• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sex/Gender free law

I don't get the question? Laws aren't based on the sex of a person. 14th amendment precludes it.
Try telling that to the people who want to make laws denoting what sex combinations can and cannot get married, or who want to try to control restroom and locker room access via law.

Try telling that to the people who want to make laws denoting what sex combinations can and cannot get married, or who want to try to control restroom and locker room access via law.
Sex combinations are not a consideration for marriage. I'm not familiar with bathroom access laws?

They are a genetic aberration.

yes, I take the position of biology/science.
Your self esteem is off the charts. Your grip on reality? Not so much.

I hope this exercise has limits. If male and female were removed from code, the people in my field would have a difficult time determining what to do with electrical connections.

Your self esteem is off the charts.
Huh? This has nothing to do with my self esteem or with me. I'm simply pointing out biology.
Your grip on reality? Not so much.
I'm sorry that you think biology is not reality. It is, and doesn't care about your feelings.

I hope this exercise has limits. If male and female were removed from code, the people in my field would have a difficult time determining what to do with electrical connections.
Limited to persons, and not applicable to other uses of the words in different context.

Huh? This has nothing to do with my self esteem or with me. I'm simply pointing out biology.

I'm sorry that you think biology is not reality. It is, and doesn't care about your feelings.
Biology is science. Science can be proven or disproven. What you are ranting about is your take on biology, not biology.
"Sex can be much more complicated than it at first seems. According to the simple scenario, the presence or absence of a Y chromosome is what counts: with it, you are male, and without it, you are female. But doctors have long known that some people straddle the boundary—their sex chromosomes say one thing, but their gonads (ovaries or testes) or sexual anatomy say another. Parents of children with these kinds of conditions—known as intersex conditions, or differences or disorders of sex development (DSDs)—often face difficult decisions about whether to bring up their child as a boy or a girl. Some researchers now say that as many as 1 person in 100 has some form of DSD."

Which reminds me, you never responded to my question on someone who has XXY chromosomes. What are they, male or female?

Biology is science. Science can be proven or disproven. What you are ranting about is your take on biology, not biology.
uh, no. Biology clearly shows that your chromosomes determine your sex. Not your feelings.
"Sex can be much more complicated than it at first seems. According to the simple scenario, the presence or absence of a Y chromosome is what counts: with it, you are male, and without it, you are female. But doctors have long known that some people straddle the boundary—their sex chromosomes say one thing, but their gonads (ovaries or testes) or sexual anatomy say another. Parents of children with these kinds of conditions—known as intersex conditions, or differences or disorders of sex development (DSDs)—often face difficult decisions about whether to bring up their child as a boy or a girl. Some researchers now say that as many as 1 person in 100 has some form of DSD."

Which reminds me, you never responded to my question on someone who has XXY chromosomes. What are they, male or female?
I've already addressed the fact that XXY is a genetic aberration, and is an tiny fraction of a percentage of cases. The simple biological fact remains, if you are born a male (determined solely by chromosomes) it doesn't matter how many hormone supplements you take, how large breast implants you get, or what appendages you cut off, you are and will forever remain a male.

uh, no. Biology clearly shows that your chromosomes determine your sex. Not your feelings.

I've already addressed the fact that XXY is a genetic aberration, and is an tiny fraction of a percentage of cases. The simple biological fact remains, if you are born a male (determined solely by chromosomes) it doesn't matter how many hormone supplements you take, how large breast implants you get, or what appendages you cut off, you are and will forever remain a male.
So, people with genetic aberrations do not have a sex? If it's only a small fraction it just doesn't count in science? That's not how science works.

So, people with genetic aberrations do not have a sex?
no, they are by definition aberrations
If it's only a small fraction it just doesn't count in science? That's not how science works.
that's called a strawman. They are a specific class, which consists of a genetic aberration.

that's called a strawman. They are a specific class, which consists of a genetic aberration.
What's their class? Scientists call them genetic aberrations? (They don't). Even at 1-2% of Americans (generally accepted totals), you are calling 3.3 to 6.6 million Americans genetic aberrations? That's not what they are, that's what happened to their chromosomes. Come on, I know you can type it.

What's their class?
genetic aberrations, just like downs syndrome.
Scientists call them genetic aberrations? (They don't). Even at 1-2% of Americans (generally accepted totals), you are calling 3.3 to 6.6 million Americans genetic aberrations?
yes. they are by definition, genetic aberrations. Reality doesn't change because that triggers you.
That's not what they are, that's what happened to their chromosomes. Come on, I know you can type it.
yes, that is exactly what they are, by definition.

Well then, by this definition they get to go into either restroom they wish. They are neither male nor female.

Sex combinations are not a consideration for marriage.

I missed this earlier on my phone. There were plenty of laws being proposed to make sex combinations a consideration for marriage.

I'm not familiar with bathroom access laws?

Did you miss the whole transgender restroom issues where several states tried to make laws that restricted access to them based upon sex?

Name one actual law that is on the books now. It's not that hard.
Selective service law. Men are required to register, but not women.

Selective service law. Men are required to register, but not women.

That's intentional. If at some point, we decide to change it, we'll change THAT law.

That's intentional. If at some point, we decide to change it, we'll change THAT law.

Any law that specified one sex or another would be intentional. Null argument.

I missed this earlier on my phone. There were plenty of laws being proposed to make sex combinations a consideration for marriage.
which are unconstitutional. this has been settled by the supreme court.
Did you miss the whole transgender restroom issues where several states tried to make laws that restricted access to them based upon sex?
so which states and which laws are you referencing? Private property can do what they want regarding bathrooms. One gender, 2 genders or no genders.

which are unconstitutional. this has been settled by the supreme court.

But had not been settled at the time. The proposed law would prevent any attempt at such for any future situation.

so which states and which laws are you referencing? Private property can do what they want regarding bathrooms. One gender, 2 genders or no genders.
NC is the one that sticks out in my head without looking anything up, mostly because my daughter lives there, but I know there were others. And while I agree with you that private property can set them up as they like, that didn't stop state legislatures from trying to mandate what said private properties can do. Probably under that BS "public accommodation" status.

But had not been settled at the time. The proposed law would prevent any attempt at such for any future situation.
It's already precluded and would take an amendment to implement.
NC is the one that sticks out in my head without looking anything up, mostly because my daughter lives there, but I know there were others. And while I agree with you that private property can set them up as they like, that didn't stop state legislatures from trying to mandate what said private properties can do. Probably under that BS "public accommodation" status.
I would be against the govn't making such a law

It's already precluded and would take an amendment to implement.

I would be against the govn't making such a law
I would be as well. And my proposal preempts any further attempt to do so, while still allowing a private business to make their own decisions.

Back
Top Bottom