• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"Sequester? What's that?" - Says Federal Judges

Mike.Redd

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Im so happy with Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK). He asked federal judges to justify why they are spending taxpayer dollars on “jet set judicial junkets.” I want to know why we are paying for these was well. Most industries when they have a conference the person going has to pay out of pocket. I feel the Judges should pay out of their own pocket, Not Ours.

“Government officials, including judges, can’t publicly claim small sequester cuts are devastating while continuing to attend posh junkets on the taxpayer’s dime,” says Coburn!

I agree with him 150%

Source: Rare.us | Judges jet off to swanky resorts on taxpayer dime

Im so happy with Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK). He asked federal judges to justify why they are spending taxpayer dollars on “jet set judicial junkets.” I want to know why we are paying for these was well. Most industries when they have a conference the person going has to pay out of pocket. I feel the Judges should pay out of their own pocket, Not Ours.

“Government officials, including judges, can’t publicly claim small sequester cuts are devastating while continuing to attend posh junkets on the taxpayer’s dime,” says Coburn!

I agree with him 150%

I must confess that I did not wait for the link to load, but I will guarantee that wasting even more tax money with a "shocking" congressional committee investigation (along with the usual sham "hearings" requiring even more travel) will not result in saving "one dime" of taxpayer money. That money is long gone, get over it and actually do your freaking jobs! What congress critters should do, but I predict they will not do, is to simply cut the appropriations for these clowns, until they have to camp on the courthouse lawn for a "conference". Besides that being the stated job of our congress critters, taking that action will certainly save the taxpayer's some additonal debt to be repaid "when things get better".

I agree with him 150%

Absolutely! When is Obama's next vacation and why has it not been cancelled?

Back
Top Bottom