• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Service members anonymously protest potential war against Syria on Facebook

While I am against the war in Syria I do think soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen bitching about going to war amounts to traffic cops complaining about writing speeding tickets, garbage men taking out trash, prison guards having to guard prison inmates, kindergarten teachers complaining about teaching 4-5 year old kids or someone else complaining about doing a job they knowingly signed up for. They signed up for a warfare occupation, that means they are in the business of going to war and if they didn't want to go to war then they shouldn't have joined the military in the first place. And last I check there was no "pick what ever war you want to fight in" sign on bonus.

Personally, I take it a step further than that -- how is it that anyone who signed up to fight, kill and die for their country expects to be taken seriously when expressing their opinion in uniform while hiding their face? I mean, either you're an anonymous asshole like everyone posting on forums and creating memes, or you're a soldier in uniform. I don't see how you do both at the same time in the same picture or discussion with any credibility.

Wow, really?

To the South we had Spanish Florida, our ally in the Revolutionary War.

Then to the West we had Spanish Louisiana, then French Louisiana. Both controlled by our allies Spain and France.

Nope, sorry, no enemies there.

To our North we had Canada. Thinly peopled, at peace with the US because of a treaty.

Oh yea, enemies on all sides. Let's not forget about the dangers of sharks in the Atlantic (especially off the Carolina Coast). We never know when they were going to invade.

Sorry, but I am well aware of the facts in this matter. Now were you going to tell me about all the threats from Spain and France to invade the new United States?
It is a shame that so much of what you know simply is not true.

In the debates on the Constitution the Framers disagree with you.

Your first paragraph: BS.

Your second paragraph: Which post are you referring to (lengthy thread)? And then I can say, BS.
I cannot begin to tell you just how much value this post brought to the discussion.

I cannot begin to tell you just how much value this post brought to the discussion.

Well, thank you. I'm flattered. What do you expect? The military takes over at the slightest breach of the constitution as they interpret it? I really don't understand your position, perhaps you can elaborate. If you don't want to, then please direct me to a post where I can reference your position.

It is a shame that so much of what you know simply is not true.

In the debates on the Constitution the Framers disagree with you.

I see, and then please enlighten me, and show me where they thought otherwise.

All you do is jibber-jabber, I would like to see what evidence you use to support this claim

Well, thank you. I'm flattered. What do you expect? The military takes over at the slightest breach of the constitution as they interpret it? I really don't understand your position, perhaps you can elaborate. If you don't want to, then please direct me to a post where I can reference your position.

A discussion with "Mister Truth" will leave you thinking he is more "Mister Wine" to be honest. Just goes in circles with outrageous claims, never backs them up.

I see, and then please enlighten me, and show me where they thought otherwise.

All you do is jibber-jabber, I would like to see what evidence you use to support this claim

A discussion with "Mister Truth" will leave you thinking he is more "Mister Wine" to be honest. Just goes in circles with outrageous claims, never backs them up.

One could look in the Federalist papers. I found arguments in the debates on the Constitution. It was very simple to find, even in paper...

One could look in the Federalist papers. I found arguments in the debates on the Constitution. It was very simple to find, even in paper...

Then quote us the relevant passages please. As I said, you keep saying things that you "know to be true" and provide no proof of this.

Personally, I take it a step further than that -- how is it that anyone who signed up to fight, kill and die for their country expects to be taken seriously when expressing their opinion in uniform while hiding their face? I mean, either you're an anonymous asshole like everyone posting on forums and creating memes, or you're a soldier in uniform. I don't see how you do both at the same time in the same picture or discussion with any credibility.

Honestly, I wonder how many are really in the military to begin with.

Because we are all informed of the appropriate orders as to what is appropriate and not appropriate in uniform. And 30 years ago I was told I could not do anything political or protest in nature while in uniform.

If these are people in the military, then I hope they get their asses fried in an Article 15 or SCM. If not military (and there are tons of fakes on FB) then I wish they would STFU.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/truther-troll.png[/quote]

Because of several blogs I follow I am used to seeing douchebags who are trying to pretend to be what they are not.

Honestly, I wonder how many are really in the military to begin with.

Because we are all informed of the appropriate orders as to what is appropriate and not appropriate in uniform. And 30 years ago I was told I could not do anything political or protest in nature while in uniform.

If these are people in the military, then I hope they get their asses fried in an Article 15 or SCM. If not military (and there are tons of fakes on FB) then I wish they would STFU.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/truther-troll.png{/QUOTE}

Because of several blogs I follow I am used to seeing douchebags who are trying to pretend to be what they are not.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I did not see the screwed up image until after it was to late to change. Here is the right one:

[IMG]http://thisainthell.us/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/truther-troll.png

Back
Top Bottom