• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sex education in schools

In regards to the recent "Teenage Daughter" comment. I have teenage daughter and I'd say we should have the discussion (not sure I see the need for showtime here) of blowjobs taking place inside the classroom with the teacher present. Because I know it's taking place outside the classroom, in the halls on the bus etc... But in our home we had this talk at home one on one at around age 12. My wife talked to our daughter and from what I understand my wife said it was all very calm and pleasant. Daughter asked some fairly basic and some pointed questions. We then took her to a Rolling Stones concert and got her drunk (ok I'm kidding about the drunk part.)

LiberalFinger, you're right. Vauge brought it up. Conservative? If he were a true conservative he would have already moved this crap to the adult corner. Joeo, I CAN expect my daughter to accept that because my wife and I have a relationship with her. We do not shelter her from things she needs to know. She knows that sex at her age is freaking painful. There's nothing fun about it for a girl. She knows that carrying a child for nine months is painful. She knows what a hindrence it would be to parent a child at her age. She will not succomb to the pressures of some punk because she is proud and independent. And give me a *@^%>...break, you think there's a kid out there in high school that gives a rats ass about your daughters feelings? He's after one thing and you've already admitted that in your writing. Pacridge, sounds like you've got the right idea at home.

Rainman I don't know where to start on this one. First off, I think schooling is pretty relevant to all ages and especially sex ed so the adult corner is unnecessary. Secondly, who are you to say that sex at her age is painful? Are you a girl, and have you had sex at that age? How do you know it's "not fun" for the girl? How come all you seem to do is assume that all guys in high school are out to bang every single girl and worry about the consequences later? YOU give me a freaking break. Stop being so ignorant and speaking for the age generation I BELONG TO.

Secondly, who are you to say that sex at her age is painful? Are you a girl, and have you had sex at that age? How do you know it's "not fun" for the girl?

LOL...

Being a guy - you have the best of both worlds. It doens't hurt, and you don't have to understand how it feels before it feels good to you. You automatically ASSUME that awesome feeling is mutual. Sorry man, the differences are much greater than "innie or outie". It is normally painful for girls thier first experiences.

Feel free to look it up.

Pacridge said:
Rainman, You really believe girls don't find sex fun and interesting?
I think what he was attempting to say is that girls first expierences are not fun due to physical limitations.

I'm not discounting it, I'm just saying he's a guy, and I don't care to hear it from him. Mainly because he isn't a girl. (at least I hope he isn't...)

vauge said:
I think what he was attempting to say is that girls first expierences are not fun due to physical limitations.
Oh, Ok I get just wanted to make sure because every girl I've been with said it was great!

Cudos to Rainman and the way he is raising his daughter. He is doing a great Job by letting her know the truth. I'm a little in awe of Rainmans daughter because I went shooting with her and she was a better shot then the whole group of dikheads that had ventured out that day to fire some lead.

Back to the subject at hand. I remeber Sex Ed in school I got it in 6th grade biology class. It was to the point, reproductive health and safety. I was 12 years old. My Dad had already given me the talk regarding the consequences of my actions. However he also instilled a since of value and responsibility that the school never could have and I don't beleive they can.
I relize that times have changed and Kids are exposed to much more, much earlier than when I was a teen spanking my monkey to playboy. However I think it is the parents reponsibilty to raise their kids and explain to them the emotional, phsysical, etc ramifications of sex. I relize most teens are going to have sex and I think the school should teach a sex ed class to 12 yr olds. However they should stick to the facts. The dangers associated with sex as well as the only guernteed way to protect from STDs or pregnancy is abstinence.

heyjoeo
How come all you seem to do is assume that all guys in high school are out to bang every single girl and worry about the consequences later? YOU give me a freaking break
Heyjoeo are you a homo? Its okay if you are. Its just I don't know a guy in highschool who isn' trying to bang every single girl unless he would rather bang the football team.

*CACKLE* CSA, you sir are a dick. (meant with love and respect)

but seriously. . .

Heyjoeo are you a homo? Its okay if you are. Its just I don't know a guy in highschool who isn' trying to bang every single girl unless he would rather bang the football team.
Not all guys in high school are out to bang every chick they can. I wasn't. I've got pictures to prove my heterosexuality. (don't get me started on how cool I think my son is.)

And as for your attitude towards sex ed in school. Hell ya. Absolutely. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Hell, I'll even use your words.

they should stick to the facts. The dangers associated with sex as well as the only guernteed way to protect from STDs or pregnancy is abstinence.
I beleive that it is imperative to educate todays youth that the ONLY way to be 100% succesful at preventing STDs and pregnancy is to practice abstinance, however, we would be remiss to ignore discussing condoms.

I beleive it was brought up like this in my sex ed class.

The pill is 0% effective at preventing sexually transmitted diseases. Condoms are 97% effective and require special handling to insure no transmission of bodily fluid. Condoms break. Condoms slip off. Condoms will NEVER be more affective at protecting you from AIDS than abstinance.

I can't think of any better way to present the cold hard reality than that. It doesn't condone or glorify sex, but at the same time, it lets the student know that without condoms, you're taking your life into your own hands. With condoms, your taking your life into your own rubber coated hands. With abstinance, you can be sure that you didn't get AIDS from sex.

And that's what we're really talking about here folks. I'm sure that all of us here, even the younger generation, does not want our children to run afoul morally, but at the same time, we want them protected and educated.

We can teach our children morals. Pardon me for getting religious for a moment, but we have a mandate from God to insure that we do everything in our power to raise our children right. We cannot trust the schools to teach morality, however, we trust them to teach them hard scientific facts. I say let them do their jobs and we'll do ours.

You are also naive. I find it hilarious that Rainman's daughter is raised in such a fine home, going out to hunt. That's bloody hilarious. Maybe you should spend less time teaching your kid about sex ed and more time worrying about the violence.

One major thing I always see in arguments with Rainman and CSA especially is that all they seem to do is bash sex and never give the child a chance to live their life. Sure AIDS is a big problem, but its not likely that you will meet a girl in high school that is a virigin, sleep with her, and get AIDS. The only problem is pregnancy. What do you do? Teach them the importance of using a condom (or show them how to do it properly) and let them make their own decisions about their lives. You are their for guidance, not living their lives for them.

On a side note, You don't need God to know that raising children properly is the moral thing to do.

Re: Change of description.

heyjoeo said:
Sure, I see nothing wrong with sex for fun though ;-)

Ok, this is one of the dumbest things that I heard anyone say in this forum. I would have to say that I think you know what you are talking about when it comes to most political topics, but this is just pure stupidity.

Are you aware of the conseqences? AIDS, herpies, genital warts, or pregnancy? We are talking about young children here. How would you feel if your twelve year old girl came home pregnant?

I beleive that if a child doesn't know how sex works he won't try it. So I disagree with sex Ed. in schools.

P.S. Its a proven fact that 7 out of 10 people who have sex more than 3 times a month will get an STD in their life time.

Last edited:

Mr.America said:
P.S. Its a proven fact that 7 out of 10 people who have sex more than 3 times a month will get an STD in their life time.
So then I've had STD's how many times? Oh, right, never. This makes no sense. So much for "proven facts."

Didn't catch that Pac... lol

Mr America said:
Its a proven fact that 7 out of 10 people who have sex more than 3 times a month will get an STD in their life time.
Well, I am married....(filll in blank however you want)... so I must be safe right?

um... does solo count? :eek:

Pacridge said:
So then I've had STD's how many times? Oh, right, never. This makes no sense. So much for "proven facts."

I geuss you are the 3 out of 10 then. Lucky you. :boom

Good parenting IS the solution to this problem. Don't universally say who or what is correct. Let the parents teach what they think is best for their children.

Well, I am married....(filll in blank however you want)... so I must be safe right?

um... does solo count?
Vauge, You and I both have sexually transmitted diseases. They're called children. (j/k)

I beleive that if a child doesn't know how sex works he won't try it.
Sexual reproduction is a hard-wired instinct.

When was sex education brought into educational curriculum? and What did the human race do before then?

Sex was more highly respected, chastity cherished, and fidelity valued more highly than today.

Where did we go so wrong as to have to begin teaching it in our schools?

Back
Top Bottom