• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Several people injured in shooting at Florida gay club[W:133:159:195:317]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Several people injured in shooting at Florida gay club

Jesus Christ. And this is just 2 days after Christina Grimmie's shooting incident.

There are multiple reports of dead bodies at the scene.
Sky reports there was more than one shooter.

Orlando PD did a controlled explosion a few minutes ago (according to their twitter). Odd thing was they are only updating the media via twitter currently after calling off a planned media briefing.

WESH 2 has a live stream if looking for coverage (not sure what national channels are doing it, only know of WESH as BBC quoted one of their reporters on scene):
Watch WESH 2 News | Local News - WESH Home

EDIT: In a bit of good news, if there is any in a case like this, it looks like ORMC is close to the crime scene. Checked it on a map, it's less then a mile away from the club.

Last edited:

Latest update from Orlando Police, this is a mass casualty situation and the shooter inside the club is dead.

Could be gang related. I haven't heard of bomb vests and hostages. But no one knows at this point..

Gay club... controlled explosion, mass casualties... it is terror.

First media briefing at 7am EDT (11:00 UTC).

Why the strict gagorder?

Why the strict gagorder?

No idea, they've been sharing via twitter at least. Can understand not wanting e-mails/phone calls but not sure why the original briefing was called off, hopefully they'll explain during this upcoming one.

No idea, they've been sharing via twitter at least. Can understand not wanting e-mails/phone calls but not sure why the original briefing was called off, hopefully they'll explain during this upcoming one.
I believe we all have an idea, but prudence is a virtue after all.

Just tuned back (waiting for the briefing), but sounds like the lockdown/potential lockdown at ORMC is over, family/friends being allow in to get information according to WESH.

Are another slaughter, you Yanks certainly know how to put on a good show with your crazy gun laws, on a score of one to ten I give it a 7, but I know some crazy will out do this one in the months to come

Are another slaughter, you Yanks certainly know how to put on a good show with your crazy gun laws, on a score of one to ten I give it a 7, but I know some crazy will out do this one in the months to come

Too bad Australia didn't have 24/7 news coverage back when you all were bludgeoning the Aboriginals.

That would have made for some interesting news as well.

Approximately 20 dead, 43 sent to area hospitals and one officer injured. Suspect did have a device on him and may have had a device on the vehicle as well. Leaning towards him having some ideology but I didn't hear which the reporter asked about. Being called an act of terror.

3 officers respond to call of gunshots (one working at the location) and engaged the gunman who retreated inside and took hostages. Was apparently killed by SWAT following a forced entry. Controlled explosions were distractions. Probably some other things I missed. Next update planned at 9:30 EDT.

Several people injured in shooting at Florida gay club - CNN.com

Terror attack yet again... reports of bomb vest and hostages.

It probably is partially motivated within the backlash against perceived overshoot of the rights movements, so it could be interpreted as possibly politically motivated. On the other hand, it can as easily be something akin to school shootings by a lost mind. We should wait and see, before we start using it populistically. ;)

During the press briefing, the FBI was asked if it there was Islamic terrorism connection. The agent answered his leanings are toward Islamic terrorism.

Gruesome

Approximately 20 dead, 43 sent to area hospitals and one officer injured. Suspect did have a device on him and may have had a device on the vehicle as well. Leaning towards him having some ideology but I didn't hear which the reporter asked about. Being called an act of terror.

3 officers respond to call of gunshots (one working at the location) and engaged the gunman who retreated inside and took hostages. Was apparently killed by SWAT following a forced entry. Controlled explosions were distractions. Probably some other things I missed. Next update planned at 9:30 EDT.

Reporter was Peter Doocy of Fox News.

It probably is partially motivated within the backlash against perceived overshoot of the rights movements, so it could be interpreted as possibly politically motivated. On the other hand, it can as easily be something akin to school shootings by a lost mind. We should wait and see, before we start using it populistically. ;)

Both are terror. A school shooting is as much terror as a car bomb or in this case a mass shooting in a gay club. Excusing some attacks with "oh he was sick in the head" is absolutely pathetic... they are all sick in the head to do such things.

Could be gang related. I haven't heard of bomb vests and hostages. But no one knows at this point..

Nobody seems to know anything but that there was a shooting that is now over. But there is a lot of quacking going on. In 24 hours we will be able to tell much better, what is what.

Gay club... controlled explosion, mass casualties... it is terror.

Oh, I am sure that there are many for whom it would be a wet dream come true, if it is terror. And it easily could be. But it is a little early to tell. Don't you think? ;)

Both are terror. A school shooting is as much terror as a car bomb or in this case a mass shooting in a gay club. Excusing some attacks with "oh he was sick in the head" is absolutely pathetic... they are all sick in the head to do such things.

Well, I guess, if you want to strip the term "terror" of any meaning, you would want to call it terror, when a mentally challenged kid shoots a couple of his classmates.

Man, jog is already on an apology tour and no one made a peep yet.

It usually take 24-36 before any solid information comes out.

My thoughts are with the victims and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom