• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Seriously?

c0wardlyli0n

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Clinton and Trump are the selected "choices" this time? Seriously? No, I mean seriously? Seriously.

Election 2016!! Would you prefer to be kicked in the nuts by a jackass or an elephant?

Clinton and Trump are the selected "choices" this time? Seriously? No, I mean seriously? Seriously.

Yep. The two Americans best qualified for the job. Yes sir!

Democracy is not pretty...but it is what we've got.

The bottom line is that both these people were chosen by voters. Millions of them, in fact.

Some people will sit back and call all those people stupid and unconcerned. I think that is hubris speaking.

Vote for one of the major party candidates...or vote for someone else. Write in your own name if you want.

But when the decision has been made...the sensible thing to do is to back the winner.

The bottom line is that both these people were chosen by voters. Millions of them, in fact.

Some people will sit back and call all those people stupid and unconcerned. I think that is hubris speaking.

Vote for one of the major party candidates...or vote for someone else. Write in your own name if you want.

But when the decision has been made...the sensible thing to do is to back the winner.

This is a Republic Frank, and you should be glad it is, or the majority would have stopped many of the progressive policies rammed down our throats.

This is a Republic Frank, and you should be glad it is, or the majority would have stopped many of the progressive policies rammed down our throats.

It is a democratic republic, cj.

My guess is that if it were a pure democracy...we would have much, much, much more progressive policies...none of which were rammed down "our" throats.

They were "chosen" from a group of people that were selected by the wealthy segment of the country. The primary process is corrupt and needs severe reformation. The mainstream media are moutpieces for the establishment that only promote those who serve their agenda and only those with the financial backing of the wealthy elite can even make it into the primaries. So in effect, who the people have "chosen" weren't much of a "choice" to begin with.

They were "chosen" from a group of people that were selected by the wealthy segment of the country. The primary process is corrupt and needs severe reformation. The mainstream media are moutpieces for the establishment that only promote those who serve their agenda and only those with the financial backing of the wealthy elite can even make it into the primaries. So in effect, who the people have "chosen" weren't much of a "choice" to begin with.

Agree completely. We clearly are a plutocracy.

I don't know what wealthy people "chose" Donald Trump. From all appearances, he chose himself.

I don't know what wealthy people "chose" Donald Trump. From all appearances, he chose himself.

The point is, he represents the interests of the upper class. And gets free air time on all three cable news shows.

The point is, he represents the interests of the upper class. And gets free air time on all three cable news shows.

Yes but he wasn't put there by the upper class. He was put where he is because of stupid voters.

Pass, I refuse to throw my principles out the window to back either one of the two evils and the rest are not viable candidates. One does not have to vote for either, simply skip that choice and vote on the rest of those running for office. Reminder, neither you nor I vote the winner into the Oval Office, the States do that and most of those are already committed one way or the other, so no I do not have to support whomever wins nor will I.

When you have a system where in our country's history presidents have been picked against the popular vote, and nominees picked by the delegate system against the popular vote, is not a democracy. It is far from it.

Are you gong to back Donald Trump if he wins?

Back
Top Bottom