• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Seven Perfect Songs (Copied)

mixedmedia said:
:rofl
Dolly Parton is an angel on this earth. I love her, everything about her. And she writes simple, heartfelt songs that really move me. And her voice.....oh my god, it can slay me. I'm a woman, a straight woman, and I could care less about her physique. It's her pipes and wonderful soul that I love.

Opps...I shouldn't have made that crack about prefering a different part of the female anatomy..LOL...my apologies.

Gee...all this time I thought you were a guy...that's the internet for you.

But...back to Dolly...have you heard any of the "Trio" albums?

Dolly, Emmylou and Linda singing together...angels on Earth!

Between you and me, I didn't care for Whiney ( purposely misspelled) Houston's version of "I Will Always Love you." No comparison, but I'm glad for Dolly, cause I heard she made a ton of money.

Again, my apologies if you're a fan of Ms. Houstons.

I have to back the "I Will Always Love You" - Dolly Parton reference, it's just a wonderful song, very heartfelt, and extremely beautiful.
Then here is my other six in no specific order:
2. What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong because it's just a real bad day fixer.
3. I Hung My Head - Johhny Cash it speaks for itself.
4. Lucille - Little Richard
5. Let's Stay Together- The Reverend Al Green
6. Part-Time Lover - Stevie Wonder
7. It Aint Over Till It's Over - Lenny Kravitz.

Hoot said:
Opps...I shouldn't have made that crack about prefering a different part of the female anatomy..LOL...my apologies.

Gee...all this time I thought you were a guy...that's the internet for you.

But...back to Dolly...have you heard any of the "Trio" albums?

Dolly, Emmylou and Linda singing together...angels on Earth!

Between you and me, I didn't care for Whiney ( purposely misspelled) Houston's version of "I Will Always Love you." No comparison, but I'm glad for Dolly, cause I heard she made a ton of money.

Again, my apologies if you're a fan of Ms. Houstons.

Pshaw, Hoot! Don't apologize. I certainly wasn't offended.

Yes! I have heard many of the songs from the trio albums, and have a few of them on my computer. I do love Emmylou, too.

I don't care for the Whitney version, either. It's too much for that delicate little song. I do have a version with Dolly and Vince Gill that I also like very much, though. Still, Dolly's original version is my favorite.

I didn't answer this question last week because it was put forth as a list of popular music, and I don't do much of that. As to 7 perfect songs, the genres of music all would have their own. I am sure the masters of classical composition came up with some of the most well reguarded music that has truly stood the test of time. But as a boundary for this purpose, I will make mine a list of music from the last century through today.

In no certain order:

- Melissa: Allman Brothers Band*
- So What: Miles Davis*
- Running on Empty: Jackson Browne
- He stopped loving her today: George Jones
- Prince Caspian: Phish*
- California: John Mayall*
- Margaritaville: Jimmy Buffett

*-A few of those were really the favorite songs of some people I would love to include their entire songbook on the list.

hiker said:
I didn't answer this question last week because it was put forth as a list of popular music, and I don't do much of that. As to 7 perfect songs, the genres of music all would have their own. I am sure the masters of classical composition came up with some of the most well reguarded music that has truly stood the test of time. But as a boundary for this purpose, I will make mine a list of music from the last century through today.

In no certain order:

- Melissa: Allman Brothers Band*
- So What: Miles Davis*
- Running on Empty: Jackson Browne
- He stopped loving her today: George Jones
- Prince Caspian: Phish*
- California: John Mayall*
- Margaritaville: Jimmy Buffett

*-A few of those were really the favorite songs of some people I would love to include their entire songbook on the list.

Nice list! Deja vu.....I think I've been here before, lol.

I don't know if I'm up to seven yet but here is a few more:
Relax- Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Shook Me- ACDC
Smoke On The Water- Deep Purple... Check out the newly orchestrated version...And video performance

Here's my list (20th Century only)

Adagio for Strings - Barber
4:33 - Cage (the one song I could listen to over and over again for the rest of my life)
Kind of Blue- Miles Davis
Like A Rolling Stone - Dylan
A Love Supreme - Coltrane
Salsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
Imagine - John Lennon

1) Ramble On-Led Zep
2) Dreams-Allman Brothers Band
3) The Wizard-Uriah Heep
4) Girls Talk-Elvis Costello
5) London Calling-The Clash
6) Nantucket Sleigh Ride-Mountain
7) If I were a Carpenter-Tim Hardin