• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Server down

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAkston

Master of Shenanigans
Administrator
Dungeon Master
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The server unfortunately crashed overnight. I restarted it this morning. There may be a few issues with the search function. I will look into these this evening.

If it's any help this is the error message I get when using the search function

"connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)"

I wish they wouldn't call them servers it reminds me of involuntary servitude.

All I got was the same screen if I try to access while the server is doing it’s 0500-0600 EST back-up or whatever. Lasted past 0630.

All I got was the same screen if I try to access while the server is doing it’s 0500-0600 EST back-up or whatever. Lasted past 0630.

Serves you right for being sleepless. :)

Serves you right for being sleepless. :)

What time do you get up? Can’t sleep all day. I’m healthy and wise, working on the wealthy part........:mrgreen:

The server unfortunately crashed overnight. I restarted it this morning. There may be a few issues with the search function. I will look into these this evening.

Well, last night just before the server crashed, I reported a "new member" (literally all his posts were about the same thing, posted in various Forums) who demanded money or he would crash the system.

He gave a countdown in each post, a code of some type to use for payments, and at the end of that countdown...the system crashed.

It's possible the system was hacked in some way. I suggest you check for invasive codes, and perhaps new security firewalls if necessary.

What time do you get up? Can’t sleep all day. I’m healthy and wise, working on the wealthy part........:mrgreen:

Most days about 5:30 am, do my thing in the bathroom, take two meds, take Dog out for a first morning walk, post some songs here, back to sleep for a couple of hours. Then a second walk for Dog, meds and breakfast, scan the news and a few favorite cites, some exercise, answer the e-mails that need answering, a nap, a long walk with Dog, the grandkids start arriving after school, nerf gun fight, play my guitars, more exercise, a shower and a shave before my honey gets home from work. A nap, and so on.

Most days about 5:30 am, do my thing in the bathroom, take two meds, take Dog out for a first morning walk, post some songs here, back to sleep for a couple of hours. Then a second walk for Dog, meds and breakfast, scan the news and a few favorite cites, some exercise, answer the e-mails that need answering, a nap, a long walk with Dog, the grandkids start arriving after school, nerf gun fight, play my guitars, more exercise, a shower and a shave before my honey gets home from work. A nap, and so on.

Samuel Pepys? Is that you?

Chronicler of the Great Plague?

He buried his cheese during the Great Fire of London. His diary was representative of London life during his times.

He buried his cheese during the Great Fire of London. His diary was representative of London life during his times.

Funny what triggers old memories. Your post put me back in Grade 11 English Lit. All it needed was to end with, "And so to bed."

Well, last night just before the server crashed, I reported a "new member" (literally all his posts were about the same thing, posted in various Forums) who demanded money or he would crash the system.

He gave a countdown in each post, a code of some type to use for payments, and at the end of that countdown...the system crashed.

It's possible the system was hacked in some way. I suggest you check for invasive codes, and perhaps new security firewalls if necessary.

Just some dumb**** child flooding us with bots, I'd wager - the problem I had once his "countdown" ended was a notification about the server being too busy, although I could get the page to refresh a few times in spite of that. I find it hilarious that he was polite enough to do that during the forum's slowest part of the day in the slowest part of the week. It's almost like he went out of his way to be inconsequential.

The code was a wallet for cryptocurrency, by the way.

Lucky dog! :thumbs:

Your day sounds like my dog’s day; he gets 21 hours of sleep, whether he needs it or not!

Did you get rid of the insect infestation?

Search is back up. All should be good now.

I'm usually awake by around 5:00 AM most days.
I take in a little bit of KTLA TV5's Morning News for a few chuckles (Chris Schauble, Eric Spillman, Mark Mester, Megan Henderson and Henry DiCarlo) and by around 6:00 I let Betty Boop out to do her usual pooping, peeing and barking. By 6:30 she's back in the house and enjoying her treats and I'm checking on wife Karen's vitals.
If she needs a dressing change or something else, I do that, and of course with it being circa 6:30 AM she's usually not too thrilled about it but she doesn't gripe very much, because she knows I'll be done soon and she just goes back to sleep.
Around 7:00 ish I'm in the car headed to the corner convenience store to grab a snack, and I head back to my edit bay where my one remaining perennial client usually has enough for me to do to keep me busy for about four hours.

By that point it's time to get Karen up, get her dressed and in her power chair so she can putter around and do her thing.
And of course by around lunch time that's when you see me here, nothing else to do until the animals want to get fed, or laundry or dishes to do.

If I have enough DVD orders (usually about five or six or more) I package them up and go to the Post Office and drop them off, which of course means another stop at my little corner store again, then back home. Then I putter around here or at the Rant until around dinner.

What comes after that depends on a variety of factors so it's a tossup, maybe do a little jamming on the piano or organ, maybe tinker a bit with some ham gear, maybe make a few calls to close friends, but music and more coffee usually figure into it.
By around 8 or 9:00 PM I am looking forward to watching stuff with the wife on TV.

----It is a huge change from around three or four years ago when I'd be up at 4:30 AM packing gear for what was usually a 7:00 AM call and a twelve to fourteen hour shoot day, or moseying over to one of several outside edit bays to collaborate on stuff, then working out the deets at home in my own edit bay, sometimes deep into the night or even well into the next day.

I miss being a director of photography, been selling off small chunks of gear here and there.
I really don't want to get rid of my 2 favorite cameras but they're collecting dust now.
Another year or so and they will most likely be overlooked for newer models and won't fetch a pretty penny anymore.
When you have floaters in both eyes, you're pretty much done as a professional photog or cinematographer, it really bites the big one.

Retirement or even semi-retirement isn't all it was cracked up to be.
But it could be a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom