

A friend of mine used to work in a sex shop. She got some interesting questions while working there.

I ordered mine but when it was delivered it looked used.

Those people didn't help. Masturbation doesn't really need help.

I ordered mine but when it was delivered it looked used.
Yuk
ui.jpg

But in general on the subject, people having fun makes people happy, creates a better world... Keep on.

Back
Top Bottom