• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Serious and Honest Question For Pro-Life Men

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Why do you care about this topic? <--- serious and honest question

What is it exactly that drives your passion here?

Is it based on a religious belief? (be honest here)

Is it centered around something else? What would that something else be?

Is it perhaps that you fear having no control over a situation you might find yourself in?

I get that you feel it's "wrong". There's lots of "wrongs" in the world. Lots.

What is it that feeds your ideology on this one topic?

The human race is still growing in population.
There's no rational fear of human beings going extinct due to "choice" regarding pregnancy.
We don't "need" unwanted babies for the human race to carry on.

As a male/man, what is it exactly that drives your passion in this?
As a male/man, why do you care?

Also, please know that simply making abortion illegal won't make abortion go away. You do know that right?
Heroin, cocaine, meth, and plenty of pills are all illegal and can be found in every high school in America just about.
Rape is illegal and it happens at alarming rates.

So why? Why do you care?

If there was ever a thread waiting for... :popcorn2:

I care because God cares...the Bible's viewpoint is that human life begins at conception...Psalm 139:13-16...the life of the unborn is precious...Exodus 21:22,23...

Is it perhaps that you fear having no control over a situation you might find yourself in?

There's no rational fear of human beings going extinct due to "choice" regarding pregnancy.

Also, please know that simply making abortion illegal won't make abortion go away. You do know that right?
Heroin, cocaine, meth, and plenty of pills are all illegal and can be found in every high school in America just about.

So why? Why do you care?

Well, there's a modern day Holocaust going on - the extermination of 40-50 million innocent unborn babies. And there is a God who is late in bring Judgment on the U.S. and other nations because of this bloodshed.

And there will likely be a whole bunch of unrepentant abortionists and those who offer up their babies for slaughter who I believe will have a tough time answering for their bloodshed at the final Judgment. Be warned.

Well, there's a modern day Holocaust going on - the extermination of 40-50 million innocent unborn babies. And there is a God who is late in bring Judgment on the U.S. and other nations because of this bloodshed.

And there will likely be a whole bunch of unrepentant abortionists and those who offer up their babies for slaughter who I believe will have a tough time answering for their bloodshed at the final Judgment. Be warned.

Sounds like you are going for the 'based on religious beliefs' option

Given that life doesn't exactly abound in the nearby universe, a secular answer should be obvious.

Sounds like you are going for the 'based on religious beliefs' option

I'm also basing it on the fact that even without God it's a bloody mess of a business. Nasty. Horrendous.

Given that life doesn't exactly abound in the nearby universe, a secular answer should be obvious.

So what exactly is your "secular answer"?

Earth is teaming with life.
To the point of perhaps poisoning the planet in irreversible, and potentially deadly ways.

So what exactly is your "secular answer"?

Earth is teaming with life.
To the point of perhaps poisoning the planet in irreversible, and potentially deadly ways.

What I said addressed the "nearby universe". Whether you hold life as sacrosanct for religious or other reasons, it's seems we're pretty much alone around these parts of our galaxy. That's a decidedly secular reason for which we might hold life as precious.

What I said addressed the "nearby universe". Whether you hold life as sacrosanct for religious or other reasons, it's seems we're pretty much alone around these parts of our galaxy. That's a decidedly secular reason for which we might hold life as precious.

Are you insinuating that those who are not pro-life, don't hold life precious?

Are you insinuating that those who are not pro-life, don't hold life precious?

Did I say that? I don't make categorical statements on such subjects - the "either-or" type to which you refer. I simply said that one doesn't have to have deeply held religious or moral beliefs to decide that given life's absence from most celestial bodies relatively near to us, one might think life is precious without further inducement.

Did I say that? I don't make categorical statements on such subjects - the "either-or" type to which you refer. I simply said that one doesn't have to have deeply held religious or moral beliefs to decide that given life's absence from most celestial bodies relatively near to us, one might think life is precious without further inducement.

Fair enough.

So your position is that since we appear to be "alone", that abortion should be illegal?

So if some non-human intelligent life-form suddenly landed on Mars and colonized it, you'd become more of a pro-choice person?

Fair enough.

So your position is that since we appear to be "alone", that abortion should be illegal?

So if some non-human intelligent life-form suddenly landed on Mars and colonized it, you'd become more of a pro-choice person?

No. I could view an abortion as a proper decision in one instance, and not in another. Do I have to join a camp on this matter? I don't think so. I think I can remain free range.

They are not innocent. They invaded without consent a woman's body.

they are not babies... they are embryos.

Final Judgement is a load of horse ****....

The problem with any question that begins with 'why do you...?' is it amounts to a form of phishing in the wrong hands.

The more we think we know about one another as individuals the more tempting it is to make values judgements, pigeonhole them as 'the other' and use it as ammunition to make personal attacks. Now some people are more than happy to wear their beliefs on their sleeves and take flak for it. Others would rather discuss the issues impersonally and to the extent possible, impartially.

As Humbolt states he likes to remain free range. To the absolutist though, well it's 'with us or against us'...

Final Judgement is a load of horse ****....

LOL...most grown women have heard about the birds and the bees by the time they're teenagers...nowadays sooner...

No. I could view an abortion as a proper decision in one instance, and not in another. Do I have to join a camp on this matter? I don't think so. I think I can remain free range.

You can think/believe any way you wish. Free range as it were.

Just out of curiosity, when might you view an abortion as a "proper decision"?

That would depend on the status of the prospective mother, and the status of the child.

It truely is one of those subjective topics, that ones persons perception of "proper decision" varies from the another.

Purely from an individuals opinion and actions perspective, one should be able to decide and act on an issue of which they truely believe (within reason) is moral and just and legal. This is where it becomes difficult....how do you legislate. Personally I believe this is where religion and state should remain separate and ensure that the legislative decisions made should be in societal interest, not religious interest.

LOL...most grown women have heard about the birds and the bees by the time they're teenagers...nowadays sooner...

That has nothing to do with the fact that the woman did not consent to the life invading her body...

So why? Why do you care?

I care because it robs someone of an entire life. If a 50 year old dies in a car crash, it's less tragic because they at least got more than half a life.

Why do you care about this topic?
The future is down-steam of culture beliefs we help create…

when, you see more and more of….

you see that there is growing a danger to life, civilization etc.

This worries me greatly.

The egregiousness disregard to its importance…if abortions were rare, restricted and mostly based on horrible situations and medical realities, perhaps I could come to be more sympathetic.

When my wife speaks of her miscarriage the grief is rarely losted people. They don't dismiss that simply because our baby was biologically unviable in early term; yet, had she "aborted" so often that grief is never considered.

So if a woman feels indifference or grief this should be the determining difference in how we view the event as a society?

That is simply not how a developed moral compass works. It convient apathy. A condition which always leads to greater and greater evils.

I do think it can be treated with respect but we are not in that position as a culture. There is a problem.Once acknowledged as murder. We can have a discussion about the merit of circumstances of its allowance.

Is it based on a religious belief?
In the sense of being a tenet or common belief of those who i identify as religiously kin. No.
Do my religious beliefs help form my moral disposition - of course.

I do think it is a concerning position to be without power in that "choice" considering there are two parents, but, "fear" is not word of my thoughts on those situations.

I do though certainly feel disgust when we just let women be murders of their own children. I really can't see how one can not. However, I can fully submit not all circumstances of intentional killing is murder. Holding that one best assumes it is until justified otherwise based on the context.

There's lots of "wrongs" in the world. Lots.
Yes, but some are more evil than others…mainly due to their cumulative effects.

This wrong stands out and is very preventable.

We do however need a moral society to survive….I see little different between this the ancient practice of child sacrifice…that needed to end there/then and this here/now.

please know that simply making abortion illegal won't make abortion go away.
Of course, and there is some merit to saving mothers from back alley abortions - however - a smaller issue to be dealt with when they are rare and acknowledged with the proper moral weight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom