• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Several boats sink during Texas parade for President Trump

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A spokesperson for the Travis County sheriff’s office in Texas says “several” boats sank Saturday while taking part in a parade in support of President Donald Trump.

“We responded to multiple calls of boats in distress, several of them sank,” but there are no reports of fatalities or injuries and investigators have not determined how many boats sank on the lake near Austin, according to sheriff’s spokesperson Kristen Dark.

Dark said the cause was under investigation, but there was no indication of an intentional act.

“We have no reason to suspect foul play in any of these,” sinkings, Dark said.
====================================================
Not a good omen for Trump.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — A spokesperson for the Travis County sheriff’s office in Texas says “several” boats sank Saturday while taking part in a parade in support of President Donald Trump.

“We responded to multiple calls of boats in distress, several of them sank,” but there are no reports of fatalities or injuries and investigators have not determined how many boats sank on the lake near Austin, according to sheriff’s spokesperson Kristen Dark.

Dark said the cause was under investigation, but there was no indication of an intentional act.

I don't see how this is an omen for Trump. If almost all boats went down, yes, but with barely fraction of them and maybe even less having an issue. This looks about what you'd normally get when boating season comes back into swing in any area.

It was most likely a few drunk people who managed to either capsize their own boats, or tipped another. Aside from the fire, I don't believe that this warrants too much worry.

i'm glad that no one was hurt.

I don't see how this is an omen for Trump. If almost all boats went down, yes, but with barely fraction of them and maybe even less having an issue. This looks about what you'd normally get when boating season comes back into swing in any area.

It was most likely a few drunk people who managed to either capsize their own boats, or tipped another. Aside from the fire, I don't believe that this warrants too much worry.

Seems like a metaphor for the Trump presidency on so many levels....

You know, I do not think that this was some grand disaster or that it presages disaster.

But your statement there made me laugh. It reminded me of the joke "Well, other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

Seems like a metaphor for the Trump presidency on so many levels....

And the vast amount of burnings, stabbings, shootings and general chaos is a prime metaphor for the Democrats?

You know, I do not think that this was some grand disaster or that it presages disaster.

But your statement there made me laugh. It reminded me of the joke "Well, other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

Yeah, I just caught that.

It's funny actually. Despite the fact that you're practically surrounded by water. How a boat catches on fired and possibly even sinks, is one of those strange little facts that can just stump you.

And the vast amount of burnings, stabbings, shootings and general chaos is a prime metaphor for the Democrats?

And who is president presiding over this? Oh yeah TRUMP. So it's laughable to say there will be riots and looting under Biden when there is ALREADY rioting and looting UNDER Trump.

I saw some footage that showed some pretty big waves on that lake.

First thought...are people ok? Carry on.

More likely a few drunk people forgot to put the boat's plug in.

And who is president presiding over this? Oh yeah TRUMP. So it's laughable to say there will be riots and looting under Biden when there is ALREADY rioting and looting UNDER Trump.

The fact that you don't know who actually runs these states and allows such things to happen. Only shows that you lack either the intelligence to properly debate a topic, or the integrity to be take at your word.

How about this. Who runs a state: The governor, or the president?

And at the same time glad their boats sank like rocks.

**** em'.

nah, i'd rather see them soundly trounced at the polls. ol' Helix is a bit of a softy when it comes to people drowning.

Eh, water you gonna do?

Last edited:

This is really a story/

It's a message from God.

No, that is more of a proxy war of American values given that a good part of the violence is rooted in right-wing agitators.

*ahem*

A "boat parade" is called a "regatta".

A boat parade that sinks is called "hilarious".

No, that is more of a proxy war of American values given that a good part of the violence is rooted in right-wing agitators.

Yeah, we've heard that excuse before. But it didn't work last time either, seeing as the people throwing firebombs and attacking people in the streets. Were screaming "bash-the-fash" and waving communist flags.

Say what you want about the right. But at least they have the integrity to recognize when their supporters do something and then denounce them accordingly.

Yeah, we've heard that excuse before. But it didn't work last time either, seeing as the people throwing firebombs and attacking people in the streets. Were screaming "bash-the-fash" and waving communist flags.

You apparently do not understand how this works and/or have turned a blind eye to it (which Trump supporters are very good at)...... but Trump has tried to leverage the violence in the streets to his political advantage. It may be the only pathetic line of reasoning that works for him in his re-election bid, his "hail-mar.

Trump has failed to denounce the violence in our streets, except that which he believes came from "the left". He has failed to the point of promoting it; even participating himself (sending federal agents into Portland, who worked to significantly scale-up the violence and gassing peaceful protestors so he could walk across the street for a contrived and poorly executed photo-op.) in aggrievating the situation, because it suits him. And, we know Trump has no guard rails on right or decency when it suits him.

Trump, allies seek to turn violence at protests to his advantage - Los Angeles Times
Violence in the name of Trump | US news | The Guardian

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/JU00/20200610/110775/HHRG-116-JU00-20200610-SD019.pdf
Far-Right Infiltrators and Agitators in George Floyd Protests: Indicators of White Supremacists
Boogaloo Movement Tied To Murder, Violence And Disinformation During ProtestS
https://www.chicagotribune.com/nati...0200601-vtza5bku6vaa5bxukk7rq5u4ee-story.html
https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...-threat-emerges-right-wing-boogaloo-movement/

There is not a real communist movement in this country. If you are seeing communist flags, its most likely right-wingers in poor costume. The purpose of the right wing agitation is to raise the level of angst and violence such that people attribute to BLM and the left. This accomplishes two highly desirable things for those groups: 1) it de-legitimatizes the BLM movement AND 2) it makes Trump look stronger than he is. The evidence suggests that they have had some success with this. Remember, the NSA for much of the last fifteen years has identified right-wing extremism as the greatest of all threats to our safety and our democracy.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/rise-far-right-extremism-united-states
https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/militant-extremists-united-states

Say what you want about the right. But at least they have the integrity to recognize when their supporters do something and then denounce them accordingly.

LOL. Please show me an example of that. No, let's make this personal, kindly link me to a post of yours where you blast Trump for his consistent degradation of military service. You can't do that you say, then show me an example where you have blasted an action of Trump's as wrong, or any prominent Republicans that have gone too far in his defense.

Please, don't write checks you can't cash. You can't really back up that statement, so don't make such claims. The entire Trump presidency is about never accepting blame; and his entire support is about never giving him blame. Your statement should be banned from comedy clubs everywhere as the powerful one-liner that shuts down the club. All those drinks coming out the noses of the patrons, what an ugly scene. People can die from laughing that hard.

Last edited:
You apparently do not understand how this works and/or have turned a blind eye to it (which Trump supporters are very good at)...... but Trump has tried to leverage the violence in the streets to his political advantage. It may be the only pathetic line of reasoning that works for him in his re-election bid, his "hail-mar.
Once again, more excuses and deflection (something regressives are extremely prone to doing). But sadly, they are extremely terrible at it.

Trump has failed to denounce the violence in our streets, except that which he believes came from "the left". He has failed to the point of promoting it; even participating himself (sending federal agents into Portland, who worked to significantly scale-up the violence and gassing peaceful protestors so he could walk across the street for a contrived and poorly executed photo-op.) in aggravating the situation, because it suits him. And, we know Trump has no guard rails on right or decency when it suits him.
-Forgetting the fact that he's been calling for law & order for nearly four and a half months. I'm still glad and somewhat disappointed to see that you can't do anything more than lie about something that we've been literally seeing for that exact time.
-The protestors threatened federal property. Which is why they were sent in to help deal with the riots. If you want to keep up the lies and call them something like fascist troops/storm troopers. If you want to have a discussion on if they did something outside of their power. Then that's a fine discussion to have. Other then that however, you're going to be found sorely short on the subject.
-Lying about the protestors being peaceful. Is another issue that you're going to have to deal with as well.
-Ditton on your side as well.

There is not a real communist movement in this country. If you are seeing communist flags, its most likely right-wingers in poor costume. The purpose of the right wing agitation is to raise the level of angst and violence such that people attribute to BLM and the left. This accomplishes two highly desirable things for those groups: 1) it de-legitimatizes the BLM movement AND 2) it makes Trump look stronger than he is. The evidence suggests that they have had some success with this. Remember, the NSA for much of the last fifteen years has identified right-wing extremism as the greatest of all threats to our safety and our democracy.
Oh that's good. So that means a vast amount of the boogaloo boys and those people who tore up Charlottesville. Were all just "left wing agitators" in very poor costumes. Give me a ****ing break :lamo

LOL. Please show me an example of that. No, let's make this personal, kindly link me to a post of yours where you blast Trump for his consistent degradation of military service. You can't do that you say, then show me an example where you have blasted an action of Trump's as wrong, or any prominent Republicans that have gone too far in his defense.
-You would actually need to prove as such first.
-Other then some missile and drone strikes. I've had no real issue with anything else that Trump's been directly linked with.

[QUOUTE]Please, don't write checks you can't cash. You can't really back up that statement, so don't make such claims. The entire Trump presidency is about never accepting blame; and his entire support is about never giving him blame. Your statement should be banned from comedy clubs everywhere as the powerful one-liner that shuts down the club. All those drinks coming out the noses of the patrons, what an ugly scene. People can die from laughing that hard.[/QUOTE]
:roll:

Back
Top Bottom