• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SEVEN OTs! Texas A&M Beats LSU 74–72 in the Highest Scoring Game in FBS History

nota bene

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
From Sports Illustrated:

It was a crazy night in College Station after Texas A&M beat LSU 74–72 in seven overtimes in the highest-scoring game in FBS history.

Yes, you read that correctly. Seven overtimes.

...Sunday morning's finish became the highest-scoring game in FBS history and tied a record for the longest game. On Nov. 26, 2016, Pittsburgh beat Syracuse 76–61, scoring a combined 137 points. Texas A&M and LSU combined for 146 points. https://www.si.com/college-football...lsu-seventh-overtime-highest-scoring-game-fbs

LSU is still howling about the officiating, and I guess this will be argued about for years. Geaux, Tigers...next year, and meanwhile, gig 'em, Aggies!

From Sports Illustrated:

It was a crazy night in College Station after Texas A&M beat LSU 74–72 in seven overtimes in the highest-scoring game in FBS history.

...Sunday morning's finish became the highest-scoring game in FBS history and tied a record for the longest game. On Nov. 26, 2016, Pittsburgh beat Syracuse 76–61, scoring a combined 137 points. Texas A&M and LSU combined for 146 points. https://www.si.com/college-football...lsu-seventh-overtime-highest-scoring-game-fbs

LSU is still howling about the officiating, and I guess this will be argued about for years. Geaux, Tigers...next year, and meanwhile, gig 'em, Aggies!

SEVEN overtimes. That is insane. Five hours of football.

In those kind of games you hate to see someone lose. It will take a couple days for those bodies to recover.

The game was insane. Just getting it to OT was one thing, but seeing how OT played out (plus the officiating) was nothing but WTF.

From Sports Illustrated:

I was a student at UT Austin in the early 70s, but I did not graduate, getting drafted at a time I was struggling to pay the costs of my education on my own. I attended some spectacular Longhorn games in the late 60s. I had several friends at Texas A&M. Go Aggies.

SEVEN overtimes. That is insane. Five hours of football.

In those kind of games you hate to see someone lose. It will take a couple days for those bodies to recover.

I remarked last night to someone that although I realize there can be only one winner, when you're talking about double and triple OT, both teams are winners, IMO.

LSU was outscored, and they were also missing some key players last night. Still, there has always been a friendly rivalry between A&M and LSU, and this is the first time since joining the SEC that A&M has beaten them. Bonus: A&M also won at halftime.

Back
Top Bottom