• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sex or Lying?

Was Bill Clinton impeached for:

• Having sex

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lying to the grand jury about having sex

Votes: 26 81.3%

• Total voters
Billo_Really said:
I'll see you February 5th.

Trying to figure out how you will look in a Michael Savage or a Jerry Falwell avatar.........:2razz:

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
Trying to figure out how you will look in a Michael Savage or a Jerry Falwell avatar.......
I know what your going to look like.

hillaryplantation9mw.jpg

Navy Pride said:
Ahhh Clinton signed NAFTA and GATT.If he did not agree with them why didn't he veto them?:confused:

Nice cognitive dissonance! He signed bills that republicans voted for. Yet, he gets the blame for republicans voting for them. Incredible! Perhaps he supported the bill(s), they would pass if vetoed anyway, or he signed them as a political compromise. He was for NAFTA. He didn't have a gun to the head of the republicans who voted for it though.

independent_thinker2002 said:
Nice cognitive dissonance! He signed bills that republicans voted for. Yet, he gets the blame for republicans voting for them. Incredible! Perhaps he supported the bill(s), they would pass if vetoed anyway, or he signed them as a political compromise. He was for NAFTA. He didn't have a gun to the head of the republicans who voted for it though.

Do you know the votes it takes to overcome a presidential veto?

The republicans never had that big of a margin and you know it.......

KCConservative said:
Who called you dumb? I'll personally report them. Good thing that I only said you were "playing dumb". See:

"I think you're just trying to play dumb."

Does this mean you now understand Clinton was impeached? :2razz:

By the way, how did you know I ate chicken?

No, no, and i know you eat chicken because of your username.....KC Conservative, as in KFC. (Kentucky Chicken) eater. :2razz:

Navy Pride said:
Do you know the votes it takes to overcome a presidential veto?

The republicans never had that big of a margin and you know it.......

No, I was encompassing all of the bills that any president signs. Yes I know what it takes to overcome a veto. It has to be a bipartisan effort, as NAFTA was. You can blame Clinton for the Contract with America too.

No, I was encompassing all of the bills that any president signs. Yes I know what it takes to overcome a veto. It has to be a bipartisan effort, as NAFTA was. You can blame Clinton for the Contract with America too.

I know you did not like the contract with America but it put Clintons feet to the fire and got a lot of good things done including a balanced budget much against clintons wishes..........

If Clinton Vetoed GATT and NAFTA and the democrats sided with him there is no way the republicans could override the veto........The fact is clinton loved getting rid of jobs here in the states and sending them overseas......

Navy Pride said:
I know you did not like the contract with America but it put Clintons feet to the fire and got a lot of good things done including a balanced budget much against clintons wishes..........

If Clinton Vetoed GATT and NAFTA and the democrats sided with him there is no way the republicans could override the veto........The fact is clinton loved getting rid of jobs here in the states and sending them overseas......

How do you know I didn't like the contract with America? I have never expressed opinion about it. Clinton didn't want a balnced budget?:confused:

Here is one thing I will give conservatives credit for. They are loyal. Democrats have no solidarity. This was proven time and again during Clinton's presidency. I am not saying either one is good or bad, just an observation. I would prefer that each vote how they feel, not how their party tells them to feel.

How do you know I didn't like the contract with America? I have never expressed opinion about it. Clinton didn't want a balnced budget?:confused:

Here is one thing I will give conservatives credit for. They are loyal. Democrats have no solidarity. This was proven time and again during Clinton's presidency. I am not saying either one is good or bad, just an observation. I would prefer that each vote how they feel, not how their party tells them to feel.

That is exactly why I belong to no political party......I chose the lessor of the 2 evils......

It is obvious by your posts that you political beliefs lean hard to the left........

americanwoman said:
**** yeah I would care you frickin idiot -that would be cheating! If Bill Clinton was married to me I would have chopped his balls off. But he was talking to a jury about having sex--not his wife-- and he did not have sex with Monica. She gave him a blow job. That is not sexual intercourse, genuis.So how can I say he lied about having sex. That is not my husband- which I don't even have- so I don't really care if someone else was giving him head. It's not a personal matter for me. My boyfriend wouldn't be getting head from anyone else because I give him plenty. Do you need some pointers how to keep your man sastified?

Knock it off. The Rapist himself admitted that touching breasts or female genitalia with the intent to stimulate arousal was sex. What the hell do you call sticking a cigar into a gaping cavern...er Monica's vagina was?

The Starr Report

b. Grand Jury Testimony

Testifying before the grand jury on August 17, 1998, seven months after his Jones deposition, the President acknowledged "inappropriate intimate contact" with Ms. Lewinsky but maintained that his January deposition testimony was accurate.(23) In his account, "what began as a friendship [with Ms. Lewinsky] came to include this conduct."(24) He said he remembered "meeting her, or having my first real conversation with her during the government shutdown in November of '95." According to the President, the inappropriate contact occurred later (after Ms. Lewinsky's internship had ended), "in early 1996 and once in early 1997."(25)

The President refused to answer questions about the precise nature of his intimate contacts with Ms. Lewinsky, but he did explain his earlier denials.(26) As to his denial in the Jones deposition that he and Ms. Lewinsky had had a "sexual relationship," the President maintained that there can be no sexual relationship without sexual intercourse, regardless of what other sexual activities may transpire. He stated that "most ordinary Americans" would embrace this distinction.(27)

The President also maintained that none of his sexual contacts with Ms. Lewinsky constituted "sexual relations" within a specific definition used in the Jones deposition.(28) Under that definition:

[A] person engages in "sexual relations" when the person knowingly engages in or causes -- (1) contact with the genitalia, anus, groin, breast, inner thigh, or buttocks of any person with an intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person . . . . "Contact" means intentional touching, either directly or through clothing.(29)

According to what the President testified was his understanding, this definition "covers contact by the person being deposed with the enumerated areas, if the contact is done with an intent to arouse or gratify," but it does not cover oral sex performed on the person being deposed.(30) He testified:

f the deponent is the person who has oral sex performed on him, then the contact is with -- not with anything on that list, but with the lips of another person. It seems to be self-evident that that's what it is. . . . Let me remind you, sir, I read this carefully.(31)

In the President's view, "any person, reasonable person" would recognize that oral sex performed on the deponent falls outside the definition.(32)

If Ms. Lewinsky performed oral sex on the President, then -- under this interpretation -- she engaged in sexual relations but he did not. The President refused to answer whether Ms. Lewinsky in fact had performed oral sex on him.(33) He did testify that direct contact with Ms. Lewinsky's breasts or genitalia would fall within the definition, and he denied having had any such contact.(34)

The dude committed perjury, a felony, to avoid revealing his sexual proclivities, which includes rape. Also, not charted, Clinton's sexual activity with the Lewinski bimbo violated the federal anti-sexual harassment law he himself signed.

Only the most gullible sucked up tools of a corrupt political party can contend that Clinton didn't have sex with that fat broad. :roll:

saffron said:
He Wasn't impeached you idiots!
would someone either move this thread to the basement or make a new category called "If You Are an Idiot....!":confused:

He was impeached. Two of the four Articles of Impeachment were passed by the House.

The corrupt senate refused to convict on the charges, but that's not required to be impeached, it's required to remove the pig from office. Learn your definitions.

26 X World Champs said:
I guess you need to be reminded that President Clinton was found NOT GUILTY. An impeachment is simply an indictment. For example, if that lowlife asshole Tom DeLay is found not guilty will it be OK to act as if he was convicted?

I guess you need to be reminded that the Rapist was assessed a $90,000 fine for contempt of court (his perjury), and ...he paid Paula Jones $850,000 in an out of court settlement of the case he perjured himself on.

Why do you people defend this thing? Have you no self-respect whatsoever?

Billo_Really said:
And so it became one of the biggest bullshit chapters in our history. Impeached over a sex thing. Bush lies and kills thousands, nothing said.

Nonsense, of course.

Clinton lied, and by defending the lie he wasted the people's time, time that he could spent tracking down Al Queda and preventing terrorist attacks on our shores.

Also, the Rapist also got serviced by the Lewinski thing while he was on the telephone discussing tropp deployments with a congressman.

Billo_Really said:
I'm not up on Truman and Korea. But JFK and LBJ were just carrying the policies of the Eisenhower Administration over.

Seems like you're not "up" on Vietnam, either. LBJ took the Gulf of Tonkin incident totally out of context and LIED to the American people and Congress to vastly expand US invovlement in that hole. And that was a real lie, with knowledge beforehand that he was uttering total untruths.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Also, not charted, Clinton's sexual activity with the Lewinski bimbo violated the federal anti-sexual harassment law he himself signed.

I thought that for it to be harassment it had to be unwanted.

saffron said:
No, no, and i know you eat chicken because of your username.....KC Conservative, as in KFC. (Kentucky Chicken) eater. :2razz:
Or it could mean I am from KC....as in Kansas City. Besides, I like my chicken grilled. :2razz: Poor guy. You seem so confused.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Nonsense, of course.

Clinton lied, and by defending the lie he wasted the people's time, time that he could spent tracking down Al Queda and preventing terrorist attacks on our shores.

Also, the Rapist also got serviced by the Lewinski thing while he was on the telephone discussing tropp deployments with a congressman.

Never mind that if Bush lied about Iraq, then Clinton did too.

Clinton lied, people died.

KCConservative said:
Or it could mean I am from KC....as in Kansas City. Besides, I like my chicken grilled. :2razz: Poor guy. You seem so confused.
I'm confused?!No, you are confused. I'm not a guy. I am a woman! why else would we have avatars?:doh

I thought that for it to be harassment it had to be unwanted.
Maybe, they didn't mind it when it was happening. And then they changed their minds later. You know.....women change their minds a lot. Or they realized that they were not the only females he was groping, they got jealous.:3oops:

saffron said:
I'm confused?!No, you are confused. I'm not a guy. I am a woman! why else would we have avatars?:doh
Oh, thanks for pointing that out. Expalins a lot. ;)

Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar
Seems like you're not "up" on Vietnam, either. LBJ took the Gulf of Tonkin incident totally out of context and LIED to the American people and Congress to vastly expand US invovlement in that hole. And that was a real lie, with knowledge beforehand that he was uttering total untruths.
This is a true statement.

Originally Posted by M14 Shooter
Never mind that if Bush lied about Iraq, then Clinton did too.

Clinton lied, people died.
Al qaeda did not strike on our shores during the Clinton Administration.

Billo_Really said:
Al qaeda did not strike on our shores during the Clinton Administration.

Al Qaeda was responsible for attacks on US servcemen in Somalia.

Al Qaeda was responsible for the attacks on the embassies in Kenya and Tanzania.

Al Qaeda was responsible for the attack on the USS Cole.

Al Qaeda was responsible for the attack on the Khobar Towers barracks in Saudi Arabia.

In all those, Americans were the target, and Americans were killed. Does it matter that they weren't on US dirt?

Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar
Al Qaeda was responsible for attacks on US servcemen in Somalia.
Prove this one.

Back
Top Bottom