• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sex or Lying?

Was Bill Clinton impeached for:

• Having sex

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lying to the grand jury about having sex

Votes: 26 81.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Despite it being so long ago, it seems this silly debate continues. So which is it?

KCConservative said:
Despite it being so long ago, it seems this silly debate continues. So which is it?

Having sex (as he did) isnt a crime.
Perjury, however, is.
And so, he was impeached for perjury.

I shouldn't get started on this, but Clinton was impeached because of the republicans' fanatical lust for power at any expense to our nation.

Clinton was impeached because a dirty and biased prosecutor, who failed to find any wrong doing on a bogus real estate case, happened upon a sexual impropriety.

Clinton was impeached because biased members of the Supreme Court erroneously ruled that a civil court case be allowed to proceed against a sitting president...rather then realizing the greater good for our nation is to have a President not tied up in civil court proceedings, but to grant a "stay," or delay, to this civil case until after the President fullfills his constitutionally elected duties.

If they can impeach Clinton for lying about a perfectly legal sexual impropriety, and they can threaten impeachment of Nixon for his coverup in the Watergate scandal, then Bush should be impeached 10 times over for his lying to the American public about taking our nation to war, his lying about the leaking of Plame, and his lying about his association with Abramoff, among many other lies...too numerous to mention here.

Hoot said:
I shouldn't get started on this, but Clinton was impeached because of the republicans' fanatical lust for power at any expense to our nation.

Clinton was impeached because a dirty and biased prosecutor, who failed to find any wrong doing on a bogus real estate case, happened upon a sexual impropriety.

Clinton was impeached because biased members of the Supreme Court erroneously ruled that a civil court case be allowed to proceed against a sitting president...rather then realizing the greater good for our nation is to have a President not tied up in civil court proceedings, but to grant a "stay," or delay, to this civil case until after the President fullfills his constitutionally elected duties.

If they can impeach Clinton for lying about a perfectly legal sexual impropriety, and they can threaten impeachment of Nixon for his coverup in the Watergate scandal, then Bush should be impeached 10 times over for his lying to the American public about taking our nation to war, his lying about the leaking of Plame, and his lying about his association with Abramoff, among many other lies...too numerous to mention here.

NO... He was impeached for lying ... Geezzz it says it right in the papers filed for impeachment. He should have been impeached for doing nothing after an act of war was commited against our nation. But hey thats just my opinion

Hoot said:
Bush should be impeached 10 times over for his lying to the American public about taking our nation to war, his lying about the leaking of Plame, and his lying about his association with Abramoff, among many other lies...too numerous to mention here.

Please provide the details of the investigation and the subsequent lie that Bush told under oath, perjuring himself. When you can do that, you'll have an argument. Thanks.

Well he did lie about it but since he did not actually have "sexual relations" I can't say he lied about sex because I guess I don't consider a blow job sex.

americanwoman said:
Well he did lie about it but since he did not actually have "sexual relations" I can't say he lied about sex because I guess I don't consider a blow job sex.

Well..gee..err...ahh...what are you doing Saturday night?

americanwoman said,"Well he did lie about it but since he did not actually have "sexual relations" I can't say he lied about sex because I guess I don't consider a blow job sex."

So you wouldnt care if you came home and the neighbor woman was in your bedroom servicing your husband by giving him a blow job?

Man Iv'e heard it all.

doughgirl said:
americanwoman said,"Well he did lie about it but since he did not actually have "sexual relations" I can't say he lied about sex because I guess I don't consider a blow job sex."

So you wouldnt care if you came home and the neighbor woman was in your bedroom servicing your husband by giving him a blow job?

Man Iv'e heard it all.

**** yeah I would care you frickin idiot -that would be cheating! If Bill Clinton was married to me I would have chopped his balls off. But he was talking to a jury about having sex--not his wife-- and he did not have sex with Monica. She gave him a blow job. That is not sexual intercourse, genuis.So how can I say he lied about having sex. That is not my husband- which I don't even have- so I don't really care if someone else was giving him head. It's not a personal matter for me. My boyfriend wouldn't be getting head from anyone else because I give him plenty. Do you need some pointers how to keep your man sastified?

americanwoman said:
servicing my boyfriend:lol:

Your boyfriend has the Avian flu, or some such ailment and asked me to...(ahem) fill-in. LOL!

Sorry...I'll stop...I am a gentleman.

Hoot...:...I shouldn't get started on this, but Clinton was impeached because of the republicans' fanatical lust for power at any expense to our nation.

Sounds like me ! The Republicans should hang their heads in shame over this one.. As a citizen , I cannot hold the Republicans or the Democrats in very high esteem..
We need to have a higher caliber of men in politics; the whole election process must be reformed..

He Wasn't impeached you idiots!
would someone either move this thread to the basement or make a new category called "If You Are an Idiot....!":confused:

Last edited:
americanwoman said:
**** yeah I would care you frickin idiot -that would be cheating! If Bill Clinton was married to me I would have chopped his balls off. But he was talking to a jury about having sex--not his wife-- and he did not have sex with Monica. She gave him a blow job. That is not sexual intercourse, genuis.So how can I say he lied about having sex. That is not my husband- which I don't even have- so I don't really care if someone else was giving him head. It's not a personal matter for me. My boyfriend wouldn't be getting head from anyone else because I give him plenty. Do you need some pointers how to keep your man sastified?

using your vernacular
your logic is retarded you freakin idiot

are you saying a pervert can get oral from a 10 year old because it is not sex?
are you saying all those priests did nothing wrong, atleast the ones who only had oral with little boys
if you have contact with a sexual organ, and achieve orgasm you just had sex
hell even if a man gets blue balled because the skank would not complete the act, they still engaged in sex
whether it is intercourse ORAL SEX or anal
notice what it is called, ORAL SEX?
ITS SEX YOU RUBBER

you must be one of those people who doesn't think prostitutes are prostitutes when they say the money they are paid is just for conversation, and any other acts that are commited are a bonus, and not a result of payment for those services
:roll: :doh
where do they grow people like you?

query- was this moved to the basement yet, cause if not, it is over due

saffron said:
He Wasn't impeached you idiots!
would someone either move this thread to the basement or make a new category called "If You Are an Idiot....!":confused:
Interesting. Maybe you could explain this:

President Clinton Impeached
Behind a backdrop unique in historical terms, on Saturday 19 December 1998, President William Jefferson Clinton was impeached by the United States House of Representatives, becoming only the second President in U.S. History, and the only man popularly elected as President to have been so charged.
The House voted 228 to 206 to approve proposed Article I of Impeachment (Perjury before a Federal Grand Jury), and voted 221 to 212 to approve proposed Article III of Impeachment (Obstruction of Justice).

and this:

Clinton Impeached
A bitterly divided House of Representatives voted largely along party lines today to impeach President Clinton, approving the first article of impeachment that charges him with providing perjurious, false and misleading testimony to a federal grand jury.
The House has passed the first article of impeachment, charging the president with perjury in his federal grand jury testimony, and must still consider two more accusing Clinton of obstruction of justice and abuse of power

and this:

In 1998, as a result of issues surrounding personal indiscretions with a young woman White House intern, Clinton was the second U.S. president to be impeached by the House of Representatives. He was tried in the Senate and found not guilty of the charges brought against him. He apologized to the nation for his actions.

Now, what were you saying about idiots?

:2wave:

Last edited:
DeeJayH said:
using your vernacular
your logic is retarded you freakin idiot

are you saying a pervert can get oral from a 10 year old because it is not sex?
are you saying all those priests did nothing wrong, atleast the ones who only had oral with little boys
if you have contact with a sexual organ, and achieve orgasm you just had sex
hell even if a man gets blue balled because the skank would not complete the act, they still engaged in sex
whether it is intercourse ORAL SEX or anal
notice what it is called, ORAL SEX?
ITS SEX YOU RUBBER

you must be one of those people who doesn't think prostitutes are prostitutes when they say the money they are paid is just for conversation, and any other acts that are commited are a bonus, and not a result of payment for those services
:roll: :doh
where do they grow people like you?

query- was this moved to the basement yet, cause if not, it is over due

OK- those guys are sick pervs who are CHILD MOLESTORS!! people who get paid for sex are prostitutes. If two people want to engage safe sex whats it to you? what never had your dick sucked and your just hatin? and whats up with all the gay child references? what brought that in?

Hoot said:

Nothing invokes the frenzied lie machine that is the left quicker than daring to be so evil as to question the most corrupt president since Warren Harding. Where do they find hysterics like this. You are right, you shouldn't get started on this. :roll:

Are there any liberals in here who would like to respond with something vaguely involving accuracy, honesty, or sensibility?

I do happen to beleive that Clinton was investigated for things other than sex, but he was clearly impeached for lying.

Republicans were doing a civic duty by finding a way to get this corrupt traitor out of office.

Just for starters, let's go over some of the reasons Republicans (and anyone else who gave a crap about the future of America) had for wanting this treasonous career felon out of office...

-He was a habitual sexual harrasser (unless EVERY SINGLE woman who accused him was lying-vast right wing conspiracy :roll: )

-He used his IRS and Justice department to intimidate and harrass three of his victims when they filed charges against him.

-He took bribes from Communist China in exchange for "increasing trade" with them, which sent our manufacturing jobs over there by the boatload.

-He railroaded a retard to the gas chamber to look less liberal when running for president.

-He was accused of rape. Notice how, unlike irresponsible liberal sheep, I stated this as an ACCUSATION instead of as a fact? THAT is what I mean when I say Republicans operate on facts, evidence, and Democrats operate on hysteria and conspiracy theories-as Hoot demonstrated so beautifully for us.

-He signed NAFTA-screwing over the working man.

-He gave us record high tax hikes-screwing over the working man.

-He appeased North Korea while they developed a nuclear arsenal.

-He had a knife to the wrist of the working man with the Kyoto treaty, which, thankfully, Bush stopped before it killed thousands of jobs-screwing the working man.

-He took a bribe from ADM Milling (and MULTITUDES of others) and then, THE NEXT DAY, ordered 10% of the country to use ethanol fuel-which made ADM Milling millions.

-He made Bin Laden into a hero by retreating from him in Somalia.

-He let Al Queda attack us for nearly a decade with impunity (using the same laws Democrats are trying to get us back to using now-Pre 9/11 mindset anyone?).

These are just off the top of my head. I know there are many more. Barbara Olsen wrote entire books about his horrific abuses of power before she was killed by his policies on 9/11/

Who cares what they finally brought him down with? They got Al Capone on tax evasion, but it BADLY needed to be done.

Last edited:
americanwoman said:
OK- those guys are sick pervs who are CHILD MOLESTORS!! people who get paid for sex are prostitutes. If two people want to engage safe sex whats it to you? what never had your dick sucked and your just hatin? and whats up with all the gay child references? what brought that in?

your logic is so flawed, you can not even grasp it?

If oral sex is NOT sex than having oral sex with a child is not a sex crime, by your 'logic'

HELLO

KCConservative said:
I guess you need to be reminded that President Clinton was found NOT GUILTY. An impeachment is simply an indictment. For example, if that lowlife asshole Tom DeLay is found not guilty will it be OK to act as if he was convicted?

26 X World Champs said:
I guess you need to be reminded that President Clinton was found NOT GUILTY. An impeachment is simply an indictment. For example, if that lowlife asshole Tom DeLay is found not guilty will it be OK to act as if he was convicted?
I didn't say or act like he was convicted. I said he was impeached, which he was. He was impeached in the House and remained in office. Look it up, champs. He was impeached and it makes you crazy. There's nothing you can do about it. You can't turn back time. Your hero lied to a federal grand jury, under oath, and it breaks your heart. Sorry, man.

Last edited:
KCConservative said:
He was impeached and it makes you crazy. There's nothing you can do about it. You can't turn back time. Your hero lied to a federal grand jury, under oath, and it breaks your heart. Sorry, man.
Do people in Red States have a problem with the TRUTH? He was found NOT GUILTY...are you able to grasp what NOT GUILTY means?

Let me guess you think Not Guilty means Guilty?

One more question? If it's proven that Don Vito Bush has lied should he be impeached? I seem to recall extreme right wingers such as yourself claimed that Clinton was impeached not for having sex but for lying? So if Bush lied, then what?

26 X World Champs said:
Do people in Red States have a problem with the TRUTH? He was found NOT GUILTY...are you able to grasp what NOT GUILTY means?

Let me guess you think Not Guilty means Guilty?

One more question? If it's proven that Don Vito Bush has lied should he be impeached? I seem to recall extreme right wingers such as yourself claimed that Clinton was impeached not for having sex but for lying? So if Bush lied, then what?

Guilty or not guilty does not have anything to do with impeachment. This is hysterical. He was impeached, champs. Sorry, man. To answer your question, if Bush ever lies and perjures himself while under oath to a grand jury, then yes, he should be impeached too. Keep us posted, champs. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom