• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sex scandals are BS if sex is consentual.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Who care who has sex with who? If Wiener wants to show his junk all over the web who cares? If Bill Clinton has sex with a willing 21 year old who cares other than Hillary? The only time I care is if the sex is aganst someone elses will or if the politition is a family values conservatives who screams out against sin while engaging in it. I don't care if they join in on a Mongoliam cluster **** as long as they don't engage in hypocricy. It was funny many of those self righteous GOP guys who tried to fry Bill Clinton engaged in the same thing like good pld Newt the king of hypocrites.

Who care who has sex with who? If Wiener wants to show his junk all over the web who cares? If Bill Clinton has sex with a willing 21 year old who cares other than Hillary? The only time I care is if the sex is aganst someone elses will or if the politition is a family values conservatives who screams out against sin while engaging in it. I don't care if they join in on a Mongoliam cluster **** as long as they don't engage in hypocricy. It was funny many of those self righteous GOP guys who tried to fry Bill Clinton engaged in the same thing like good pld Newt the king of hypocrites.

Public figures are generally held to a higher standard, if you are not a celebrity in the Hollywood-class designation. Sex scandals are boring to me, but they are consequential for a reason.

A man that will cheat on his spouse will usually cheat in other ways too.

Come to think of it, that almost sounds like a prerequisite for a politician! :doh

Can't have extra-marital sex--means the person is a dishonest prick. Consequently, it needn't be said that all pols routinely engage in extra-marital sex.

Hence, the only thing exceptional about pols like weiner or clinton is that they were caught.

You forgot to forgive:
Thomas
Packwood
Gingrich
Foley
Vitter
Craig
Sanford

So please expand your forgiveness list or someone might think you were partisan about this.

Accept for the fact that a guy going through a divorce, or in other ways is having his personal life in a turmoil by their own making..is probably not the best candidate to run our country.

Public figures are generally held to a higher standard, if you are not a celebrity in the Hollywood-class designation. Sex scandals are boring to me, but they are consequential for a reason.

They should mean nothing as long as a crime is not commited. Why do Americans freak out over sex so much? I say the more the better.

Yes, it's obvious you don't care if your politicians are faithful (to anything) and honest. Marriage is one of the biggest promises you can make. A person who cheats on that promise, especially in a serial manner, can in no way be trusted to keep to their other major promises.

Not to mention the public resources they use [illegally] to hide and manage their affairs. Clinton used the Arkansas State Troopers to arrange and transport his girls and used his position a POTUS to conduct sexual antics in the White House. Remember she worked there, as an intern. But this wasn't the first time he used his position to gain sexual favors. Then the lies and coverups follow, and as has been true since politics was born, the the deeds taken to cover up the lies and the infidelity are what sinks them.

Clinton was a serial offender. He was unfaithful, got caught, lied, covered it up and went right on back to the same old behavior. And you expected this cheating asshat to be a trustworthy POTUS? Of course you did - he's a democrat. Had he been a republican you'd list his name with all those others your playbook says you should revile.

Yet another partisan attempt to repair the unrepairable.

You forgot to forgive:
Thomas
Packwood
Gingrich
Foley
Vitter
Craig
Sanford

So please expand your forgiveness list or someone might think you were partisan about this.

These people where all family values preachers so they where all hypocrites. Liberals never preach morality BS. Newt had the nerve to bash Bill C for the same thing he did.

Can't have extra-marital sex--means the person is a dishonest prick. Consequently, it needn't be said that all pols routinely engage in extra-marital sex.

Hence, the only thing exceptional about pols like weiner or clinton is that they were caught.

However you can get it my friend. Their are too many rules about sex. I say a Mongolian cluster **** for all.

They should mean nothing as long as a crime is not commited. Why do Americans freak out over sex so much? I say the more the better.

Has nothing to do with sex, that is the distraction the dems pushed and of course YOU bought it hook, line and sinker. Don't you ever get tired of being played for the sucker? It was about infidelity, sexual misbehavior in the workplace (the highest workplace), lies and coverups.

Yes, it's obvious you don't care if your politicians are faithful (to anything) and honest. Marriage is one of the biggest promises you can make. A person who cheats on that promise, especially in a serial manner, can in no way be trusted to keep to their other major promises.

Not to mention the public resources they use [illegally] to hide and manage their affairs. Clinton used the Arkansas State Troopers to arrange and transport his girls and used his position a POTUS to conduct sexual antics in the White House. Remember she worked there, as an intern. But this wasn't the first time he used his position to gain sexual favors. Then the lies and coverups follow, and as has been true since politics was born, the the deeds taken to cover up the lies and the infidelity are what sinks them.

Clinton was a serial offender. He was unfaithful, got caught, lied, covered it up and went right on back to the same old behavior. And you expected this cheating asshat to be a trustworthy POTUS? Of course you did - he's a democrat. Had he been a republican you'd list his name with all those others your playbook says you should revile.

What if your wife is a part of the Mongoliam cluster ****? Is it OK then? Who cares about this morality BS?

A man that will cheat on his spouse will usually cheat in other ways too.

Come to think of it, that almost sounds like a prerequisite for a politician! :doh

Yes... a politician can't by honest all the time by definition ... he/she has to ignore his own position in order to accomodate various interest groups, all the time, and different groups depending whom he's speaking too. And a successful politician can't be always honest to the public either. Think of all the military and strategic plans and issues officials have to know about, yet must never make public. And when asked about it, all they can do is lie to some degree.

So I think being a good liar (an overly loaded term for someone who will only reveal a certain amount of information in certain situations that require it to gain an advantage) is indeed a prerequisite for being a good politician (or a good CEO or union leader or whatever other major leading position).

We don't *want* our politicians to be totally honest all the time, do we? They wouldn't be good leaders.

So I guess in this sense, I indeed hold politicians to a higher standard: That means I approve of them when they get things done, stay within the law, and are good at convincing people and organizing majorities. But for the same reason, I am rather sure they'd make horrible buddies or partners on a human level and are often horrible characters.

Has nothing to do with sex, that is the distraction the dems pushed and of course YOU bought it hook, line and sinker. Don't you ever get tired of being played for the sucker? It was about infidelity, sexual misbehavior in the workplace (the highest workplace), lies and coverups.

Any way you can get it the more power to you my friend.

Yes... a politician can't by honest all the time by definition ... he/she has to ignore his own position in order to accomodate various interest groups, all the time, and different groups depending whom he's speaking too. And a successful politician can't be always honest to the public either. Think of all the military and strategic plans and issues officials have to know about, yet must never make public. And when asked about it, all they can do is lie to some degree.

So I think being a good liar (an overly loaded term for someone who will only reveal a certain amount of information in certain situations that require it to gain an advantage) is indeed a prerequisite for being a good politician (or a good CEO or union leader or whatever other major leading position).

We don't *want* our politicians to be totally honest all the time, do we? They wouldn't be good leaders.

So I guess in this sense, I indeed hold politicians to a higher standard: That means I approve of them when they get things done, stay within the law, and are good at convincing people and organizing majorities. But for the same reason, I am rather sure they'd make horrible buddies or partners on a human level and be horrible characters.

It says something they we expect, and by the way we structure things almost REQUIRE, our leaders to be dishonest, doesn't it? Bit disturbing really.

That is because dem's don't preaxch family values. The high and mighty morals the right wing do not keep their penis's in their pants.

And some day, you will grow up and fall in love. And she'll mean everything to you. In the beginning of your relationship, you will be consumed with thoughts of her. Slowly, that will develop into a deep and abiding love. You'll trust her with your heart and your happiness. You'll have beautiful children together and will marvel at their tiny fingers and toes. You'll appreciate and love your wife all the more when you see the sacrifices she so willingly makes to parent your babies. And when a little one starts crying in the middle of the night and you feign sleep, you'll be so grateful for the love your wifey has as she drags her little self out of bed to go comfort one of the kids.

You'll work hard for your family, make plans and share dreams. And then, one day, she'll come home and tell you she's been sleeping with your best friend. And your world will stop spinning.

And THEN you'll understand about character, promises, commitments and fidelity.

For one thing, Bill had an inappropriate relationship with an intern. It's not an ethical means of professional conduct. Being oblivious to that issue is not a good thing for you to begin with. Second of all, Americans are more concerned about sexual conduct. Now, despite whatever qualms you have with that, that is the social expectation for public figures. Too bad, so sad. Third, it impinged on his character. Americans in some areas, want their leaders to have what they consider "good character." Breaking marital vows is seen as a character detriment.

Now, again, I am much more concerned about political effectiveness than the affairs themselves. The scandals can impact a politician's ability to be an effective leader.

It says something they we expect, and by the way we structure things almost REQUIRE, our leaders to be dishonest, doesn't it? Bit disturbing really.

Maybe it's just the nature of power?

That is because dem's don't preaxch family values. The high and mighty morals the right wing do not keep their penis's in their pants.

They might want to give it a try as it would be better that so many children being born out of wedlock and without a father figure in their lives...

They might want to give it a try as it would be better that so many children being born out of wedlock and without a father figure in their lives...

That is why you might want to put on a condom or be on the pill before you engage in the Mongolian cluster ****.

And some day, you will grow up and fall in love. And she'll mean everything to you. In the beginning of your relationship, you will be consumed with thoughts of her. Slowly, that will develop into a deep and abiding love. You'll trust her with your heart and your happiness. You'll have beautiful children together and will marvel at their tiny fingers and toes. You'll appreciate and love your wife all the more when you see the sacrifices she so willingly makes to parent your babies. And when a little one starts crying in the middle of the night and you feign sleep, you'll be so grateful for the love your wifey has as she drags her little self out of bed to go comfort one of the kids.

You'll work hard for your family, make plans and share dreams. And then, one day, she'll come home and tell you she's been sleeping with your best friend. And your world will stop spinning.

And THEN you'll understand about character, promises, commitments and fidelity.

Tried that. She left me. I love her to this day but what does love have to do with sex? I don't think the two should be bound together.

If you're in a committed relationship, you might want to check with that person to see if they care if you have sex with others.
I'm sure parents care a great deal when their children have sex.
I'm sure Weiner's wife cares when his hot crotch is displayed for all the world to see, and I'm sure his son as he matures will care.

Some hate those nasty STD's their partners bring home, but, hey, to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom